ADVERTISEMENT

Chryst

They were 13-1 and six points away from a playoff birth under Chryst with Hornbrook as a sophomore. It's not like this is a 7-5 program. Yes a top QB plus their usual team could get to a playoff! I'm not saying they'd beat Alabama or Clemson if they got there.

An Ohio State team with its worst QB in years, and probably the foreseeable future.
And Ohio State still dominated that game, just had a lot of bad luck that kept Wisconsin in it.

Wisconsin’s recruiting isn’t a good QB away from being a playoff team. You’re being far too selective here. “Well if I take their best team of the last 10 years, add a really good QB, and have them go up against these quality of teams, then I can argue they are playoff worthy.” It’s silly. You can damn near do that for any Tier II team.

“Well if I take their best team of the last 10 years, add a really good QB, and have them go up against these quality of teams, then I can argue they are playoff worthy.” It’s silly. You can damn near do that for any Tier II team.

Could you do it for Pitt? Has Narduzzi been a good QB away from a playoff game?

An Ohio State team with its worst QB in years, and probably the foreseeable future.
And Ohio State still dominated that game, just had a lot of bad luck that kept Wisconsin in it.

Wisconsin’s recruiting isn’t a good QB away from being a playoff team. You’re being far too selective here. “Well if I take their best team of the last 10 years, add a really good QB, and have them go up against these quality of teams, then I can argue they are playoff worthy.” It’s silly. You can damn near do that for any Tier II team.

I keep thinking back to that 2016 game against the Nits where they had the big lead and blew it. Wisky couldn't keep up with the PSU speed and athleticism. I think Wisky will always be top of their division due to the program they have in place, but don't have the horses to compete for a playoff spot. Although my original post noting the improved recruiting may finally give them that needed boost. Still don't think Chryst is the coach to do it however.

Madison WI ain’t exact rural bro.

The BA Way and the football culture and program identity he built and maintained there for the past 20 years is real though.

Chryst was plug and play there. He already knew everything he needed to know to keep the BA train on the tracks.
BA learned from the best, Lou Holtz say no more! Yes Chryst is just a figurehead with lots of people working behind the scenes for him.

2014 was a huge letdown after starting 3-0 (Should have known after needing to comeback to win at FIU)... blew 17-7 2nd half lead at home vs Iowa... The Akron debacle followed by not showing up for the first half at UVA...lost a lot of confidence in Chryst at that point... don’t forget the fumble fest homecoming debacle vs GT, part of giving up 147 puts in 3 games... only beating a Miami team that quit on its coach salvaged any sort of a good feeling about that season, which was lost in the bowl game after Chryst’s departure of course...I know cupboard wasn’t full but that season looked like it had some potential

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT