ADVERTISEMENT

Coastal opening doors?

sonofabit

Junior
Nov 24, 2003
Now I'm reading (not hearing) that the WV OL is not committable anymore. After closing the door on some other OL recruits this week I'm thinking maybe we have more interest from others than earlier in the year. I know it's a numbers thing, but gosh, the OL seems to be an area of need as always. Perhaps the division title has something to do with it.

Should probably add that the offer is not committable. From PSN if you need to know what I'm reading.

Yes I made a post about us having to turn away kids in a recruiting thread. A certain resident board clown doubtbted it. Space will be saved for talents like Devonshire, a transfer TE, etc.

IMO we have a future OT that ppl are not talking about in Collier the big NJ TE. Has athletic OT written all over him. His coach said he is 6’7” 265. For a TE he is nothing special as an athlete but he has the frame to put on good weight and be an athletic OT.

Now I'm reading (not hearing) that the WV OL is not committable anymore. After closing the door on some other OL recruits this week I'm thinking maybe we have more interest from others than earlier in the year. I know it's a numbers thing, but gosh, the OL seems to be an area of need as always. Perhaps the division title has something to do with it.

Not sure. I think the staff made some headway with a couple of kids that are better prospects but I never understood that offer.

Reactions: pittmeister
I actually hate to hear this. The kid has been committed for awhile. If they weren't sure they should have slowed played him instead of letting him commit. Probably happens alot but I don't like it.

Reactions: jctrack
I mean, the kid didn’t even have an official visit so it’s entirety possible they backed away a while ago.
Yea your right. Very good point. Although they still took a commitment. Narduzzi had to have signed off on it. Who knows recruiting is a dirty game.

Actually I think our Offense this season has hurt our recruiting efforts on that side of the ball. I mean what recruit besides the RB's would want to commit to an offense that doesn't like to pass the ball and really only desires OLmen that want to run block. Not many recruits with NFL desires would want to commit to a program that only wants to showcase those skills IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT