ADVERTISEMENT

College Basketball Transfer Portal

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Basketball/TransferPortal/

Posting this so we can keep an eye on this. 247 does a good job of updating. As seasons start coming to a close soon, there will be a ton of names added. Right now, none really stick out.

What about Jaylen Fisher from TCU. He played 2 full seasons and quit after 9 games this year so I'm not sure how much eligibility he has left and whether or not he will graduate from TCU by August. He's injury prone but is an excellent PG. If he's eligible next year, would you offer him and move X to the 2?

Also, I wonder if Duke's Javin DeLaurier would want to play a lot for his last season. He should graduate from Duke soon and is only averaging 10 MPG roughly in ACC games when Zion plays. I'm sure Duke will bring in more studs so given he would already have the Duke degree, would he want to play 30 MPG for Capel?

Posting this so we can keep an eye on this. 247 does a good job of updating. As seasons start coming to a close soon, there will be a ton of names added. Right now, none really stick out.

What about Jaylen Fisher from TCU. He played 2 full seasons and quit after 9 games this year so I'm not sure how much eligibility he has left and whether or not he will graduate from TCU by August. He's injury prone but is an excellent PG. If he's eligible next year, would you offer him and move X to the 2?

Also, I wonder if Duke's Javin DeLaurier would want to play a lot for his last season. He should graduate from Duke soon and is only averaging 10 MPG roughly in ACC games when Zion plays. I'm sure Duke will bring in more studs so given he would already have the Duke degree, would he want to play 30 MPG for Capel?
Definitely worth keeping track of the transfers.

Reactions: Elsalvador
Couple questions.

- Are these just publicaly announced transfer, or do they have “insider” information?
- do they have a football list too?

And I’d take both original guys mentioned. Get the talent regardless of position.

Couple questions.

- Are these just publicaly announced transfer, or do they have “insider” information?

And I’d take both original guys mentioned. Get the talent regardless of position.
There is a football transfer portal as well. Anyone can access it.

Couple questions.

It's the official transfer portal. No inside info needed

I think getting a point guard like Jaylen Fisher and moving X to the #2 is actually a good idea right now.

It’s not even necessarily about moving X. They need another competent point. If Fisher has eligibility - for sure go after him. There will be plenty of minutes for both.

Reactions: DiehardPanther

Fisher missed most of last year, had surgery....never fully recovered. Only at TCU for 3 years, doubt he'd be a grad. So he'd sit out a year (4th) and only have one to play....maybe 1+ 1/2 if he left before January. X is really a PG, Fisher close to a combo.

Fisher missed most of last year, had surgery....never fully recovered. Only at TCU for 3 years, doubt he'd be a grad. So he'd sit out a year (4th) and only have one to play....maybe 1+ 1/2 if he left before January. X is really a PG, Fisher close to a combo.

I dont even know if it matters if he graduates. Wouldn't he be a RS Jr. eligible in mid-Dec regardless?

I dont even know if it matters if he graduates. Wouldn't he be a RS Jr. eligible in mid-Dec regardless?
Yes....that's what I referred to. I don't know when he left the program. Or does the NCAA start the clock ticking at the end of the semester? Either way, he'd have just a season and a half. I think he was unhappy with his rehab. Certainly looked less than 100% the one time I saw him play. Tough break for the kid....he can play when healthy.

Yes....that's what I referred to. I don't know when he left the program. Or does the NCAA start the clock ticking at the end of the semester? Either way, he'd have just a season and a half. I think he was unhappy with his rehab. Certainly looked less than 100% the one time I saw him play. Tough break for the kid....he can play when healthy.
Jello knees

Update: FGCU's 6'5 guard Haanif Cheatham is in the portal. I kinda remember us recruiting him, not sure which staff. He had 2.5 pretty good years at Marquette before transferring to FGCU. Averaged 13.2 this year.

Reactions: Elsalvador
Lets please use this thread to track all the grad transfers. It's less confusing that way.

3 pretty good ones announced their intentions today:

Nate Sestina 6'9 C from Bucknell/Cameron County HS

Rayjon Tucker 6'5 guard from UALR/Charlotte, NC

Luwane Pipkins - 5'10 PG UMass 16 PPG 5 assists

- Sestina is a guy that I could see have interest in Pitt.

- Tucker's numbers are ridiculous and I think he goes to like a Syracuse/Louisville level. 20.3 PPG. 41.1% on 3's. 45.3% on 3s last year. And the Sun Belt isnt a bad mid-major league.

- Would we take a guy like Pipkins and move X to the 2?

Last edited:
Reactions: Drew1208
Hopefully the proximity would help Pitt out with Sestina if the two sides both have interest. Pipkins maybe?? A three guard/smaller lineup with him, X and Trey. I don't know positioning in basketball, but people always say it's a guard's game...

James Bolden would be an upgrade in the N'dir role..

Lets please use this thread to track all the grad transfers. It's less confusing that way.

- Tucker's numbers are ridiculous and I think he goes to like a Syracuse/Louisville level. 20.3 PPG. 41.1% on 3's. 45.3% on 3s last year. And the Sun Belt isnt a bad mid-major league.

SMF.....We need a better shooter at the 2. Keep X with the ball. Hope Trey improves his shooting or we get it from a SF or 3G.

Reactions: heybandguy
6'11 C Cheikh Diong from UNLV is transferring. He picked UNLV over Pitt/Stallings and Stallings went with Peace as his fall back. He averaged 6.8 RPG in only 24 MPG which is very good. With the new "Tate Martell Rule," he should be eligible immediately since the HC was fired. The NCAA seems to be granting immediate eligibility in these cases.

BTW, here's a link to a transfer page that is updated more frequently.
https://www.verbalcommits.com/transfers/20132

Moving X to the 2 for anyone, let alone a guy like Pipkins, would be a terrible idea.

Moving X to the 2 for anyone, let alone a guy like Pipkins, would be a terrible idea.
No one is suggesting that other than SMF. With X’s quickness and ability to get through the lane seemingly whenever he wants, why on earth would it be a good idea to take the ball out of his hands? He’s only going to get better.

Reactions: rrig5
Jahaad Proctor
6'3 guard from Harrisburg, PA
Grad transferring from High Point

Averaged 19.5 PPG last year

Semi-local plus NC ties.

Potential Grad Transfers and JUCOs shorter than 6-8 don't excite me in the least.

Does anyone really believe we can improve enough in the W-L department next year (with the expanded 20 ACC game schedule) to finish over 0.500 without having a serious front-court upgrade over what Brown and Chukwuka bring?

I certainly do not.

IMO, no matter how talented recruits or transfers at guard or wing we may land we aren't going to have a winning season without a serious front-court upgrade.

Potential Grad Transfers and JUCOs shorter than 6-8 don't excite me in the least.

Does anyone really believe we can improve enough in the W-L department next year (with the expanded 20 ACC game schedule) to finish over 0.500 without having a serious front-court upgrade over what Brown and Chukwuka bring?

I certainly do not.

IMO, no matter how talented recruits or transfers at guard or wing we may land we aren't going to have a winning season without a serious front-court upgrade.

I agree although I'd take ANY grad transfer if it's a talent upgrade. This team, next year or the year after is severely limited unless we can get an adequate big guy. Brown and Chukwuka are not adequate ACC big guys. Maybe you can get by with one of them playing 10-12 MPG off the bench but if they have to combine for 40 MPG, we cant go any better than 5-15 or 6-14 next year and that's a fact.

Keith Stone is leaving Florida and eligible right away

6'8 240 lb. Power forward

#82 in his senior class out of HS

4 star recruit.

I’m far more interested in acquiring undergraduate transfers than grad transfers . There’s no doubt that getting a good big man and shooter from the grad transfer pool will help Pitt win more games next season , but I’m not sure there’s anyone one or two of those guys out there that would be willing to come to Pitt that could transform the Panthers into a tourney ( NCAAs) team next season . If I’m JC I’m prioritizing 2020 as the yr the program can take a big leap forward . The staff have put in the ground work with enough higher level guys that there’s a good chance to see some recruiting victories and their current freshman will now be experienced juniors and their incoming freshman will be sophomores . Pitt isn’t a quick fix away unless there’s another Zion out there ...patience is needed !

Ps .. How Pitts roster changes will tell us a lot about the approach JC is taking .

Arguably the #1 grad transfer, Rayjon Tucker from UALR scheduled his first visit and it's to WVU. I didn't think we had a shot at this guy but WVU? They lost their whole team.

Also, Pat Andree of Lehigh has scheduled visits to Kansas State and TCU. Things aren't going well at all on the grad transfer front.

ADVERTISEMENT