ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats Pitt, you're now the most expensive home game ticket in PSU football history

Sandy is going to hate you for pointing this out and for acknowledging a rivalry. Watch your back...strange things happen in "Happy" Valley...

Reactions: vietvet1 and RHS14
Congrats, Pitt is now the most expensive ticket when it comes to all tickets sold at Beaver Stadium.

This is the most expensive home game ticket in Penn State football history.

No question, Pitt is the most hated team we play. It's silly to read that we're not rivals. This proves otherwise.

Wow! That's impressive. Sad to see this rivalry go in a couple years. It's a lot of fun, win or lose.

Madden is an idiot about most things , especially politics , but his CREEPY VALLEY is very funny. I know when he says that , it drives them nuts.

I do hope it's a close game , I'm worried, but I hold hope we can win.

Congrats, Pitt is now the most expensive ticket when it comes to all tickets sold at Beaver Stadium.

No question, Pitt is the most hated team we play. It's silly to read that we're not rivals. This proves otherwise.
Do you have a link to this? I recall much higher prices when Notre Dame came to town in 2007.

Well you're gonna have to pay Franklin's salary somehow...guess selling those JVP stickers isn't hacking it.

Lionrevival is a Pitt fan posting as a PSU fan. There probably isn't a link. Many here probably already know this, but some might not. And many who know it choose to ignore it because Lionrevival is constantly posting the Pitt-positive spin you'd never see from an actual nitter, which is somehow still satisfying to them, I guess.

Reactions: ChooChoo Panther
Do you have a link to this? I recall much higher prices when Notre Dame came to town in 2007.
This was mentioned on another thread here. That was on the secondary market where depending on demand prices can go up to whatever people will pay. But through the actual penn State athletic department this Saturday's game is the most expensive ticket this season and that they have ever charged for a game.

So while getting tickets late to that nd game in 07 may have cost you an arm and a leg, the price of tickets through the athletic department does not rise from whatever they set the price at when season and individual game tickets went on sale.

2 nitters squabbling on a PITT MESSAGE BOARD.

If this doesn't prove the point, nothing else will. But go ahead and keep denying it.

This was mentioned on another thread here. That was on the secondary market where depending on demand prices can go up to whatever people will pay. But through the actual penn State athletic department this Saturday's game is the most expensive ticket this season and that they have ever charged for a game.

So while getting tickets late to that nd game in 07 may have cost you an arm and a leg, the price of tickets through the athletic department does not rise from whatever they set the price at when season and individual game tickets went on sale.
This makes much more sense. Thanks for the reply.

Reactions: Pittx9
2 nitters squabbling on a PITT MESSAGE BOARD.

If this doesn't prove the point, nothing else will. But go ahead and keep denying it.
I love how I ask a question and you think I trolling Pitt or that I am trying to say it isn't a rivalry. Go read my post on here from 12 months ago and see if I feel that way.

Lionrevival is a Pitt fan posting as a PSU fan. There probably isn't a link. Many here probably already know this, but some might not. And many who know it choose to ignore it because Lionrevival is constantly posting the Pitt-positive spin you'd never see from an actual nitter, which is somehow still satisfying to them, I guess.
We know it.

It is fun to watch him girate and pretend to be a PSU fan, though.

My guess is that he is actually Owtie in disguise.

This makes much more sense. Thanks for the reply.

Exactly what the poster you responded to stated. Also, the Pitt game is one of the most expensive tickets in college football this year. What makes this impressive is the capacity of Beaver Stadium should help ensure that the tickets aren't driven this high, but we're now finding that on the secondary market the tickets are quite expensive for what one gets. I give Pitt credit. It really upsets my fellow BWI posters but who cares. I don't post there anymore and switched to audibles.

We know it.

I only got this label after fairgambit and lionlurker got upset at my approach to the off-the-field issues. Since that time, they labeled me as a Pitt apologist.

What is wrong with asking for a link? I am not doubting the statement but I cannot find anything about it anywhere.

How about you providing a link to the ND ticket prices, or better yet, a copy of a ticket to prove your contention. Everyone knows what he posted is accurate. Do you expect your AD to have a press conference to announce it? LOL Hail to Pitt!

How about you providing a link to the ND ticket prices, or better yet, a copy of a ticket to prove your contention. Everyone knows what he posted is accurate. Do you expect your AD to have a press conference to announce it? LOL Hail to Pitt!
As a poster stated above it was the highest priced regular season ticket sold through the school. That makes sense. I was more interested in the secondary market price. Nothing more. If this is the highest ticket price ever so be it. I have little concern for the highest ticket ever sold was against but if this is really the record. No need to be on edge. Just having some friendly conversation.

As a poster stated above it was the highest priced regular season ticket sold through the school. That makes sense. I was more interested in the secondary market price. Nothing more. If this is the highest ticket price ever so be it. I have little concern for the highest ticket ever sold was against but if this is really the record. No need to be on edge. Just having some friendly conversation.

Not on edge at all. Just hate seeing someone try to dispute an objective, factually true statement. If you were talking the secondary market place, you should have said so. Logically speaking, it likely would hold true for secondary sellers as well. Think about it. Hail to Pitt!

No doubt that this is an expensive ticket. There's no available documentation to support or refute this claim, that I can see, although ticket prices for this year are way up across the board for PSU games. Even last year's Rose Bowl ticket costs set some kind of record. Stubhub used to give historic prices, but they don't do that anymore. So I'm not sure where the OP got his info, but it wouldn't surprise me.

That said, the record will probably last up until the Michigan game next month.

that is what is great about college football. we hate you guys and you hate us. Its called a rivalry game.....nothing better. Both us and you guys need a game like this. i mean, if you ask a fan who is their biggest rival in their conference and you cannot answer that question in less than 2 seconds, you don't have a true conference rival. neither of us do. its a travesty all these years that we didn't end up in the same conference and play each other every year. its sad that if your under 40 or so, you really don't get it.

Not on edge at all. Just hate seeing someone try to dispute an objective, factually true statement. If you were talking the secondary market place, you should have said so. Logically speaking, it likely would hold true for secondary sellers as well. Think about it. Hail to Pitt!
I automatically took it as secondary market because the OP stated" Pitt is now the most expensive ticket when it comes to all tickets sold at Beaver Stadium." Considering the tickets through the school have been sold out for this game since the first day they were on sale the word NOW led me to believe a new record for ticket price was just set. This would indicate secondary market. I have no information at all on historical prices besides what I paid for games in the past. I figured if there was a link there would be a price comparison to other big games as well.

I only got this label after fairgambit and lionlurker got upset at my approach to the off-the-field issues. Since that time, they labeled me as a Pitt apologist.
Actually, you got the label because you are a Pitt fan trolling the PSU fan base.

I don't mind it, actually... keep doing what you're doing. It aggravates the hell out of them, and that's always a worthy goal.

After Saturday, however, might want to admit who you really are Owtie.

At gopsusports the ticket exchange has tickets up to 1000$ I believe.
During the 80s when capacity was 82,000 or so tickets could be hard to come by. I saw prices of over 100$ for Notre Dame. The two expansions reduced demand somewhat but there were games that tickets were hard to come by such as ND 07.
It's all supply and demand.

I stupidly called today for tickets (hoping for player returns/cancellations, etc) and the guy said its been sold out since May.

We're good for each other. This game will make us the most money in the history of our program based on ticket sales.

Last year, I am sure Pitt had a similar response.

Rivals or not, whatever one may believe, money talks.

Reactions: vietvet1 and KanePA
We're good for each other. This game will make us the most money in the history of our program based on ticket sales.

TV money is king and does all the talking ad nauseam. Networks dictate kickoff times and have increasingly infringed on Friday nights, a night that was traditionally reserved for high school football, who need the gate revenue badly.

The TV networks influence the college football rankings (see B1G Conference in 2016) so that prime time games can be promoted as having high ranking (bluebloods) teams competing to attract viewers. Notre Dame can have 3 losses yet still be in the hunt...lol!

Historical, traditional rivalries have been destroyed by conference realignments that are gerrymandered to attract the widest (largest) viewing audience possible for each P5 conference.

Enjoy the last 3 installments of the nearly 100 year PITT-PSU rivalry. You may not be alive the next time a home and home series is scheduled between these 2 traditional
in-state football programs!

18j4ulh877m4yjpg.webp

Reactions: vietvet1
We know it.

COnsidering there are new fake Pitt handles from penn state fans weekly on this board, even if this is true, big deal, we would need about 90 more to even the score.

Reactions: Chaos
I've talked to people who have had penn State season tickets for years. The pitt game is more expensive than even the Michigan game this year which is their second most expensive ticket this season. Being that is a conference game and could feature two teams with no conference losses at that point, the price on the secondary market I expect to surpass this Saturday's game. There is however a huge difference between those prices and the prices of tickets through the school's athletic department.

Not even close

LOL

BWI "gathering facts"; "not pleased".

But, but we're much better off playing Georgia State.

Reactions: PITTLAW

And the series is 4 games because....

And the series is 4 games because....

I have no idea.

The money is some of the best possible for both teams, so it's not like it's a financial thing. Pitt's beaten us the last two times we met so it's not like this is a lopsided issue. Only conclusion I can come to is that our admin is timid and that college football is a popularity contest and having an inflated record helps.

My personal experience and opinion , Harry is a better advocate for Pitt football than our staff. I think Harry, and he has no idea I'm writing this , is the best recruiter we have. No offense but should he be ?????

ADVERTISEMENT