ADVERTISEMENT

Capel looking to bring a dunk championship to Pitt too

-One thing is for certain, every recruit we are targeting seems to be a major athlete. Mcgowens, Johnson, and This kid can flat out sky, dam

DdRQc_PVwAEmn7S.jpg

I know nothing about him, so I'm not trying to be negative, but his offer list is very strange.

https://247sports.com/player/chris-ledlum-46051656

Late bloomer?
but, but, but, he made all those baskets in the video I just watched...I don't understand?... but seriously it would be great to be the first in line P5 for a coming of age diamond in the rough just showing up on other radar across the country..

Which is why I hate just a dunk video, I want to see how he shoots and dishes and overall situational awareness. It shows he's athletic which is eye candy for us, but we have to trust Capel at this stage of the game.
Honestly all skepticism aside he looks great in that tape. Even though it's a highlight reel, it appears from the video that he can handle the ball with both hands, he can create, dribble through traffic, finish through contact, and has a nose for the rim. He is extremely strong and explosively athletic and he's got a big wingspan. He appears to be a two-handed player which is nice. Only thing that looks a little wonky is his outside shot, which he shoots almost flat-footed and with a low release point despite his impressive vertical. He's obviously very intelligent given his Ivy interest. I'd certainly like to see him in a Pitt uniform. He's the kind of kid who could potentially turn into a Dwayne Wade-type player.

He's also a multi sport kid with football scholarships offers. It's safe to assume that he has considerable upside once he's focused on one sport.

Honestly all skepticism aside he looks great in that tape. Even though it's a highlight reel, it appears from the video that he can handle the ball with both hands, he can create, dribble through traffic, finish through contact, and has a nose for the rim. He is extremely strong and explosively athletic and he's got a big wingspan. He appears to be a two-handed player which is nice. Only thing that looks a little wonky is his outside shot, which he shoots almost flat-footed and with a low release point despite his impressive vertical. He's obviously very intelligent given his Ivy interest. I'd certainly like to see him in a Pitt uniform. He's the kind of kid who could potentially turn into a Dwayne Wade-type player.

Reactions: HOF Coach
-One thing is for certain, every recruit we are targeting seems to be a major athlete. Mcgowens, Johnson, and This kid can flat out sky, dam

DdRQc_PVwAEmn7S.jpg

That is definitely true, and it has been awhile since we have had a really athletic team. Even some Jamie's great teams were not overly athletic.

These comments are a great indication of who can't see the forest through the trees.

Ledlum is now a top 100 recruit and rising.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT