ADVERTISEMENT

Clock management again (Cincy)

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
Down 3. Ball at TT 33. Just picked up a 1st down so clock starts on the ready to play. 28 seconds left. No TO's. A Cincy player limped off the field on the prior play so I guess that gave TT the opportunity to sub. TT takes their sweet-ass time jogging players on and off the field. Cincy is set to snap at 28 seconds but by the time TT players leisurely stroll off the field, there's 15 seconds when the ball is snapped.

1. Is there a rule against how long defensive teams get to sub?

2. Shouldn't Cincy had not subbed and just spiked it with 28 seconds?

Reactions: SteelBowl70
Down 3. Ball at TT 33. Just picked up a 1st down so clock starts on the ready to play. 28 seconds left. No TO's. A Cincy player limped off the field on the prior play so I guess that gave TT the opportunity to sub. TT takes their sweet-ass time jogging players on and off the field. Cincy is set to snap at 28 seconds but by the time TT players leisurely stroll off the field, there's 15 seconds when the ball is snapped.

1. Is there a rule against how long defensive teams get to sub?

2. Shouldn't Cincy had not subbed and just spiked it with 28 seconds?
You mean spike with 10 men on the field? I think once the RB hobbled off, TT was allowed to sub. Tough break from Cincy though. That burned something like 15 seconds off.

Cincy did blow that one. Lotta injuries too. I do think they're much improved from last year. Not sure if he has time left but Sorsby is good in that offense. He's likely one of the best QBs will face this year.

They had 2 runoffs before this when another WR was hurt and they overturned a targeting which was debatable. They also burned their last TO running for 5 yards. All in all, they should have had at least 3 more plays.

Reactions: JohnnyGossamer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT