ADVERTISEMENT

CBS Friday Five: The Most Explosive Players In College Football Heading Into 2017, Guess Who? LINK!!

CaptainSidneyReilly

Chancellor
Dec 25, 2006
Once again, Pitt is up against Two of the Best Most Explosive Players in 2017 with Pitt's Own Dynamite Quadree in Between. Hope Pitt Athletics Campaigns for "Henderson Heisman" Voting as well,. Heather should be doing that more than just Re-Decorating and it that kind of Pitt Promotion that actually shows Pitt Progress in Re-Building the Pitt Football Program, get a Clue Heather.....it si not about you....but the Players and Coaches.
Excerpts;
These guys set off fireworks every Saturday during the season:
2. Quadree Henderson, Pittsburgh
One of my favorite players to watch, Quadree Henderson, gets things done in a variety of ways. He's not large -- he's listed at 5-foot-8 and 190 pounds on Pitt's website, and even that might be generous -- but he comes up huge on the field. Henderson is just one of those players that is a threat to score any time the ball ends up in his hands. He averaged 10.52 yards per rush last season, carrying the ball 60 times and scoring five touchdowns. In the passing game, he caught 26 passes and averaged 11 yards per reception. Then there's his work on special teams. As a punt returner, Henderson averaged 15.75 yards per return. The only two players in the country to average more yards per return were Syracuse' Brisly Estime and Akron's JoJo Natson (USC's Adoree Jackson tied Henderson). As a kick returner, Henderson averaged 30.47 yards per return and scored three touchdowns. That average wasn't the result of just a few returns, either, as Henderson's 30 kick returns ranked 19th in the country last season. No player with more returns than Henderson had a better return average than he did, with only Memphis' Tony Pollard (38 returns, 28.11 yards per) even coming close. Henderson is just a game-breaker, and it's fun just seeing all the ways Pitt figures out how to use him.

1. James Washington, Oklahoma State
I can't help but feel like James Washington gets overlooked a bit too easily in the college football world. The kid has played three whole seasons now, and he's put up some rather ridiculous numbers while doing so. As a freshman, we saw glimpses of Washington's game. He only caught 28 passes, but he averaged 16.29 yards per reception and scored six touchdowns. The signs were certainly there, and he's delivered on the promise the last two seasons. Since the start of the 2015 season, Washington has caught 124 passes for 2,467 yards. Quick, do that math in your head. That's 19.90 yards per reception. Washington is getting nearly 20 yards every single time he catches a pass. He also has 20 receiving touchdowns over the last two years, meaning he scores 16.1 percent of the time that he catches a pass. For a guy that's not just a red zone target, that's an impressive rate........

4. Saquon Barkley, Penn State
Barkley is one of my personal favorites, and there's simply no way I was leaving him off the list. Whether he's in the weight room or on a football field, he has you shaking your head in disbelief at the things he does. He's capable of breaking a big play in the run game, return game or as a receiver, and barring any injuries, he's a name that will be in the Heisman discussion all season long. What makes Barkley even scarier is that, as explosive as he's been in his first two seasons, he was playing behind an offensive line that wasn't great. While I don't know how good the Penn State line is going to be in 2017, it should be the best one Barkley's worked behind in his college career, which might mean he's about to take things to another level.

LINK:
http://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...layers-in-college-football-heading-into-2017/

Last edited:
Pitt doesn't get it as a school. She was hired for the reasons you feel opposite about. I accepted this when Smiley was hired part 2 , and I'm no longer disappointed, screw up after screw up

Reactions: CaptainSidneyReilly
W
I can't refute it, Rebuilding Pitt Football has been done a number of times, but Pitt can only blame Pitt for not maintaining it.

Why I admire USC, ND, BAMA, OU, UTEXAS, OHIO STATE, MICHIGAN, FSU, CLEMSON, KSU, FLORIDA, and Penn State Joe Paterno when it comes to Building a Top 25 Programs.

They all knew the importance to build, re-build and even sustain Winning while on Sanctions for some, and others without them but had many people come and go and still remain a Top 25 program.

The Universities that commit to it, do benefit and are richer to keep doing it as they maintain it, and easier to attract, find, and keep Coaches there with stability and salaries.

Pitt Does Not Do It and when it attempts to do it, they hire the Wrong People and can't keep the Better ones.

PITT IS IT But Is Rebuilding Again, And So Little Done And So Much More To Do, and Nike Pitt Uniforms and Logos every new game, won't bring more or better Recruits, only Great Coaching that Wins does that anywhere.!

Heather Lyke Vice likes being an Athletic Decorator right now with a Pitt Athletic Directors Title & Overpaid Salary and looking for New Ways to Spend Pitt Money on Consultants just like Pederson & Barnes that never built a Top 25 Program nor maintain a Top 25 Program at Nebraska, like Pederson proved!

Eastern Michigan proved that too, when Heather learns to raise more Money and supports Coach Pat New Hires with proper Salaries as well as makes New Plans to build New Facilities at Pitt working on finding Sponsors, like they did at Oregon, maybe Heather can stay at Pitt and Do It!

Top 25 Winning requires Great Coaching and the Green that keep it, not redresses it!
Was Heather on the grassy knoll too? Maybe she was Amelia Earhart's mechanic. Rumor has it she flew on the Hindenburg. Reliable reports have her sitting next to Paul Evans when Goheen sunk us. I can't prove it, but I'm certain she was a flight attendant on Jackie Sherill's flight to Texas.
Common Captain....give it a rest.

Reactions: ncpittfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT