ADVERTISEMENT

Chelsea Football Club

Allan McMurray

Junior
Gold Member
Oct 10, 2022
What say you @Fk_Pitt about your Blues? Is it quite possible this turn for the worse started once the British Empire forced Abramovich to sell?

What say you @Fk_Pitt about your Blues? Is it quite possible this turn for the worse started once the British Empire forced Abramovich to sell?
You know, I think I the governments of the world are all corrupt and I hate politicians. Yes I think the British government ruined Chelsea FC. But who knows what this will mean long term. The American owner is trying to build something that’s sustainable and it’s going to take some time. So we shall see. It’s just very difficult right now. But when essentially your starting 11 are all injured, it makes it look and feel worse than it really is. But the American owner fired all the medical people at the club and brought in his own…and this is what we get.

I had a real special day with my father the day Chelsea won champions league 1.5 years ago and it’s been all downhill from there. But at least I will always have that day to cherish. My 80 year old father never watched a soccer game before that day, but he’s been hooked ever since. He watches more than I do. Lol. He’s a chelsea fan and I think he watched every single World Cup match. No lie. That’s pretty impressive.

Reactions: zookeeper2000
Everton lost 2-1 to bottom of the table Southampton. After the match, they said that thousands of Everton supporters remained even though the Board wasn’t there.

I am old enough to remember when Everton was better than Liverpool. Now, they have become like the Espanyol to Barcelona’s Barca.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Someone has to reexplain the offsides rule to me. Today, Bruno Fernandes scored the tying goal for Man U against Man City in the 79th minute. He was a yard offside when the pass to him was made. Yet, the asst. referee didn’t raise the flag and VAR said it was a good goal. The announcers said he didn’t interfere with a defender or the GK. How does that matter if he clearly was a yard offside?

On Thursday, Barcelona had two goals nullified by offsides in the buildup. One player’s boot was maybe 3” offside on the first goal. On the second, Lewandowski was onside as was the passer when he received the pass, but Ferran Torres was maybe 9” offside on the pass before that.They have fully automated VAR at that stadium in Saudi Arabia, so the overrule was automatic. I don’t believe a human official would have ruled offside because a leg sticking up in the air was 3” ahead of the defender.

I don’t understand how Fernandes’ goal can stand unless the ball was passed to him by a defender. If it was, no one said that.

My take on Chelsea: The problem with the American owner is that he thinks he is qualified to run the entire operation, from medical staff to player evaluation. His signings have thus far been mainly horrible. He overpaid for the Felix loan, and Felix is just another winger on a team full of wingers but lacking a #9.

Someone has to reexplain the offsides rule to me. Today, Bruno Fernandes scored the tying goal for Man U against Man City in the 79th minute. He was a yard offside when the pass to him was made. Yet, the asst. referee didn’t raise the flag and VAR said it was a good goal. The announcers said he didn’t interfere with a defender or the GK. How does that matter if he clearly was a yard offside?

On Thursday, Barcelona had two goals nullified by offsides in the buildup. One player’s boot was maybe 3” offside on the first goal. On the second, Lewandowski was onside as was the passer when he received the pass, but Ferran Torres was maybe 9” offside on the pass before that.They have fully automated VAR at that stadium in Saudi Arabia, so the overrule was automatic. I don’t believe a human official would have ruled offside because a leg sticking up in the air was 3” ahead of the defender.

I don’t understand how Fernandes’ goal can stand unless the ball was passed to him by a defender. If it was, no one said that.
I agree with you. I don’t know how that goal could stand. However, Fernandes wasn’t the offside player, it was Rashford who was in an offside position. The ball was played to rashford and he kept the ball between his feet for 3-4 strides and never touched it. The back line had to play rashford, which allowed Bruno to step in and take the shot and score. Awful call IMO but it’s a subjective rule and the referee position is it was the correct call by the letter of the law. But I don’t see it that way. Which means the law is flawed and needs re-worded.

My take on Chelsea: The problem with the American owner is that he thinks he is qualified to run the entire operation, from medical staff to player evaluation. His signings have thus far been mainly horrible. He overpaid for the Felix loan, and Felix is just another winger on a team full of wingers but lacking a #9.
Yeah he should have left the football people in place. He doesn’t appear to know what he’s doing. Even the players he didn’t get, like Raphina, aren’t good enough. I like the Felix move though. But what we need are midfielders. That’s are problem. Look how United was transformed by Eriksen and Casimero.

I agree with you. I don’t know how that goal could stand. However, Fernandes wasn’t the offside player, it was Rashford who was in an offside position. The ball was played to rashford and he kept the ball between his feet for 3-4 strides and never touched it. The back line had to play rashford, which allowed Bruno to step in and take the shot and score. Awful call IMO but it’s a subjective rule and the referee position is it was the correct call by the letter of the law. But I don’t see it that way. Which means the law is flawed and needs re-worded.
Rashford was 100% involved in that goal and impacted the reaction from the defense. To me, as it was always treated back in the day, if you made an attempt to play a ball even if not touched you were offsides. He made a direct run at the ball and was an inch from plying it. Bruno had a great run and really could have gotten to it, but it caused enough issues for an already poorly defensive team today. MC back line especially the right side was horrible today.

Rashford was 100% involved in that goal and impacted the reaction from the defense. To me, as it was always treated back in the day, if you made an attempt to play a ball even if not touched you were offsides. He made a direct run at the ball and was an inch from plying it. Bruno had a great run and really could have gotten to it, but it caused enough issues for an already poorly defensive team today. MC back line especially the right side was horrible today.
United back to getting United calls and breaks.

Reactions: mike412
After the game Pep said something along the lines of the only place where that's not called off sides is in this stadium for this team.
Yep. I thought the same thing in that moment. Which is why is still find myself rooting for the team in that match that represents everything that’s wrong in the game

I even thought the 2nd goal was worthy a VAR review. Not saying Rashford was offside but it had to be tight and no one even mentioned it. Those were the types of goals overturned left and right in the World Cup.

@pitt90seven

I’m hearing chants I’ve never heard before at the Bridge. Wondering if it’s the Palace section. Do the Palace fans use the one that the American outlaws use?

Btw, I’m a sucker for whites. This Palace kit is sharp.

Chelsea with another U23 starting 11 out there. Lol. Where’s my club!!

@pitt90seven

I’m hearing chants I’ve never heard before at the Bridge. Wondering if it’s the Palace section. Do the Palace fans use the one that the American outlaws use?

Love the palace kit. Has an old school feel with modern graphic.

Chelsea with another U23 starting 11 out there. Lol. Where’s my club!!
I have to watch on Spanish channel. Doesn’t seem to be on English channels. Unless I missed it on peacock.
Update, now appearing on USA. YouTube tv sometimes does some annoying things with displaying upcoming games.

I have to watch on Spanish channel. Doesn’t seem to be on English channels. Unless I missed it on peacock.
Update, now appearing on USA. YouTube tv sometimes does some annoying things with displaying upcoming games.
First thing I do every Saturday and Sunday morning is turn on USA. If there’s not a game on, I go to Peacock.

I’m a Patrick Viera fan. Let’s see how this tactical switch helps, and if Potter can counter. At this point I’m not sure what Potter brings. It’s too difficult to judge him because of all the injuries and different lineups every match. But right now, it seems to me Potter is too nice to manage players at a club like Chelsea.

Everton lost 2-1 to bottom of the table Southampton. After the match, they said that thousands of Everton supporters remained even though the Board wasn’t there.

I am old enough to remember when Everton was better than Liverpool. Now, they have become like the Espanyol to Barcelona’s Barca.

once again, you see the idiocy of hiring a manager who failed with MORE resources. if a manager fails at Chelsea and all they have, why in the world would a club with less resources think he's going to be good for them?

@pitt90seven

yeah I like the whites. which chant? I couldn't hear it. was it the, "we're palace, we're palace, we're palace...and that's the way we like, we like, we like it. o-oh-o-oh-ohhhhh."

once again, you see the idiocy of hiring a manager who failed with MORE resources. if a manager fails at Chelsea and all they have, why in the world would a club with less resources think he's going to be good for them?

yeah I like the whites. which chant? I couldn't hear it. was it the, "we're palace, we're palace, we're palace...and that's the way we like, we like, we like it. o-oh-o-oh-ohhhhh."
Yeah the we like it we like we like it and where you go we follow we follow, and we support the US, the Us, the US woah oh oh oh ohhhhhh

Mike you were spot on. My guy Neil Barnett from Sirius XM who we were talking about earlier in the week.

yeah that's it.
Seems like the palace visiting end thinks Kepa is a “fvcking wanker”.

I gotta admit, there are some English football terms that I cringe over when Americans use them. But “fvcking wanker” is one I’d always be ok with. Lol. And it’s most effective when accompanied with the hand/wrist action.

Reactions: pitt90seven

Here is a good explanation. I don’t like it, but nonetheless here’s the rationale.

Seems like the palace visiting end thinks Kepa is a “fvcking wanker”.

I gotta admit, there are some English football terms that I cringe over when Americans use them. But “fvcking wanker” is one I’d always be ok with. Lol. And it’s most effective when accompanied with the hand/wrist action.

I saw that. didn't see any context or if it was just random abuse.

####ing wanker is a good one. I also appreciate their liberal use of the C word, which is just not allowed here. I may move there just for that reason alone.

• Haha
This explains my thought perfectly

That's why CBS's referee mouthpiece is wrong. A player most certainly does not have to touch the ball to be offsides. We have all seen numerous plays in various leagues where a guy does not play the ball but is called for being offsides because he was in the play.

The notion that Rashford wasn't a part of the play is batshit crazy. Of course he was, and that is true whether he touched the ball or not.

Here's an example. In this link

Brighton v Liverpool

the Liverpool player, Trent Alexander Arnold, is ruled offside. He is sort of chasing after the ball towards the corner, but he has not played it and he pretty obviously is not going to play it. If he is offsides on this play, then how on earth is Rashford not offsides on his play?

So yesterday, Chelsea swooped in at the last minute and signed this guy on a huge deal

This deal probably means Pulisic will be gone this window (difficult with injury) or in the summer, which is a good thing in my opinion.

But what’s ironic about this signing is the following:

Chelsea indirectly funding the Ukrainian resistance with the Mudryk deal is a pretty remarkable postscript to the end of the Abramovich era. Wondering if this was discussed in the negotiations, because it was a done deal to Arsenal the day before. It had to be negotiated, given the friendly was already announced.

Last edited:
Totally disagree Rashford caused No issue with the defender or keeper. It was lazy defending and the goal was legit.

Totally disagree Rashford caused No issue with the defender or keeper. It was lazy defending and the goal was legit.
I kinda equate it to Kenny’s slide. Legal by the letter of the law at the time. But it’s a rule that needs to be better defined. The picture above shows that the defensive back line had to organize to defend rashford and the goalkeeper set up differently.

I kinda equate it to Kenny’s slide. Legal by the letter of the law at the time. But it’s a rule that needs to be better defined. The picture above shows that the defensive back line had to organize to defend rashford and the goalkeeper set up differently.
The picture above removing someone from photo? That is not reality. What I saw were defenders who presumed Rashfird was the receiver and knew he was in an offside position and backed off. So that is why the photo looks wonky. I am neither a fan of either one of the Man’s but goal was legit.

Rashford ran onto the ball, followed the ball, and essentially used his body to protect and shield the ball. That is a play on the ball.

Rashford ran onto the ball, followed the ball, and essentially used his body to protect and shield the ball. That is a play on the ball.
The officials didn‘t think so and neither did I on first look and repeated looks. He ran. He ran so far away. He just ran. He ran all night and day.

ADVERTISEMENT