ADVERTISEMENT

Carmody to Notre Dame

Brey is on fire!

Brey-Avenger_medium.gif

Notre Dame brand is strong in Pittsburgh. That said, Carmody should thrive there. Good decision for him.
I thought there was a poster here who said he was a big problem and Pitt should pass. Why would ND want that?

I thought there was a poster here who said he was a big problem and Pitt should pass. Why would ND want that?
Because he will average 30 per game against Pitt 4 years in a row...that's why...

He'll strut around South Bend and boast "I'm a Pittsburgh guy and love all Pittsburgh sports!"

Yea...right

Amazing how all of these "Pittsburgh" guys love all the Pittsburgh sports, well except the college team. Hell, we even have one "Pittsburgh guy" who loves all his pro Pittsburgh teams AND went to Pitt yet doesn't like Pitt. Pitt has to either be a) horrible and responsible for all ills of the world or b) the worst marketed school/program in the history of the world.

Carmody's dad has written some articles for the post gazette's HS sports page and seems like a reasonably grounded guy.

There is a poster who is pretty gung ho supporting KS who goes to some pretty bizarre rationals who has railed on about he is a "dirty" player who he is sure the program is very much better off without.

This is his most absurd position he has taken to this point.

Let's say you have two choices to go to college on a full ride and your two choices are the Universty of Pittsburgh or Nortre Dame where ya going ? Enough said !
Good luck to him he made the right decision. ( for him )
Ps ... those putting this on KS are off base , there's only one way that a recruit like Carmody stays home and that's if Pitt was a top ten program .

There is a poster who is pretty gung ho supporting KS who goes to some pretty bizarre rationals who has railed on about he is a "dirty" player who he is sure the program is very much better off without.

This is his most absurd position he has taken to this point.

First, I will start off by saying I clearly wanted Carmody at Pitt. He is a really good player.

In saying that, he absolutely has a reputation of being a dirty player around the high school ranks. I have personally seen him play 3 times in high school and each game he was involved in a dirty play.

Just my two cents but from what I seen in those games he reminds me of Grayson Allen type player who is playing on the edge all the time. At times, there is nothing wrong with that because he is a tough kid that plays hard. But he does cross the line on occasion.

First, I will start off by saying I clearly wanted Carmody at Pitt. He is a really good player.

In saying that, he absolutely has a reputation of being a dirty player around the high school ranks. I have personally seen him play 3 times in high school and each game he was involved in a dirty play.

Just my two cents but from what I seen in those games he reminds me of Grayson Allen type player who is playing on the edge all the time. At times, there is nothing wrong with that because he is a tough kid that plays hard. But he does cross the line on occasion.

Different from what you posted before, but this amended version is reasonable enough.

Huh? What did I post before?

I apologize - since you replied I thought you were this poster.

h2p012 said:
honestly, after hearing about and watching his dirty play, don't really want him. Not the kind of guy that I would want on my team.

I apologize - since you replied I thought you were this poster.

h2p012 said:
honestly, after hearing about and watching his dirty play, don't really want him. Not the kind of guy that I would want on my team.

LOL, no worries... I was thinking maybe I posted thoughts about someone else in the wrong thread or something. Haha.

Reactions: Jeffburgh
We whiffed on a rated recruit other programs wanted?
How unusual

Pitt was never an option for him really. He wanted to get away from the start.

We are off to a decent start in 18 and seem to be in a good spot with a few other kids. Hopefully we can land a few of them.

Pitt is recruiting quantity, no focus on quality. Of every recruit we have signed, none are really ready to play ACC basketball. We're just going to throw them in there and hope they can float for a while. That's the sense I get about the state of Pitt basketball right now.

For 2018, what top 25 and top 50 players are we going after?

Pitt is recruiting quantity, no focus on quality. Of every recruit we have signed, none are really ready to play ACC basketball. We're just going to throw them in there and hope they can float for a while. That's the sense I get about the state of Pitt basketball right now.

Your astuteness is profound. Tell me, what major world city are you writing us from today?

Reactions: NCanton Panther

This time last year Stallings was recruiting nearly a dozen top 50 to 125 type guys, seemed to be in serious contention for a handful of them and whiffed on all of them until he reeled in Carr.

As things wore on last summer he started to cast a wider and wider net. Missed on a lot of Plan B types. They got Brown a littler earlier in the process and I think they legitimately considered him a Plan A guy. Him Thompson and Carr were probably the Plan As. Of course, Thompson bolted.

JWF was a guy they had on the back burner a bit, but when they missed on a string of fairly well regarded wings they reeled him in. He was actually a pretty highly regarded prep before his grades (I think) derailed him.

Him and Stevens are fairly talented guys. IMO, Brown, Carr, and those two are guys who have top 100 talent, but issues like Carr blowing his knee out. But, what makes a kid top 100 is having that talent, without the red flags or issues.

Peace and Davis appear to have some talent, but are obvious flyers.

Stewart is a pretty nice pickup.

Golden is a solid three star type, not a cornerstone guy, but someone who reasonably projects to possibly being a solid starter.

IMO:

1) For whatever criticisms we might have, Stallings definitely is working at it and turning over every possible stone.

2) Stallings seems to have a good eye, particularly last year this time, he was first in on a lot of kids who ended up getting offers from a lot of equal and even better programs. He was first or really early in on two big men that North Carolina ended up taking.

3) He had a real hard time closing last cycle and seemed to have a few slips at times.

4) He is getting really good reviews from players about how well organized their visits have been and how well organized the staff and their plan for the players is. I believe this if reflective of his staff retool. Ballard seemed like a solid pickup, but he just might not have been a great fit. And, his right hand man was not adding enough.

Now, it seems that has the set up he wants/needs, with some hungry, younger guys who seem to be herding the players toward him better.

We will see, but that is the hope.

This time last year Stallings was recruiting nearly a dozen top 50 to 125 type guys, seemed to be in serious contention for a handful of them and whiffed on all of them until he reeled in Carr.

As things wore on last summer he started to cast a wider and wider net. Missed on a lot of Plan B types. They got Brown a littler earlier in the process and I think they legitimately considered him a Plan A guy. Him Thompson and Carr were probably the Plan As. Of course, Thompson bolted.

JWF was a guy they had on the back burner a bit, but when they missed on a string of fairly well regarded wings they reeled him in. He was actually a pretty highly regarded prep before his grades (I think) derailed him.

Him and Stevens are fairly talented guys. IMO, Brown, Carr, and those two are guys who have top 100 talent, but issues like Carr blowing his knee out. But, what makes a kid top 100 is having that talent, without the red flags or issues.

Peace and Davis appear to have some talent, but are obvious flyers.

Stewart is a pretty nice pickup.

Golden is a solid three star type, not a cornerstone guy, but someone who reasonably projects to possibly being a solid starter.

IMO:

1) For whatever criticisms we might have, Stallings definitely is working at it and turning over every possible stone.

2) Stallings seems to have a good eye, particularly last year this time, he was first in on a lot of kids who ended up getting offers from a lot of equal and even better programs. He was first or really early in on two big men that North Carolina ended up taking.

3) He had a real hard time closing last cycle and seemed to have a few slips at times.

4) He is getting really good reviews from players about how well organized their visits have been and how well organized the staff and their plan for the players is. I believe this if reflective of his staff retool. Ballard seemed like a solid pickup, but he just might not have been a great fit. And, his right hand man was not adding enough.

Now, it seems that has the set up he wants/needs, with some hungry, younger guys who seem to be herding the players toward him better.

We will see, but that is the hope.
Good post Jeffburgh, appreciate the perspective.

Reactions: Jeffburgh
The campus is amazing, the basketball arena is really nice after the renovations, and he fits the mold of ND star hooper perfectly.......good for him, really sux for us for the next 4 years.

ADVERTISEMENT