ADVERTISEMENT

Colts' Opinion of Conclaves

vantheman1976

Redshirt
Apr 2, 2005

3 (79) Matthew Goncalves, OT, Pittsburgh​

Chad Henry, area scout: "It's pretty easy to identify what he is when you watch him on film. He's pretty consistent every game. ... If I'm giving this guy a nickname, it'd The Blueprint because he is the pure, exact blueprint of what we want in an offensive lineman. I don't know that there was an offensive lineman who was on the board who fits our room better than this guy: big, smart, tough, strong, mean, high give-a-(expletive) factor, versatile, dependable, really cares.

"You start this process with a lot of names and you whittle it down to the ones you like and you need as far as positionally. Then you get closer to the draft and you start to identify, 'OK, this is a target guy. We have a legit chance to get this guy and we really want to get him.' I think everybody in the room felt that way.

"He's not a guy who is going to come in expecting to be given anything. He's going to work his (expletive) off. He's going to make the room better. And his versatility is going to help."

And of course the brilliant Pitt coaches had him behind WPIAL dudes whose future jobs will be taking place in an office.
If those Pitt coaches did this crazy thing called coach, then maybe their names would have been called too. The past so many years was some of the worse ol play with no improvement. For there to be no improvement tells me there was a coaching issue.

Chad Henry, area scout: "It's pretty easy to identify what he is when you watch him on film. He's pretty consistent every game. ... If I'm giving this guy a nickname, it'd The Blueprint because he is the pure, exact blueprint of what we want in an offensive lineman. I don't know that there was an offensive lineman who was on the board who fits our room better than this guy: big, smart, tough, strong, mean, high give-a-(expletive) factor, versatile, dependable, really cares.

"You start this process with a lot of names and you whittle it down to the ones you like and you need as far as positionally. Then you get closer to the draft and you start to identify, 'OK, this is a target guy. We have a legit chance to get this guy and we really want to get him.' I think everybody in the room felt that way.

"He's not a guy who is going to come in expecting to be given anything. He's going to work his (expletive) off. He's going to make the room better. And his versatility is going to help."
Thankfully they got him in the first round before anyone else could get him.

Thankfully they got him in the first round before anyone else could get him.

Yeah but the stillers took a hillbilly bum with a 3rd round grade with the 51st pick to fix their line problems.

Reactions: joeydavid
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT