Big 12 Championship Game: Kansas State (9-3) vs TCU (12-0) - Noon

MAC Championship Game: Toledo (7-5) vs Ohio (9-3) - Noon

Sun Belt Championship Game: Coastal Carolina (9-2) vs Troy (10-2) – 3:30 PM

SEC Championship Game: LSU (9-3) vs Georgia (12-0) – 4 PM

Mountain West Championship Game: Fresno State (8-4) vs Boise State (9-3) – 4 PM

AAC Championship Game: UCF (9-3) vs Tulane (10-2) – 4 PM

ACC Championship Game: Clemson (10-2) vs North Carolina (9-3) – 8 PM

Big Ten Championship Game: Purdue (8-4) vs Michigan (12-0) – 8 PM

The 2 important ones (PAC, Big 12) will be interesting.

Both USC and TCU opened as 2 point favorites. I would expect the crowd in Las Vegas to be heavily pro-Utah as it was last year.

The 2 important ones (PAC, Big 12) will be interesting.

Both USC and TCU opened as 2 point favorites. I would expect the crowd in Las Vegas to be heavily pro-Utah as it was last year.
I am very interested in the Utah vs USC game. Should be a very good game.

Teams I want to LOSE:

Pac-12 Championship Game: Utah - We need to have these schools that have a chance to be ranked at the end of the season to lose. Probably need Utah to lose their bowl game as well. It gives Pitt a better outside chance of being ranked at season's end. I hate Lincoln Riley, but it would benefit Pitt more...

Conference USA Championship Game: UTSA (10-2) - See above reason, Need them to lose bowl game as well.

Saturday, Dec. 3

Big 12 Championship Game: Kansas State (9-3) - See above reason, Need them to lose bowl game as well.

MAC Championship Game: Ohio (9-3) - See above reason, Need them to lose bowl game too...

Sun Belt Championship Game: Coastal Carolina (9-2) - A wash...Need both teams to lose their bowl game

SEC Championship Game: LSU (9-3) See above reason, Need them to lose their bowl games.

Mountain West Championship Game: Fresno State (8-4) - A wash...Same reason. Need both to lose their bowl games too...

AAC Championship Game: UCF (9-3) - Same. Need to lose bowl game too...

ACC Championship Game: North Carolina (9-3) Same. Need to lose their bowl game too...

Big Ten Championship Game: Purdue (8-4) Same.

Feels like Georgia and maybe even Michigan and TCU depending on others could lose their games and stay in the playoffs. When there is a 12 team playoff, basically any of the top 5 could probably lose, which will make some of these games potential rest games.

Teams I want to LOSE:

Pac-12 Championship Game: Utah - We need to have these schools that have a chance to be ranked at the end of the season to lose. Probably need Utah to lose their bowl game as well. It gives Pitt a better outside chance of being ranked at season's end. I hate Lincoln Riley, but it would benefit Pitt more...

Conference USA Championship Game: UTSA (10-2) - See above reason, Need them to lose bowl game as well.

Saturday, Dec. 3

Big 12 Championship Game: Kansas State (9-3) - See above reason, Need them to lose bowl game as well.

MAC Championship Game: Ohio (9-3) - See above reason, Need them to lose bowl game too...

Sun Belt Championship Game: Coastal Carolina (9-2) - A wash...Need both teams to lose their bowl game

SEC Championship Game: LSU (9-3) See above reason, Need them to lose their bowl games.

Mountain West Championship Game: Fresno State (8-4) - A wash...Same reason. Need both to lose their bowl games too...

AAC Championship Game: UCF (9-3) - Same. Need to lose bowl game too...

ACC Championship Game: North Carolina (9-3) Same. Need to lose their bowl game too...

Big Ten Championship Game: Purdue (8-4) Same.

I want no part in Addison participating in the playoff. Utah all day. I'll be cheering them on, alongside my three wives.

Feels like Georgia and maybe even Michigan and TCU depending on others could lose their games and stay in the playoffs. When there is a 12 team playoff, basically any of the top 5 could probably lose, which will make some of these games potential rest games.

I think the only spot even remotely up for grabs is between USC and (probably) Ohio State. The others are in, in my opinion.

Friday, Dec. 2

Pac-12 Championship Game: USC (11-1) vs Utah – 6 PM

Conference USA Championship Game: North Texas (7-5) vs UTSA (10-2) - 7:30 PM

Saturday, Dec. 3

Big 12 Championship Game: Kansas State (9-3) vs TCU (12-0) - Noon

MAC Championship Game: Toledo (7-5) vs Ohio (9-3) - Noon

Sun Belt Championship Game: Coastal Carolina (9-2) vs Troy (10-2) – 3:30 PM

SEC Championship Game: LSU (9-3) vs Georgia (12-0) – 4 PM

Mountain West Championship Game: Fresno State (8-4) vs Boise State (9-3) – 4 PM

AAC Championship Game: UCF (9-3) vs Tulane (10-2) – 4 PM

ACC Championship Game: Clemson (10-2) vs North Carolina (9-3) – 8 PM

Big Ten Championship Game: Purdue (8-4) vs Michigan (12-0) – 8 PM
This weekend's results really took the starch out of most of these.

I think a 1-loss team whose loss is in the championship game has to be in. The only spot up for grabs is USC. If USC beats Utah, they are in. If USC loses to Utah, I think the playoff is (1) Georgia, (2) Michigan, (3) TCU, (4) tOSU. I don't think tOSU deserves it, but wins over PSU and ND would likely carry the day against 1 loss.

Tough to imagine a weaker slate of games. Even the G5 games are a lot less interesting than usual.

Yea, I was thinking that. Has to be the worst slate of championship games ever. Cant wait for OSU/Michigan next years after their scrimmage the week prior. I know its sacrilegious but they may want to move that game. Maybe make a new tradition of first Saturday in November or something. Maybe they can do OSU/PSU last and Mich/MSU last

True but that’s why the format is great. Losing could drop them out if top 4 thus forcing extra round.

ADVERTISEMENT