ADVERTISEMENT

Carrick shuts down its football season

Is football pay to play nowadays? That could be a big factor too.

It would take a rule change but why not follow the NFL example in WW2 (Steagles) and let 2, or 3, schools combine players to form a team?

I know you’re not talking about me but while most districts are not required to find those seniors another team they will most likely be very compliant as a means of preventing potential lawsuits. It sounds extremely frivolous but lawyers and judges alike often will go to bat for a kid against the “big bad school district.”

I know you’re not talking about me but while most districts are not required to find those seniors another team they will most likely be very compliant as a means of preventing potential lawsuits. It sounds extremely frivolous but lawyers and judges alike often will go to bat for a kid against the “big bad school district.”

I'm certain he's referring to a certain Margaritaville fan who likes to spin up anything political.

Reactions: Jakey_John

I'm certain he's referring to a certain Margaritaville fan who likes to spin up anything political.

He has been curled up in his safe space all week:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sf...onal-Sports-Facility-locker-room-13264185.php

Reactions: pittdan77

Of course not. You had already weighed in before I had even seen this thread.

if there was someone worth recruiting on such a bad team he'd have stood out by now and the cancellation won't be a big deal

Sad to read. May be a pay to pay issue, I heard rumors my HS now has to pay when I played 2003-2006 everything was free and then some. But last game I attended I heard kids had to play. We are 2A Southmoreland. Also with this convo topic, I do believe a year back or so not sure if still true, Geibel Catholic kids were being bused over to SHS after school to be part of our football team. Considering Geibel is in Connellsville they may be part of them now not sure

Reactions: dirge999
Why were they even allowed to start the season with only 18 players? Over the course of season you’re going to have injuries and bad grades keeping some kids from playing, starting with 18 you put yourself in a position to shutdown the team during the season.

I know you’re not talking about me but while most districts are not required to find those seniors another team they will most likely be very compliant as a means of preventing potential lawsuits.

It is waaaaaaaaaay too late to find those seniors another team. These co-op agreements have to be in place long before the school year starts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT