ADVERTISEMENT

Chelsea Football Club

The officials didn‘t think so and neither did I on first look and repeated looks. He ran. He ran so far away. He just ran. He ran all night and day.
Essentially everyone in the world, including most United fans, thought it was the wrong call. Frankly I’m shocked by the consensus opinion that the refs and VAR were wrong.

Akhemetov has had an interesting political history. Before 2014, he was the richest man in Ukraine and was closely tied to both the pro-Russian political parties and the Russian mob in Ukraine, based in Odesa. (The Russian mob controlled area in Brooklyn is called Little Odesa.) But, something happened when Yanukovich ordered his special police to fire on the Maiden protesters in February 2014. He switched sides. After Russian troops took Donetsk in 2014, they headed to Mariupol. Akhemetov’s holdings are principally steel mills and coal mining and the major mills were in Mariupol. They expected to be welcomed there.

There were about 1,000 Russians and Ukrainians who supported them headed to Mariupol. Almost 15,000 steelworkers and coal miners initially armed with picks, shovels and the like, were headed toward them. The mills had been closed by Akhemetov and the supervisors had urged the workers to fight. Along the way, trucks from the mills appeared and passed out hundreds of weapons. Then more trucks appeared ftom Odesa. The pro-Russian mayor of Odesa who also was the leader of the Russian mob, had also changed sides. (His change of heart had occurred a few days earlier when the Russians tried to assassinated him during a parade.) He sent his titushkas ( the soccer hooligans) and hundreds of weapons.

Suddenly, the thousand Russians were facing 15,000 mainly armed steelworkers, coal miners and titushkas. They turned around and headed back to Donetsk city. That is one of the reasons taking Mariupol was so high on the Russian’s list in the February invasion. They were humiliated by what happened in 2014.

I’ve never been there, but Masha says it used to have the most beautiful public buildings and parks in Ukraine. Mainly paid for by Akhemetov. Of course, all now have been destroyed by the Russians. It will take a lot more than $22 Million to rebuild it, but it’s a start.

What I saw were defenders who presumed Rashfird was the receiver and knew he was in an offside position and backed off.

So you admit that Rashford affected the players, and then you say that Rashford's actions had no effect on the play?

Like I said, watch the play from the Liverpool game. TAA was in an offside position and he was running in the same direction as the ball but he clearly was not going to play the ball, he was looking for someone else to get there. And he was called offsides, because he was chasing after the ball. If he was offsides then there can be no doubt that Rashford was also offsides.

The newest report is that Chelsea is buying…yet another winger — from PSV Eindhoven. So now they can start 7 wingers, 3 CBs and a GK.
Yeah. Looks like he will be Ziyechs replacement. Now they have to sell Ziyech.

I’m actually excited about the Ukrainian kid. Apparently he runs like a deer and dribbles like Hazard. If that’s true, he sounds like post lockdown Pulisic who was one of the best attackers in England for that brief amount of time until his leg blew out in the FA Cup Final vs Arsenal.

But we need playmakers in the midfield.

What are you predictions for Pulisic? Where do you see him ending up?
It’s hard to say. I haven’t heard anything now that the injury happened. I know New Castle was sniffing around, as well as Dortmund and a couple Serie A clubs. But now with the injury it looks like he will have to go in the summer. New Castle are looking at other Chelsea players this window. He was getting a run of starts after the World Cup, but now with the injury it’s not an ideal position to be in. Chelsea has brought in wingers and who is going to pay anything for Pulisic this summer when he hasn’t done much over the last year?

It’s hard to say. I haven’t heard anything now that the injury happened. I know New Castle was sniffing around, as well as Dortmund and a couple Serie A clubs. But now with the injury it looks like he will have to go in the summer. New Castle are looking at other Chelsea players this window. He was getting a run of starts after the World Cup, but now with the injury it’s not an ideal position to be in. Chelsea has brought in wingers and who is going to pay anything for Pulisic this summer when he hasn’t done much over the last year?
As long as he stays in Europe. He is too good for MLS and if healthy can be a difference for a team.

As long as he stays in Europe. He is too good for MLS and if healthy can be a difference for a team.
Hell no. He’s not coming to MLS any time soon. He will be in Europe and hopefully for a club where they can put him in one position and let him play there weekly. The only concern is for chelsea, as they aren’t going to get the 50 mil they paid for him. They’re gonna have to sell him at a loss.

0-0 against Liverpool today. What a great win by The Cottagers against them the other week ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT