ADVERTISEMENT

Chiefs vs Bengals

It was, but he can blame himself for punting to Moore in the first place in that situation. That was not a good decision.
Eh I don't know. The block in the back was on the gunner to the side Moore ran the ball to. If that gunner isn't illegally knocked down, I'm not sure there is a running lane to the sideline in that direction, and the return goes up into the heart of where the rest of the coverage unit is.

Eh I don't know. The block in the back was on the gunner to the side Moore ran the ball to. If that gunner isn't illegally knocked down, I'm not sure there is a running lane to the sideline in that direction, and the return goes up into the heart of where the rest of the coverage unit is.
The conventional wisdom is to never give the opponent a chance to pop a punt or kick return with the game on the line. With 41 seconds left and a tie game, that was a head-scratcher.

The conventional wisdom is to never give the opponent a chance to pop a punt or kick return with the game on the line. With 41 seconds left and a tie game, that was a head-scratcher.
Agreed. Situational and positional punting seems a lost art… angling out of bounds. Though KC punter did a good job on the possession before to pin Cincy at the 7 with no chance of return…

Because of the magnitude of the game and the fact that the Chiefs seemed to get so many calls, I would have let it slide.
The only order of high magnitude was the magnitude of stupidity on display by Ossai. 100% of impartial fans watching that play say personal foul as soon as they saw it...you let "second guy seen" in a scrum shoves slide you don't let no-doubt whatsoever out of bounds hits on bum ankle QBs "slide".

Last edited:
Reactions: CaptainMurphy
I never argued it wasn’t a penalty. I said Mahimes embellished which he did. No confusion here. Look in the mirror perhaps.
That's a weird bone to pick unless you think there would not have been a penalty but for the embellishment.

But there was no embellishment. I've watched it several times since this nonsense about a "flop" came up. It was a hard shove to the back of a guy who was running full tilt on one bad leg in a tight space. There was no scenario where any player doesn't hit the ground under the same circumstances. And the fact that the player that did the shoving ended up going headfirst into the bench and hurting himself after the shove just emphasizes that. Was that a flop as well?

Last edited:
Because of the magnitude of the game and the fact that the Chiefs seemed to get so many calls, I would have let it slide.

Hitting a player - especially a QB - a full yard out of bounds is always a penalty. It is a penalty at every level of football and especially on Sundays. You can't just not call it because it's going to cripple the other team. There's no such thing as a crime that's so bad it's not fair to punish the offender.

on the glass half full side of that argument...helluva snap by Adomitis. Another thing they may have been thinking in not kicking away from Skyy Moore was that he had the yips and had a couple bad punt fumbles earlier this year...

Hitting a player - especially a QB - a full yard out of bounds is always a penalty. It is a penalty at every level of football and especially on Sundays. You can't just not call it because it's going to cripple the other team. There's no such thing as a crime that's so bad it's not fair to punish the offender.
Well it wasn’t a hit - it was a hand on the back - while both were running
- penalty absolutely
But let’s not call it a hit

Well it wasn’t a hit - it was a hand on the back - while both were running
- penalty absolutely
But let’s not call it a hit
Hand on the back-come on now.

Since we’re parsing words, it was very clearly a push/shove to the back with a player running with full forward momentum.. You can watch it 1000 times and that’s what it will be every single time. Ossai ended up going head first into the bench from his own momentum and leaning into the shove.

I’m not defending the game officiating but that one was a must call.

I don't think it was a block in the back. Dude pulled a full scale soccer dive job and I don't think the guy trailing even touched him. The contact came from the front side guy who tried to block him.

I don't think it was a block in the back. Dude pulled a full scale soccer dive job and I don't think the guy trailing even touched him. The contact came from the front side guy who tried to block him.
That’s what I saw as well. The dude flailed down like he was shot.
Sorry but this was a blatant missed call. There's no way you are going to convince me that this was an acceptable no-call. Somebody on the Bengals sideline is pointing it out right after it happened, that might be the head coach. The gunner was clearly outrunning both of the Chiefs trying to block him, and the one takes him out with a shove from behind. And arguably the other guy is holding him with that one arm:

By knocking him down, it allowed them to get out in front to block him after the gunner got back up, and that created the path to the sideline for Moore. It was a very significant missed call.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gunga_Galunga
Sorry but this was a blatant missed call. There's no way you are going to convince me that this was an acceptable no-call. The gunner was clearly outrunning both of the Chiefs trying to block him, and the one takes him out with a shove from behind. And arguably the other guy is holding him with that one arm:

By knocking him down, it allowed them to get out in front to block and create the path to the sideline for Moore. It was a very significant missed call.
I didn’t see this when watching the game. I was referring to a different block. But this one should have been called.

Sorry but this was a blatant missed call. There's no way you are going to convince me that this was an acceptable no-call. Somebody on the Bengals sideline is pointing it out right after it happened, that might be the head coach. The gunner was clearly outrunning both of the Chiefs trying to block him, and the one takes him out with a shove from behind. And arguably the other guy is holding him with that one arm:

By knocking him down, it allowed them to get out in front to block him after the gunner got back up, and that created the path to the sideline for Moore. It was a very significant missed call.
That's not the one I thought it was either. I thought you meant the guy just inside of him streaking past. Yeah, this one looks bad.

Isn’t that just karma for the block in the back they got away with against Baltimore?

Hand on the back-come on now.

Since we’re parsing words, it was very clearly a push/shove to the back with a player running with full forward momentum.. You can watch it 1000 times and that’s what it will be every single time. Ossai ended up going head first into the bench from his own momentum and leaning into the shove.

I’m not defending the game officiating but that one was a must call.
It’s because they tangled feet
Maybe on the 1001st view

the hand on the back was so hard that mahonnes went flying into the bench!
And somehow went directly down instead of forward on his feet .
Again nobody is denying it’s a penalty
But Mahomes bought that call as well

That's a weird bone to pick unless you think there would not have been a penalty but for the embellishment.

But there was no embellishment. I've watched it several times since this nonsense about a "flop" came up. It was a hard shove to the back of a guy who was running full tilt on one bad leg in a tight space. There was no scenario where any player doesn't hit the ground under the same circumstances. And the fact that the player that did the shoving ended up going headfirst into the bench and hurting himself after the shove just emphasizes that. Was that a flop as well?
Wow that is amazing. You actually think that there cannot be embellishment and an actual penalty occurring on the same play? That two things cannot happen at the same time? I hate the Chiefs and the Bengals as well, but Mahomes most definitely had theatrics on that play. Did he need them? No. But he is the Ultimate competitor and will do whatever it takes to ensure his team winning. He probably had no damn idea where exactly he was on the field and knew that the hit wasn’t a traditional tackle but a push. My God people who love to think sports is just purity and goodness are amazing.

It’s because they tangled feet
Maybe on the 1001st view
Souf you're trying way too hard here. Not sure why you've chosen this anthill to die on, some kind of intense dislike for Mahomes or the Chiefs? Ossai himself admitted to "just rying to push him" and that "I didn't know how far out of bounds we were" at the time of the push.

There was no tangling of any feet. Ossai's hard push to the back--with full extension of the right arm--and the impact it had on Mahomes' forward momentum was obvious. The video doesn't lie.

I feel really bad for the kid, there was no malicious intent, it was just a dumb mistake that he will never make again. He hurt his knee in the process. I thought he handled it well by facing the media afterward and not making any excuses. He's humble, well spoken and sincere. I also think his team handled it well by circling the wagons around him. He's a good young player with a bright future.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT