ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Bell back to FSU?

I'd be pretty shocked if they didn't hire Link Jarrett the day after Notre Dame gets eliminated.

But stranger things have happened and that would really suck for Pitt if it did.

Reactions: HOF Coach
He is surely their number one choice.

I have to believe that they've already made contacts with him through back channels.

Right. From the outside it seems pretty clear they wanted to get Jarrett before Clemson hired him but who knows. I'm sure Bell is on the short list.

Thats the rumor.....
I like Bell- and don’t want to lose him- but these last two seasons feel like they fell short with late season collapses.
That said - program is in much better shape than it was when we first entered the ACC

I like Bell- and don’t want to lose him- but these last two seasons feel like they fell short with late season collapses.
That said - program is in much better shape than it was when we first entered the ACC
On the other hand, even with the late season slumps, we’ve still significantly overachieved overall each year given the team’s overall talent level (indicated by draft picks and all-conference selections) and the expected outcome for Pitt given our resources and place in the ACC hierarchy.

The fact that it feels like there’s meat on the bone for the past two years, if anything, demonstrates how good of a job he’s done. Programs like Pitt aren’t supposed to have bones with this much meat in this conference.

On the other hand, even with the late season slumps, we’ve still significantly overachieved overall each year given the team’s overall talent level (indicated by draft picks and all-conference selections) and the expected outcome for Pitt given our resources and place in the ACC hierarchy.

The fact that it feels like there’s meat on the bone for the past two years, if anything, demonstrates how good of a job he’s done. Programs like Pitt aren’t supposed to have bones with this much meat in this conference.

This year was just a lack of pitching depth mostly IMO. Which is more of a Pitt issue than a Bell issue to me.

This year was just a lack of pitching depth mostly IMO. Which is more of a Pitt issue than a Bell issue to me.
Yeah, and more specifically how difficult it is for a program like Pitt to have both pitching and hitting depth on the same roster. We got killed injury-wise up and down this season, and had the depth to stay competitive. Jordano’s teams often had solid pitching depth, but those lineups just weren’t equipped to compete every weekend in this league.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
FSU has some financial issues in the AD., it’s possible they can’t match the $$$ Jarett can get from ND.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hail2PittPanthers
I have a few FSU friends who seem to think Jarrett is a done deal.
I asked around today and I don’t see how Jarett doesn’t take it. I guess ND is only paying him like $350k & they aren’t likely going to dig deep for baseball. Bell makes significantly more than that at pitt for a reference point.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT