ADVERTISEMENT

Can't wait to get this week over.

The thing about it that makes it work is the spots where yelling "Let's Go Pitt" fits into it.
Bah. The only good thing about it is that I can run up to the concourse and take a wiz or get a drink unencumbered while the masses are down there wobbling to it.

Yinz are babies. I love Brawl week. The ACC teams are all lame. Give me weak hoopie trash talk any day of the week over trying to lie to myself that I care about GT or Duke or UNC.
It’s one thing to listen to and engage in smack talk during brawl week (no problem). It’s another to listen to it for three months plus. It gets old…

I guess one’s “enjoyment” level depends on your maturity level…. Those drunken idiots fighting in the stands probably LOVE the smack talk too (no offense)...

Last edited:
Reactions: FireballZ
Bingo, It would be great to play the Hoopies and Nitters every year instead of the ACC.
Judging from your "handle" we're about the same age. I would love to see those two plus about 5
more "traditional opponents" BC, one of the service acadamies, Maryland, Virginia (I know ACC)
and Notre Dame. Conference alignment should have a geographic basis. I know all the TV deals
care about are "eyeballs". But we should be scheduling teams we have some geographic relation to and history with..
Still could have inter-sectional games to add variety plus the requisite G5/FCS "semi- guaranteed wins"

Reactions: Pitt79
Judging from your "handle" we're about the same age. I would love to see those two plus about 5
more "traditional opponents" BC, one of the service acadamies, Maryland, Virginia (I know ACC)
and Notre Dame. Conference alignment should have a geographic basis. I know all the TV deals
care about are "eyeballs". But we should be scheduling teams we have some geographic relation to and history with..
Still could have inter-sectional games to add variety plus the requisite G5/FCS "semi- guaranteed wins"
To me the super conference crap is garbage I won't watch, I don't watch the SEC, I won't watch the Big 10 with USC, none of this interests me, I'll just watch Pitt's games, and of course I never watch the ALWAYS Bama, tOSU, Clemson, 2nd SEC Team playoffs either.

This is ridiculous, I can't wait till this week is over too, but my reason is that I'm incredibly excited for this game, have barely slept since Sunday and have a tough time focusing on things other than the game. However, the two teams should definitely play every year, this game is much better than playing many of the ACC teams, like Duke and GT. This is what college football is all about. Its a little bit of trash talk, no one should take any of it very personal and I cannot wait for Thursday. H2P

Reactions: Conemaugh
I understand rooting for your team. I can understand talking a little smack. No problem. But the anger and delusional arguments that has been spewed wears my patience thin….
Yeah, but it comes from both sides. No one knows for sure what's really gonna happen tomorrow. I can't stand the trash talking myself. A child can do that and it puts zero points on the scoreboard for "your" team. And the coming from both sides I'm referring to is the OP talking about how WVU hasn't been good in over a decade? In 2018 we were top ten for a while and 2016 we won 10 games. So, people do exaggerate both ways.

Yeah, but it comes from both sides. No one knows for sure what's really gonna happen tomorrow. I can't stand the trash talking myself. A child can do that and it puts zero points on the scoreboard for "your" team. And the coming from both sides I'm referring to is the OP talking about how WVU hasn't been good in over a decade? In 2018 we were top ten for a while and 2016 we won 10 games. So, people do exaggerate both ways.
Yeah, but those were from playing a Big Xll schedule, so they don't really count.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT