ADVERTISEMENT

Chawntez Moss...

JohnnyGossamer

Head Coach
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2010
...what's the story? He appeared the most complete back on the roster not named James Conner last season. Yesterday, he didn't get a single carry or ever even appear on the field. Is he injured? Is it discipline? Was he simply demoted?

Last edited:
He doesn't practice well? Ollison is the only back on the roster that has done anything on the field. Davis has a chance to get a lot more carries as the season goes on.

I've been saying all summer that our running game is going to take a step back this year. Especially without much of a threat of a passing game.

He doesn't practice well? Ollison is the only back on the roster that has done anything on the field. Davis has a chance to get a lot more carries as the season goes on.

I've been saying all summer that our running game is going to take a step back this year. Especially without much of a threat of a passing game.

my guess.....he's either injured, suspended, or being disciplined. No way Davis has his
RS lifted in game one because he's outplaying Moss at practice at this point of the season.
Nards, wouldn't answer the question when asked, that's what leads me to believe what
I said.....of the three possibilities, I'd guess injury.

Reactions: paulbl99
Scooter accident? Lol.

So, coming off an injury. That makes the most sense.

He and Davis have the most upside of the RB.

If he's truly injured, that's a shame. Between he, Ollison and Hall, he was easily most elusive. He blocked well last season too. Admittedly, going into the season, I was convinced he'd be the starting RB and be spelled by Ollison with either Davis or Sibley getting some carries as well.

Injuries - Moss, Aston, Tipton - and suspensions/dismissals - Whitehead, Wirginis, Bookser, Taleni, Blair - have been a real drag.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeffburgh
Tipton was riding his bike and a car came at him so he jumped off and got hurt.
Great. Two different fools risking their potential livelihoods with dangerous recreational escapades. They should heed Howard Sterns advice: Stay in your rooms and do nothing. I'd add that they could smoke pot if they got bored doing that... But not in our program, they can't.

Here's what bothers me about these guys with the non football injuries.
Both our kids who are in the area of 30 yrs old now played football and wrestled in HS.

One was on a PA State Championship wrestling team which was in the top five in the nation.

Kids who participated in both programs had to "give up" some of the non football/wrestling activities or risk the rath ( which means you might not play or wrestle) of the coaching staffs.

So I'm surprised kids playing football for a D1 college team and could play in the NFL one day haven't been given a similar message??

Great. Two different fools risking their potential livelihoods with dangerous recreational escapades. They should heed Howard Sterns advice: Stay in your rooms and do nothing. I'd add that they could smoke pot if they got bored doing that... But not in our program, they can't.
Dude, Tipton was just riding his F'in bike for chrissakes.

Son, come to Pitt to play ball, where we won't even let you ride your bike to get around.

Reactions: JohnnyGossamer
Dude, Tipton was just riding his F'in bike for chrissakes.

Son, come to Pitt to play ball, where we won't even let you ride your bike to get around.
Bah. He gets plenty of outdoor recreation playing ball (emphasis on PLAYING). Downtime is what video games and Netflix and strip clubs were created for.

my guess.....he's either injured, suspended, or being disciplined. No way Davis has his
RS lifted in game one because he's outplaying Moss at practice at this point of the season.
Nards, wouldn't answer the question when asked, that's what leads me to believe what
I said.....of the three possibilities, I'd guess injury.
You got that right.
And the Secret Police of the Souside ain't gonna breathe a word.

But I'd figure you're spot on...

Here's what bothers me about these guys with the non football injuries.
Both our kids who are in the area of 30 yrs old now played football and wrestled in HS.

One was on a PA State Championship wrestling team which was in the top five in the nation.

Kids who participated in both programs had to "give up" some of the non football/wrestling activities or risk the rath ( which means you might not play or wrestle) of the coaching staffs.

So I'm surprised kids playing football for a D1 college team and could play in the NFL one day haven't been given a similar message??
Dam straight. If we're gonna shackle these guys from smoking weed, which the State itself now claims is HEALTHY, why aren't we protecting them from dangerous physical mayhem! JUST SAY NO TO VESPAS!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT