ADVERTISEMENT

Cignetti needs to take notes watching Michigan

KennyHeisman8

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Oct 31, 2021
You can’t convince me jj McCarthy is any better than slovis, but they’re finding ways to move the ball through the air.

Also scheming. You are getting Michigan receivers run completely uncovered all over the field.

Once again it’s just proof that to be a run first team, you don’t have to constantly line up in power bunch formations like we constant do.

You can’t convince me jj McCarthy is any better than slovis, but they’re finding ways to move the ball through the air.

Also scheming. You are getting Michigan receivers run completely uncovered all over the field.

Once again it’s just proof that to be a run first team, you don’t have to constantly line up in power bunch formations like we constant do.

Their OC (one of them) is finding ways to get guys open. Helps to have good players, too, but they have the mentality of scoring points instead if 'lets keep it close and see what happens.'

Michigan still doesn’t spread the field a ton compared to other teams. The TE is usually in the box, and at least one WR is very close to the box.

That would make it tough fo ra lot of QBs to see what is happening on the field. But with Michigan it doesn’t hurt as much because their OL is dominate, so they can stack the box and still truck teams. And JJ‘s mobility bails them out of some stuff.

FCJ’s offense isn’t going to work most places, including here (Which is why it hasn’t worked anywhere). But Michigan’s offense isn’t going to work a lot of places unless you have a dominating OL that mitigates a lot of the scheme problems (which is why Gattis is struggling with it at Miami this year. The OL he inherited was horrible, so the weaknesses in the lack of spread are being exposed).

Reactions: BigZeke
Their OC (one of them) is finding ways to get guys open. Helps to have good players, too, but they have the mentality of scoring points instead if 'lets keep it close and see what happens.'
And to be fair they are playing a team with more talent than anyone on our schedule so the “good players” things somewhat offsets itself.

Reactions: jctrack
I know one thing for sure, I can’t imagine Slovis would have avoided that sack on 2nd n 11 like McCarthy did.

I know one thing for sure, I can’t imagine Slovis would have avoided that sack on 2nd n 11 like McCarthy did.

Yep. Michigan brought everybody in the box. And went under center. It’s just idiotic in 2022. Even with their dominating OL, the play was a disaster.

His mobility was the only thing that saved the play.

And to be fair they are playing a team with more talent than anyone on our schedule so the “good players” things somewhat offsets itself.

I'm mostly in agreement with you. Michigan is probably losing this game is Cignetti is their OC.

I'm mostly in agreement with you. Michigan is probably losing this game is Cignetti is their OC.
McCarthy can move around…as a passer though he is no better than Slovis.

My point which will be missed by the “Michigan runs a lot!” Is that even they just don’t line up under center and try to play woody Hayes football.

It’s just frustrating to watch us try to be a bad version of wisconsin or Iowa

McCarthy can move around…as a passer though he is no better than Slovis.

My point which will be missed by the “Michigan runs a lot!” Is that even they just don’t line up under center and try to play woody Hayes football.

It’s just frustrating to watch us try to be a bad version of wisconsin or Iowa

And they go right back to trying for the dagger. We all know if this were Narduzzi and Cignetti it would be run run pass for 3 yards, punt and try to win with the defense.

And they go right back to trying for the dagger. We all know if this were Narduzzi and Cignetti it would be run run pass for 3 yards, punt and try to win with the defense.
Yep. They use the run to draw the defense in then try to go over the top. Frank doesn’t know how to do that.

It was weird seeing Michigan throw deep on second and short. Cig thinks you should run a fullback up the middle.

Reactions: KennyHeisman8
Not sure about going for that FG. With 10 minutes left up 2 scores, I think I would’ve punted to give them a long field instead of trying a 57 yarder and giving em good field position after the miss.

Reactions: BFo8
What was that???? A non twoTE heavy set leading to a big TD run????

Lol, this is not the same offense. When Pitt has been ahead this year they’ve lived up in the two TE set.

This is unbelievably frustrating. How can anyone at this point defend the cignetti hire and offense?

At least we don't have to hear about CJ Stroud winning the Heisman anymore. He should have been out of contention weeks ago.

At least we don't have to hear about CJ Stroud winning the Heisman anymore. He should have been out of contention weeks ago.
I would think Corum is done as well, Michigan played (by far) their best game of the season without him.

BTW Stroud was a rather large favorite to win it heading into today, and still has a shot with the Hooker injury and Maye folding down the stretch. I would think with a good winning performance today Caleb Williams would be the new betting favorite.

I would think Corum is done as well, Michigan played (by far) their best game of the season without him.

BTW Stroud was a rather large favorite to win it heading into today, and still has a shot with the Hooker injury and Maye folding down the stretch. I would think with a good winning performance today Caleb Williams would be the new betting favorite.

Would have been the year for Kenny.

That 4th BCS spit could be up for grabs. USC could sneak in with a big win over ND.
Anyone that doesn’t want to see Ohio St in the playoffs should be rooting hard for USC and TCU. If either of those teams slip up OSU is probably getting in even after this lousy performance.

LSU has some talent and is extremely well coached, but I don’t see them beating Georgia.

Lol. What have you been watching? Pitt has literally tried that several times this year. They don't connect because either the throw is off or the receiver has no separation.
Hahahahahahaha when a dude is 15 yards behind the defense it has nothing to do with separation.

Also, did you see Michigan turtle into a power under center two TE look at the end.

Look, I know you think cignetti is the best OC in history, but even a run heavy team like Michigan isn’t as conservative as we are

Hahahahahahaha when a dude is 15 yards behind the defense it has nothing to do with separation.

Also, did you see Michigan turtle into a power under center two TE look at the end.

Look, I know you think cignetti is the best OC in history, but even a run heavy team like Michigan isn’t as conservative as we are
Cignetti is absolutely nothing special. He's just an ordinary OC, like most in the business.

Pitt isn't really conservative. Not at all. However, it's obvious the play calling this year has been altered due to lack of trust in the QB/WRs. BTW, JJ McCarthy is far and away better than Slovis. There is no comparison. Slovis is a turnover machine, and Pitt still asks him to do a lot more than Michigan does McCarthy.

Cignetti is absolutely nothing special. He's just an ordinary OC, like most in the business.

Pitt isn't really conservative. Not at all. However, it's obvious the play calling this year has been altered due to lack of trust in the QB/WRs. BTW, JJ McCarthy is far and away better than Slovis. There is no comparison. Slovis is a turnover machine, and Pitt still asks him to do a lot more than Michigan does McCarthy.
Lol.

ADVERTISEMENT