ADVERTISEMENT

Nike Kits (USA kit update)

Fk_Pitt

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2007
Gratuitous nod to my club, but I love this. The Nike kit is underwhelming, but the annual marketing each year is great. Loved seeing Mount, Pulisic, Chalobah, Havertz, James and Dave ((Azpilicueta) in this. Only Azpilicueta is over the age of 23. And then the Chelsea ladies Millie bright, Mag Eriksson, Lauren James, Fran Kirby, Sam Kerr, and pernille Harder are all looking good.

I’m adding this song to my iTunes. I forgot about this one.

The Nike kit is underwhelming, but the annual marketing each year is great.

The marketing has to be great, because otherwise how would they sell something that is almost exactly the same from one year to the next?

So what, they got a new collar and they put a whale on the shoulder. But they kept the big, stupid looking 3.

The marketing has to be great, because otherwise how would they sell something that is almost exactly the same from one year to the next?

So what, they got a new collar and they put a whale on the shoulder. But they kept the big, stupid looking 3.
The stupid 3 is the worst. I thought it was stupid from the start a couple years ago. I think we have one more year with that sponsorship before there’s a new one. I prefer the Trivago sponsorship on the practice kits.

seriously Nike is the worst. I think puma is the sharpest kit maker, followed by adidas. Chelsea had some nice kits before the switch to Nike.

Ive been to the Bridge and they play these kit videos on the video board before games, at halftime, and after the games. They market the shit out of them.

Arsenal had a kit video yesterday but I wasn’t impressed so didn’t link it. Here’s Man City.

I don’t know about you but I hate the black and red MC kit. I like the PSG kit.
I’m indifferent on this man City kit. Their navy kit last year was the best kit in football. I saw a PSG home kit last week and almost posted it here, as it was the classiest looking jersey I’ve ever seen. But I think it was a fan concept kit, so I didn’t post it. Man it was nice.

Chelsea’s home kit isn’t great at all. Nike isn’t good at this. But I have to say that the Gold FIFA World Champions badge on the front makes it great!

I don’t know about you but I hate the black and red MC kit. I like the PSG kit.
Ok. I take it back. The Jordan away jersey is nice but the kit sucks because the shorts are awful. It’s football and they shouldn’t be wearing basketball shorts. Sorry.

Ok. I take it back. The Jordan away jersey is nice but the kit sucks because the shorts are awful. It’s football and they shouldn’t be wearing basketball shorts. Sorry.

Those shorts ruin the entire look. The Jordan sneakers are perfect. But whoever said those shorts with the dark border were a good idea need to be fired.

USA kits…

Ive been seeing the leaks for a few weeks but have refused to believe them. They are hideous. I’ve been saying for a long time how underwhelming nike have been in general. I can’t completely complain about Nike because I love what they did with our Pitt rebrand. But I can’t believe the biggest outfitter in the world can’t design something better when we’ve been waiting 8 years for a World Cup.

and I’d say it’s just my opinion…but I haven’t seen one positive thing online about the kits, and that includes the players as well. McKennie and Weah are on record dissing them.

The only thing that gives me pause is the white shirt is similar to many training kits that teams are wearing. So I’m holding out hope that the home kits will be different than what has leaked.

USA kits…

Ive been seeing the leaks for a few weeks but have refused to believe them. They are hideous. I’ve been saying for a long time how underwhelming nike have been in general. I can’t completely complain about Nike because I love what they did with our Pitt rebrand. But I can’t believe the biggest outfitter in the world can’t design something better when we’ve been waiting 8 years for a World Cup.

and I’d say it’s just my opinion…but I haven’t seen one positive thing online about the kits, and that includes the players as well. McKennie and Weah are on record dissing them.

The only thing that gives me pause is the white shirt is similar to many training kits that teams are wearing. So I’m holding out hope that the home kits will be different than what has leaked.

It would be incredible (bad) for Nike to make a better aesthetic kit for a college team than the USMNT. Pitt’s new kits for this season look really nice.

I just keep thinking there is no way that can really be what the kits will look like. I am holding out hope that because those are long sleeve shirts and there isn't a snowball's chance in Qatar that they are going to wear long sleeves at the World Cup that they can't be the real thing.

I just keep thinking there is no way that can really be what the kits will look like. I am holding out hope that because those are long sleeve shirts and there isn't a snowball's chance in Qatar that they are going to wear long sleeves at the World Cup that they can't be the real thing.
They both ( home and away) look like training kits to me. And there’s no way that was a Dicks in the video. It looked like a discount clearance center.

Belgium’s kit went from the best in the world in 2018 to looking like it belongs in a cornhole or bowling league.

Belgian jersey not so bad when you compare it to the socks. The flames are a bit too much. I mean, Red Devils, yes, but no need for the flames on the socks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT