ADVERTISEMENT

Come on Wolf- Let some people in!!

panther.fan

Redshirt
Dec 4, 2016
Watching a lot of other games, and almost everyone has fans in the stands. I realize things will never be normal (in 2020) and at 100% capacity, but in the games I am watching, there is plenty of social distancing/space between fans. This could be a very good season for Pitt and they only have a few opportunities left for people to attend the games. It is nice hearing some fan noise at the games.

Anyhow, my prediction is that there will be at least some fans allowed at the Notre Dame and Virginia Tech games.

Seeing as to how nice the weather has been for all the games we haven't been allowed to go to, I'm predicting 40 degrees and pouring down rain for Notre Dame and 30 degrees with snow showers for Virginia Tech.

Anyhow, my prediction is that there will be at least some fans allowed at the Notre Dame and Virginia Tech games.

Seeing as to how nice the weather has been for all the games we haven't been allowed to go to, I'm predicting 40 degrees and pouring down rain for Notre Dame and 30 degrees with snow showers for Virginia Tech.
No way. You don't understand what a political pawn he is.

No way. You don't understand what a political pawn he is.

If he could make a decision just on us, and only us, then you might be right. But he is going to be getting a ton of pressure from the people up at nitterville and the Stillers are already putting pressure on him, to the point that the Stillers think they might be allowed to have some fans in two weeks. I'm sure that the Iggles are pressuring to be allowed fans, and soon Temple will be back and both of their fans (that dude who posts here and Bill Cosby from his prison cell) will be all in on allowing fans in the stands.

Reactions: FireballZ
Call it a funeral and everyone can attend.

4bc185d8c81341e193d3bb3a5732c75d_xl.jpg
It's actually a .2 or less death rate for most people. Letting a small number of fans in doesn't force people to go to games. Make the choice if you want to go.

Reactions: Chaos and briano25
By the time you factored in all of the opt-out season ticket holders, Pitt probably could have easily allowed everyone to attend half of the games. I also say it every week, they need to find a way to get the band and cheer into these games. No reason in an empty, expansive stadium they can't be a part of the game along with the families of all of the players.

It's actually a .2 or less death rate for most people. Letting a small number of fans in doesn't force people to go to games. Make the choice if you want to go.

If the only people at risk for the illness were the ones to contract it during the game itself, your logic about attending based on your own choice is fair.

Watching a lot of other games, and almost everyone has fans in the stands. I realize things will never be normal (in 2020) and at 100% capacity, but in the games I am watching, there is plenty of social distancing/space between fans. This could be a very good season for Pitt and they only have a few opportunities left for people to attend the games. It is nice hearing some fan noise at the games.

We are 3-0 with no fans. Should never let anyone into Heinz if we keep winning!!!!

;)

The Trump Cult Member Judge rendered Wolf powerless. Basically he said the Gov. cant take any measures at all if there's a once a century virus. So, Pitt can sell all 68K seats if they want, technically. They don't have to wait for Wolf. That said, if I was Pitt or the Steelers, or whoever, I would still follow his recommendations but that's all they are right now are recommendations.

If the only people at risk for the illness were the ones to contract it during the game itself, your logic about attending based on your own choice is fair.
OK then people can be accountable and not visit their grandparents after they attend a football game (or not attend games if they take care of someone with pre-existing conditions). People need to stop living in fear. At best everyone in the country won't be able to get vaccinated for 6 more months (even then a bunch of people said they will not take the vaccine). Offices aren't going to let people WFH forever and mask mandates won't exist forever. Have to learn to live with this and resume activities. UVA even has fans in the stands. Are we the only ACC team without fans being allowed in (maybe BC?). This is rediculous, you can space out at games and you are outside.

If he could make a decision just on us, and only us, then you might be right. But he is going to be getting a ton of pressure from the people up at nitterville and the Stillers are already putting pressure on him, to the point that the Stillers think they might be allowed to have some fans in two weeks. I'm sure that the Iggles are pressuring to be allowed fans, and soon Temple will be back and both of their fans (that dude who posts here and Bill Cosby from his prison cell) will be all in on allowing fans in the stands.
PSU has a different dilemma since the B1G as a conference said NO FANS.

The Trump Cult Member Judge rendered Wolf powerless. Basically he said the Gov. cant take any measures at all if there's a once a century virus. So, Pitt can sell all 68K seats if they want, technically. They don't have to wait for Wolf. That said, if I was Pitt or the Steelers, or whoever, I would still follow his recommendations but that's all they are right now are recommendations.
You're ridiculous.

Find your safe space and wait it out then doofus. I did not expect you to be this deranged.

I should know better than to engage you here, but hoping you are honest about a question. When you saw Derrick Stingley Jr was out due to an illness and rushed to the hospital did you or did you not fervently refresh your computer over and over again hoping to see it was from Covid?

Will set the odds at:

Yes -300
No -250

Douche nozzles right now there is nothing to stop pittfrom having fans in the stands . Wolfs rules were overturned and no stay to the order was granted pending appeal right now pitt cam sell tickets wake up

MLB has no fans. The NHL has no fans. The NBA has no fans. Why should football be different? Other than because it’s football, that is.

Douche nozzles right now there is nothing to stop pittfrom having fans in the stands . Wolfs rules were overturned and no stay to the order was granted pending appeal right now pitt cam sell tickets wake up

Technically you are correct. However, Wolf still has the power of the purse over Pitt because of the amount of funding Pitt gets from the state. If Pitt defies der fuhrer's wishes, Wolf can hurt them in the future in terms of funding

Now, not sure what the reason is why the Steelers don't tell Wolf to go pound salt other than the Rooney's being democrats not wanting to make der fuhrer Wolf look bad

MLB has no fans. The NHL has no fans. The NBA has no fans. Why should football be different? Other than because it’s football, that is.

Well actually MLB is currently planning on having fans in at least the League Championship Series and the World Series. And if you can't think of any differences between two sports that are played inside versus one that is played outside wrt the potential spread of a virus then at this point I doubt that I, or anyone else, can explain it to you.

Even my Huckleberry Hound Governor made the change to allow family to attend, but there's no reason Heinz Field shouldn’t allow at least 20,000.

Well, we have the right to assemble. Not the right to assemble if SMF seems it worthy. If kids can be indoors at schools, we sure as heck can watch a game outside.

Correct see the super spreader wedding that killed 5 who weren’t even there
weddings don't kill people Silly, people kill people...You sir, will never be invited to the wonderful Covid-1984 Pavilion/Outdoor Speakeasy parties we have been having down here at a secret Central Pa. locale... Great bands. so appreciative for the work) Great fireworks on 9-11 with 800 people strong in attendance... Back the Blue Flags. Dance floor packed. Most in attendance over 50. Saturday (highlighted with Air Force One coming in low overhead to Harrisburg) night ended with Cameo's word up followed by AC/DC's shook me all night long...total racial harmony. ..A freaking geriatric resistance movement!

Like I said, Debbie Downers like yourself afraid of sitting 15 feet apart from someone on a bright sunny day in a massive stadium will not be welcomed...

Last edited:
Reactions: briano25
weddings don't kill people Silly, people kill people...You sir, will never be invited to the wonderful Covid-1984 Pavilion/Outdoor Speakeasy parties we have been having down here at a secret Central Pa. locale... Great bands. so appreciative for the work) Great fireworks on 9-11 with 800 people strong in attendance... Back the Blue Flags. Dance floor packed. Most in attendance over 50. Saturday (highlighted with Air Force One coming in low overhead to Harrisburg) night ended with Cameo's word up followed by AC/DC's shook me all night long...total racial harmony. ..A freaking geriatric resistance movement!

Like I said, Debbie Downers like yourself afraid of sitting 15 feet apart from someone on a bright sunny day in a massive stadium will not be welcomed...
It’s the entering and exiting the stadium which has me concerned enough-
But perhaps having a higher risk family member has me more cautious
I won’t begrudge others for attending
Just download the PA Covid Alert App

the wonderful Covid-1984 Pavilion/Outdoor Speakeasy parties we have been having down here at a secret Central Pa. locale... Great bands. so appreciative for the work) Great fireworks on 9-11 with 800 people strong in attendance... Back the Blue Flags. Dance floor packed. Most in attendance over 50. Saturday (highlighted with Air Force One coming in low overhead to Harrisburg)

That literally sounds like the worst place to be on the planet and not because of covid

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT