ADVERTISEMENT

Changes to make NOW

buckage

Redshirt
Jun 14, 2013
I hope these are realistic changes we could make now...

1. Buh-bye Briggs. No more passes for upper classmen. If we are gonna lose, lose with the young guys.

2. Replace Christodoulou. He may have it next year, but he does not have it now.

3. Don't be afraid to sit Kenny when he makes multiple mistakes. Coach him up on the sidelines.

4. Find a new play caller. You can't fire the OC now, but you can take away his responsibilities.

5. Time to pass the defensive play calling on to the DC.

6. Play as many DBs as you can. Stop asking linebackers to cover WRs.

I’d sit Briggs Zeise Hendricks and lopes.

Got to more three and four wR sets and actually make an attempt to use the middle of the field in the passing game

Use more RPO with Picket. You have a mobile QB but rarely use the threat of his running ability

Use more nickel packages

Twyman and Wheeler need more PT. We heard so much about Morgan so get him PT.

Take your lumps with Ford and put him at safely.

In the off-season fire both cooridantors and hire young guys who are aggressive

Move Mathews to defense today. The kid is an athlete and football player, that is not a WR.

Reactions: cpc247
They scored 5 offensive touchdowns today with the QB being erratic throwing the ball.

1. Buh-bye Briggs. No more passes for upper classmen. If we are gonna lose, lose with the young guys.

2. Replace Christodoulou. He may have it next year, but he does not have it now.

3. Don't be afraid to sit Kenny when he makes multiple mistakes. Coach him up on the sidelines.

4. Find a new play caller. You can't fire the OC now, but you can take away his responsibilities.

Last edited:
I’d sit Briggs Zeise Hendricks and lopes.

Got to more three and four wR sets and actually make an attempt to use the middle of the field in the passing game

Use more RPO with Picket. You have a mobile QB but rarely use the threat of his running ability

Use more nickel packages

Twyman and Wheeler need more PT. We heard so much about Morgan so get him PT.

Take your lumps with Ford and put him at safely.

In the off-season fire both cooridantors and hire young guys who are aggressive

Agree, agree and more agree.

Sit the Srs doing nothing especially Briggs, Ziese and Hendrix

Yes use the middle of the field plus RPO w Pickett. And we have to throw deep as it will open up the short passes and run game.

Please more nickel. Yes Ford got beat bad and our S play is poor but the deepest position on D is at corner. Jackson is a player. Mathis and Pinnock have the tools. Motley is solid. Why the hell cant Coleman get on the field as he showed promise last year. In today’s game you need more DB’s to match up with slot guys instead of guys like Ziese at LB.

Twyman yes and agree give Morgan a shot. Jones should start and get most of the PT opposite of Weaver.

As stated fire the OC and DC. Yes to OC but will it make a difference since DC just runs PN’s D. Hire a DC that can game plan for today’s O. Actual game plan! PN let someone else run the D. This is not the Big 10

I saw two plays by Ford today, not sure he is ready .
Can he redshirt again ? yikes.

You can't blame him for UNC getting Briggs to pick him on that TD. Except they didn't. Briggs is so poorly coached... he just stands there in the middle of the field totally oblivious to what is going on around him and so unaware of the situation he takes a step to the left he would impede the UNC receiver. Instead... he waits for the receiver to pass and then steps to the left running into Ford.

Senior leadership on display. Maybe he took the points?

Nobody has mentioned the awful pass protection on the line as a unit. Failed all season. Dintino and Herndon havent been very good

Yep the OL is solid in run game but real bad in pass protection. This is a big reason KP has happy feet because he knows he has no time. If it were not for his ability to scramble the OL would have given up lots more sacks.

Time to sit older guys like our Sr G’s and play the young guys who hopefully have more upside. If we are going to loose I would rather the young guys get experience.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
He isn’t a good WR. That’s for sure. What makes you think he would excel on defense? He isn’t fast enough for DB or even LB.

He is plenty fast for OLB and he has toughness, something too many on D lack. The problem is he is already a junior and it is not like this staff could coach him up there.

They were horrendous in pass protection, the line needs shaken up badly. Bookser needs to be at guard, I’d feel better with huoy at tackle than with both those guys at guard.

I have been saying this since Albany game.

Reactions: Pittx9
He is plenty fast for OLB and he has toughness, something too many on D lack. The problem is he is already a junior and it is not like this staff could coach him up there.

I have been saying this since Albany game.
He probably runs about 4.8 or so in the forty. He isn’t that fast and gets little separation. Adding weight and moving to TE is his best option if he wants to stay on offense or DE if you want to move him to defense.

Good OP.

- Not saying Briggs is great, but did you watch Ford play the last 2 games (penalties and blow byes)

-Agree or try to rugby style punt to give everyone more time to get down field and more time to get the punt off.

- I agree he needs to be treated different, less baby steps more trial by fire, let him learn how to make plays down field. Also let him run on purpose.
-I'd say find a new special teams coordinator. No team is great starting at their own 5 every play.
-Agree don't know how it looks on the inside, but change needs to happen.

-Dane great.
-Montley and mathis average.
-Pinnock, Briggs, Hamlin, Ford haven't played well.

Nobody has mentioned the awful pass protection on the line as a unit. Failed all season. Dintino and Herndon havent been very good
if our under classmen on the O line aren't any better than we have out there right now then we are in trouble for next year and years to come. Playing to many RS seniors.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT