ADVERTISEMENT

Cal the best3-4 team?

Not tough luck. That’s a bad football team finding ways to lose games doing what bad football teams do

Pitt & Cal are essentially the same. Cal has lost every close game. They are 4 plays away from 7-0. We are 3 plays away from 3-3. Sometimes the ball breaks your way and sometimes it doesnt. Missing a 25 yard FG to win it has to hurt.

They are a good place kicker away from being undefeated. They benched a senior transfer kicker in favor of a freshman kicker today; and the freshman kicker missed a go ahead fieldgoal attempt with 1:34 left in the game.

Going into today's game Cal's transfer kicker had only converted 7 of 14 fieldgoal attempts after having a 81.5% success rate the prior 2 seasons.

Cal kicking troubles

They are a good place kicker away from being undefeated. They benched a senior transfer kicker in favor of a freshman kicker today; and the freshman kicker missed a go ahead fieldgoal attempt with 1:34 left in the game.

Going into today's game Cal's transfer kicker had only converted 7 of 14 fieldgoal attempts after having a 81.5% success rate the prior 2 seasons.

Cal kicking troubles

WPIAL kickers have been good to Pitt. Pat McAfee is an all-time Pitt legend. And Cal's Ryan Coe from South Fayette gifted us a dub last week. Coe has an unbelievable resume. He went to 2 high schools (SF and Red Land in Pennsyltucky) and Cal is his 4th college.

Reactions: NKSplitter
0-4 in the ACC by a total of 9 points. The biggest loss being to 1 -6 fla st by 5. The other 3 games by 4 points including undefeated Pitt and Miami. Most snakebit team I’ve ever seen.

0-4 in the ACC by a total of 9 points. The biggest loss being to 1 -6 fla st by 5. The other 3 games by 4 points including undefeated Pitt and Miami. Most snakebit team I’ve ever seen.

FSU: kicker missed 2 FGs of 30ish yarda. Still had 1st and 10 on FSU 17 with 1:30 left and couldn't score. Lost by 5

Miami: big blown lead and terrible missed targeting

Pitt: missed 40 yard FG, lost by 2

NC St: missed 25 yard FG, lost by 1.

They should be 7-0.

I don't know about the other games, but thr field goals they missed against Pitt and NC State were with plenty of time on the clock for the opponents to come down and get a field goal of their own. So it's a stretch to assume 7-0.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT