ADVERTISEMENT

Concacaf and Comebol agreement

Fk_Pitt

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2007
FnfZfuYWYAEmIRI

As if MLS had enough trouble winning Concacaf champions league, this all but seals it being a non MLS side winning it.

I don’t know. Really stresses the importance of getting A coach sooner than later. And also finding your guys and working them in this environment.

I don’t know. Really stresses the importance of getting A coach sooner than later. And also finding your guys and working them in this environment.
South American soccer is probably the most physical on earth. Definitely on the national level, I'm sure that also translates to the club level.

Also, the 2025 Club World Cup is going to be a 32 team tournament (replaces Confederations Cup) as a dry run for the WC so I would guess that will be in the US too. It will be interesting to see how they award bids.

UEFA: 10
CONMEBOL: 8
CONCACAF: 4
AFC: 4
CAF: 4
Oceania: 1
Host: 1

???

And then how does each confederation award them in a normal cycle, lets say for 2029:

UEFA: 2026, 27, 28, and 29 finalists plus 2 wild cards

CONMEBOL: 2026, 27, 28, 29 finalists

CONCACAF, AFC, CAF: 2026, 27, 28, 29 champs

Then say Man City wins UEFA 2026. They qualify. But in 2027, they advance to the final, perhaps the team they beat to get there qualifies. Then in 2028, they advance to the final but the team they beat to get there qualifies....then the other semifinal loser qualifies. It'll be interesting to see how they do this. Seems like a fun summer tournament. Seeing these clubs play meaningful games in June is good

ADVERTISEMENT