ADVERTISEMENT

Charles Reeves TE dismissed from team today

What was the reason?

Violation of team rules, so we will probably never know. With 85 guys you will always have someone screw up. But PN has made it clear he will have discipline in his program. Last year he kicked 2 potential Sr. Starters off the team, suspended Wriginis for the year and Whitehead was suspended.

ouch, this hurts.

Should say, potentially hurts

Yes Potentially as we will never know how he would have turned out. But he did have the physical tools. Big, strong, could run well etc. Thought he could have been our best downfield threat at TE or even a potential OT. But we will never know.

Hopefully Gragg can step in and live up to his potential.

Violation of team rules, so we will probably never know. With 85 guys you will always have someone screw up. But PN has made it clear he will have discipline in his program. Last year he kicked 2 potential Sr. Starters off the team, suspended Wriginis for the year and Whitehead was suspended.
Wirginis was suspended 3 games, not season, but your point is correct; consistency in enforcing rules is key and should be applauded.

I stand corrected, my mistake. Yes 3 games then he got injured.

Maybe there's a correlation between being a 4* recruit and being dumb. I doubt it because there are a ton of lower star level recruits that are just as dumb or dumber. But it makes you wonder what the heck these morons are thinking.

Maybe there's a correlation between being a 4* recruit and being dumb. I doubt it because there are a ton of lower star level recruits that are just as dumb or dumber. But it makes you wonder what the heck these morons are thinking.
Not that there’s any correlation and I don’t mean to generalize these kids as a group as I don’t know if reeves even fits this mold. But I’ve seen countless HS athletes that were stars at their school, big man on campus, etc. Even more so in small towns, they get away with everrrrrrrrything.

They usually don’t believe you the first time you tell them this ain’t HS and you will face consequences. A lot of college athletes getting in trouble though, I’m sure if you asked their friends back home they’d tell you they did the same dumb things but just happened to get away with it.

It is pretty dumb. All you have to do is work hard and stay out of trouble. The first of those two should be the tougher part because there are always guys who are gonna want to outwork you. Also, as we always see in sports, some guys talent level isn't worth the trouble. However, I hope Reeves lands on his feet and can get things turned around.

He appeared to be an incredible talent and I thought had a bright future ahead of him between the lines. It’s a shame, but for his sake, I hope he goes to a small school and can turn his life/career around.

Next man up.

Did not see incredible talent in spring game. Seemed to lack any quickness or aggressiveness. Maybe he was injured. Maybe he would have come around eventually...

Go Pitt!

He appeared to be an incredible talent and I thought had a bright future ahead of him between the lines. It’s a shame, but for his sake, I hope he goes to a small school and can turn his life/career around.

Next man up.

If he was an incredible talent he probably would have been suspended for the first three games.

Reactions: NJPSU
Did not see incredible talent in spring game. Seemed to lack any quickness or aggressiveness. Maybe he was injured. Maybe he would have come around eventually...

Go Pitt!

At 285lbs (or more) this kid wasn't going to make an impact at TE...

Yes Potentially as we will never know how he would have turned out. But he did have the physical tools. Big, strong, could run well etc. Thought he could have been our best downfield threat at TE or even a potential OT. But we will never know.

Hopefully Gragg can step in and live up to his potential.

Great opportunity for Gragg and others to play. I think Gragg was one of the Top Rated TE recruits in the Nation when he came out of high school.

Posting big time numbers will certainly help his chances of getting a look from the NFL.

NFL pays millions, one persons mistake is another persons opportunity.

When the PPG mentioned other replacements, they didn't mention Chris Clarke.
Assume he is still playing the TE position.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Last edited:
I think there is a reason certain 4 stars choose Pitt over blue bloods. Pitt is desperate enough to take a 4 star with more question marks.

Not that there’s any correlation and I don’t mean to generalize these kids as a group as I don’t know if reeves even fits this mold. But I’ve seen countless HS athletes that were stars at their school, big man on campus, etc. Even more so in small towns, they get away with everrrrrrrrything.

They usually don’t believe you the first time you tell them this ain’t HS and you will face consequences. A lot of college athletes getting in trouble though, I’m sure if you asked their friends back home they’d tell you they did the same dumb things but just happened to get away with it.

Very true. They always have gotten away with everything, as you said. All of a sudden, someone makes them accountable and they can't handle it.

I think there is a reason certain 4 stars choose Pitt over blue bloods. Pitt is desperate enough to take a 4 star with more question marks.

Wow. Do you think Reeves chose Pitt or vice versa because they were 'desperate'? I don't think Narduzzi or staff thinks that way. And, some guys don't choose 'blue bloods' because of better opportunities elsewhere.

Yeah, if there's any correlation, and I'm not sure there is, it's among programs that are perhaps willing to take a chance because they don't have as many options.
West Virginia is notorious for taking 4* kids that have borderline grades or personal baggage that causes other programs to back off. Why? Because those are about the only 4* kids they can land out of high school.

Wow. Do you think Reeves chose Pitt or vice versa because they were 'desperate'? I don't think Narduzzi or staff thinks that way. And, some guys don't choose 'blue bloods' because of better opportunities elsewhere.

Both things can be true.
1. Do some 4* kids just not go to blue bloods because they don't want to? Absolutely.
2. If there is correlation between some 4* players and stupid behavior, where would you most likely find it? Probably with 4* kids whose stupid behavior caused major programs to back off, resulting them ending up in lower tier programs.

It doesn't matter if he doesn't win.
I played football with a current Pitt player's dad when I was in college.One of their verbals is from my home town.Everybody you talk to says Pat doesn't play around.It is his way or the highway.He stresses tough,disciplined kids.I heard nothing but good things about Coach.He is very straight forward.

He may laying down the law, but let's be real here. Bookser's punishment was marginal. It's easy to lay down the law when it isn't going to hurt you on the field immediately.
Jordan Whitehead was suspended and he was one of their best players.

He may laying down the law, but let's be real here. Bookser's punishment was marginal. It's easy to lay down the law when it isn't going to hurt you on the field immediately.

Reeves may have seen as many snaps as anyone else at TE, which is a thin position to begin with. He also dealt with Whitehead who was supposed to be our star. Narduzzi is serious about discipline and that is one thing you can't criticize him on.

That hurts. One of our top recruits in that class and a guy with real upside at a thin position.
I agree. This sort of thing is happening to us every year. I know the problem is not just with our team. That said, it always seems to affect our top recruits, or guys projected to be important to the team's success in a given season. We just don't get enough four star recruits to have them not pan out on the field, or even worse, dismissed from the team for good. If we are ever going to compete for the coastal, this trend will have to end.

Well, it kinda does matter even if he doesn’t win.

That mentality resides in State College.
No. He won't be employed, if he doesn't win.

Jordan Whitehead was suspended and he was one of their best players.
Reeves may have seen as many snaps as anyone else at TE, which is a thin position to begin with. He also dealt with Whitehead who was supposed to be our star. Narduzzi is serious about discipline and that is one thing you can't criticize him on.
Whitehead was an automatic suspension, so it wasn't a choice.

I played football with a current Pitt player's dad when I was in college.One of their verbals is from my home town.Everybody you talk to says Pat doesn't play around.It is his way or the highway.He stresses tough,disciplined kids.I heard nothing but good things about Coach.He is very straight forward.
Ok. Cool. If he doesn't win, it doesn't matter.

Another 4 Star bites the dust. Narduzzi is not having much luck getting his monies worth from those few 4 stars he's recruited.
the retention of players in general is a bit of a problem. If you aren't going to have top 25 classes one of the best ways to get top 25 talent is keeping the kids you got at a high rate.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT