ADVERTISEMENT

College coaches busted for corruption

So surprising! This crooked stuff in college hoops always seems to stop with the assistants. They are the "insulation" for the HC.

Like at Louisville, where slick Rick knew nothing about the hookers and strippers used to recruit players. :rolleyes:Just the assistant who took the fall. Imagine it will be the same here.

Looks like Sean may have to find himself the "next" Book Richardson now, though.

Reactions: bwh05
This news is unusual but I think we all know that recruiting fits the gambling line from Casablanca. Everyone knows teams are cheating, but what is the downside? These guys will lose their current jobs, but there won't be any significant consequences for the universities. No ban on post season play, no reductions in scholarships. I'd be shocked if the schools change anything in how the operate.

Yeah nothing to see here - the head coaches release statements saying they knew nothing and head back out on the recruiting trail.

If UNC didn't get death sentence by now what is there to be afraid of
Two schools of the top Pitt candidates - Wow

There's a river of dirty money flowing thru football and basketball. Kids are going to the highest bidder, and if you're not bidding you're not getting high end talent.

This news should not be a shock to anyone.

Neither should be the news that the waitresses at Lou area IHOPs just got a raise.

What will happen to these individuals?

Bingo!!! If you aint cheatin, you aint tryin. Nothing wrong with slipping some parents 25k here and there.
Many sports subscribe to that motto.
Bicycle racing the men and women don't seem to understand the "doping" regulations
NASCAR racing they're always pushing the limit on tolerances and get caught a lot with crew chiefs suspended and fined

I think this is the tip of the iceberg for college football and basketball and is why I say the minor leauges for both sports is just around the corner!

U's aren't going to want to deal with this level of corruption and will begin to implement a zero tolerance policy for influence and players will have to get in the U without help.

This will make it impossible to recruit a great player with an 8th grade education level.

Bring on the minor leauges for football and basketball!

Last edited:
"Me, corrupt?"
DKqH55TU8AI7m7Q.jpg

Here's some direct links:

Justice Department release: https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdny/press-release/file/998751/download

Business Insider: http://www.businessinsider.com/college-basketball-bribery-scandal-arrests-2017-9?r=UK&IR=T

Wetzel: https://sports.yahoo.com/fbi-probe-...ndal-snaring-big-time-programs-144631716.html

Miami is also apparently caught up in this.

It will be interesting to see if there are any repercussions for schools other than them firing some coaches for PR damage control. The NCAA has proven so feckless over the past decade, I can't imagine much coming from them.

Last edited:
There's a river of dirty money flowing thru football and basketball. Kids are going to the highest bidder, and if you're not bidding you're not getting high end talent.

Basketball much worse, the emergence of the AAU system as a power in the sport have really made the whole sport that much dirtier.

Basketball much worse, the emergence of the AAU system as a power in the sport have really made the whole sport that much dirtier.

Also there are fewer players so the competition is intense for the top guys.

Louisville and Miami are gonna take hits. NC State and Ga Tech (just signed with Adidas) -- will be interesting to see what happens at their programs. UCLA just got out of Adidas, after their semi-resurrection.

Everyone's favorite son in Arizona is caught up in this as well. One of his assistants was part of the crew of coaches in the middle of this....
yeah, good time to take a breath, distance himself from corruptive influences in the desert and come home to coach at a simpler more wholesome environment at the University of Pittsburgh!

Reactions: Jpripper88
It’s amazing how pretty much every single “how are they recruiting so well, they aren’t that good” winds up with either sanctions or a coach bolting once the rumors start up (Hoiberg).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT