ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Lasala

MorningCoffee13

Redshirt
Aug 23, 2023
I see that a ton of former Pitt players are coming out and identifying that Lasala be at least interviewed for AD position.

Obviously a Pitt lifer and currently part of Athletic Department.

I get it but if there was a lack of “vision” under Lyke doesn’t he shoulder some of that blame?

I see that a ton of former Pitt players are coming out and identifying that Lasala be at least interviewed for AD position.

Obviously a Pitt lifer and currently part of Athletic Department.

I get it but if there was a lack of “vision” under Lyke doesn’t he shoulder some of that blame?
Was it really a lack of vision or difference of vision under Heather?
I believe it was a difference of vision and what that difference of vision was costing the university.

here is marcus bowman"s bio

10 years ago, I would have said hire this guy like, yesterday.......

But there are wall street players who I would bet can raise capital in a manner in which Bowman can not. I would guess its not that difficult to raise cash at OU.

if he is the guy, I would be dissapointed until proven otherwise.

No thx, wvu grad. Marcus Bowman is the leading candidate and hope he gets the job. We need to also hire Riddick for NIL help. H2P!
you want louis Riddick to quit his current job with espn/abc to come work for pitt under a new AD with a job description of allocating money to entitled teenagers and begging for money from a cheap fan base?

Reactions: giveitarest

But there are wall street players who I would bet can raise capital in a manner in which Bowman can not. I would guess its not that difficult to raise cash at OU.

if he wasnt a "pitt guy," 99% of this fanbase would not be happy with this hire..

Reactions: Joe the Panther Fan
if he wasnt a "pitt guy," 99% of this fanbase would not be happy with this hire..
He’s young, smart, and has experience at a high level with a big-time program. Pitt isn’t going to steal the #1 guy at a big-time program with his resume, so why is it a huge reach? Would you prefer the #1 guy from a low D-1 school because that’s the other realistic option?

Bowman checks an awful lot of boxes and just happens to be a Pitt grad.

No thx, wvu grad. Marcus Bowman is the leading candidate and hope he gets the job. We need to also hire Riddick for NIL help. H2P!
Pierre. If you follow my posts, on wait sorry that fries cook can't pay for the premium content, you will see I am all for Marcus Bowman. He makes not just the most sense, but is qualified and is a Pitt guy. His resume is strong and his strengths match the weaknesses that likely befell Lyke.

Do you double fry the fries? Or are they just fresh cut and turn wimpy after the come out of the fryer?

How so? He is CFO of one of this nation's blueblood programs and can step up to be CEO in one of nation's middle of the road programs. The fact that he is alum, knows the school and key components and hopefully has some passion for it is a good thing. No?

Pitt needs a competent administrator first and foremost. Pitt Athletics needs to run smoothly, effectively and efficiently to allow the fundraisers to do their job. It’s an executive position, and while development is a role in that umbrella, it’s not the only role.

It’s like the football or basketball programs who hire guys who just know how to recruit, and aren’t good at actually running a program. Sure, they get a lot of talent and a lot of hype every signing day, but they tend to not actually win too many games for a reason.

I think the new AD needs a plan. For revenue generation and everything else. But that plan can’t just be “I am a salesman.” We don’t need the Brett Yormark of athletic directors.

Pierre. If you follow my posts, on wait sorry that fries cook can't pay for the premium content, you will see I am all for Marcus Bowman. He makes not just the most sense, but is qualified and is a Pitt guy. His resume is strong and his strengths match the weaknesses that likely befell Lyke.

Do you double fry the fries? Or are they just fresh cut and turn wimpy after the come out of the fryer?
I don't need premium content, get my information from good sources. You're so funny now go and make another fake addy. H2P!!

Pitt needs a competent administrator first and foremost. Pitt Athletics needs to run smoothly, effectively and efficiently to allow the fundraisers to do their job. It’s an executive position, and while development is a role in that umbrella, it’s not the only role.

It’s like the football or basketball programs who hire guys who just know how to recruit, and aren’t good at actually running a program. Sure, they get a lot of talent and a lot of hype every signing day, but they tend to not actually win too many games for a reason.

I think the new AD needs a plan. For revenue generation and everything else. But that plan can’t just be “I am a salesman.” We don’t need the Brett Yormark of athletic directors.
Whether its Bowman, or some name we have never heard of, first and foremost the new AD has to make it rain.

Every hilljack in Oklahoma, from Tulsa to the dust bowl out in the panhandle, would line up to throw cash at OU.

This has to be job 1 at Pitt and its a daunting challenge

And.....i sense....that Gabel fired Lyke in large part because of the overspending / under funding of Victory Heights.

As such, She is expecting someone who can bring in the cash.

This has to be the priority in my view

People keep throwing out wanting "Wall Street players" like they're a dime a dozen six for a nickel. You know what it would cost to get a "Wall Street Player"? Pitt would have to put him on layaway...they make real money!

Whether its Bowman, or some name we have never heard of, first and foremost the new AD has to make it rain.

Every hilljack in Oklahoma, from Tulsa to the dust bowl out in the panhandle, would line up to throw cash at OU.

This has to be job 1 at Pitt and its a daunting challenge

And.....i sense....that Gabel fired Lyke in large part because of the overspending / under funding of Victory Heights.

As such, She is expecting someone who can bring in the cash.

This has to be the priority in my view
Well aside from reprobates like Pierre and middling folks on here, where I was disappointed in Lyke is the advantage that Pitt has being in a relatively large city is she did not seem to take good advantage of good corporate partners. Even our own UPMC. Seen that logo on many other institutions aside from Pitt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT