ADVERTISEMENT

Congratulations to Pitt on a great draft

Not surprising Penn State only had one draft pick. They return 9 offensive and 8 defensive starters. Next years draft will have completely different results with a top ten pick.

With only one draft pick (3rd round) yet still winning the B1G is actually quite remarkable.

Last edited:
We hear every year how great Ped St's recruiting class was but it is not translating to NFL players. Maybe it is the coaching?

Not surprising Penn State only had one draft pick. They return 9 offensive and 8 defensive starters. Next years draft will have completely different results with a top ten pick.

With only one draft pick (3rd round) yet still winning the B1G is actually quite remarkable.

Or the so called quite remarkable big is not so quite remarkable ..

With the number of picks we had in the first round, it again proves which team is the best college football team in the state of PA. We proved it on the field and we proved it in the draft.
To be fair, this was in 2016 and like Buffalo Bills point out Peterman played his Best against the Best in 2016 too. SEC & ACC playing each other more and more show why Big-10 with Four Top Ten Ranked Teams were Incest Scheduling and keep ending up weaker every year! The Big Ten is still the the Big Two and thus, Big Pretend. Look how bad OSU and MSU have been blown away in CFB NCS Invitational Bowls? Only OSU is competitive and soon joined by Michigan again.

We hear every year how great Ped St's recruiting class was but it is not translating to NFL players. Maybe it is the coaching?
The Paterno Error produced most NFL Busts in the NCAA FBS Modern Era and O'Brien & Franklin are continuing that Penn State NFL Tradition Facts so far that can't be Refuted by any Nittany Liars?

This was during Paterno's now proven Penn State Program lacking Athletic Integrity by Sanctions, Fines and 3 Independent Investigations and Curley-Schultz Testimony refuted The Paterno Family Paid for Own Experts Report!!

At least, Franklin is winning under Athletic integrity Rules now unlike Paterno's silence on many PSU Cover Ups, not just Sandusky?

Pitt lead the Commonwealth with 5 drat choices followed by Temple then Villanova

Congratulation to Kutztown who tied Penn State in draft picks this year.

H2P
...........And don't forget Lafayette too!

Pitt played these schools and Youngstown State had more players than PSU

But but but...

107k strong
Like I have always said and never refuted.....I NEVER saw one Fan in the Stands win any games?

Many Penn State Recruits end up sitting in the Stands and there Players end up in the Stands while Smart recruits choose Pitt and end up in NFL & Hall of Fames than Penn State's entire History of 4 & 5 Star Recruiting Failures later end up watching Pitt Players playing the NFL!

Or the so called quite remarkable big is not so quite remarkable ..
Big Pretend is still the Big Two and Jim Delany won't change it?

Another Paterno Legacy of Lacking Athletic Integrity Ashes to compete against them since 1993? Franklin is trying to challenge it, but so is Wisconsin, NU, Nebarska, Iowa and MSU and so far have not done it. The many Bottom Feeders pad the Big Ten Wins until Bowls Games against SEC, ACC, PAC-12, and Big-12 show up? The NFL Draft arrive and NFL HOF Busts are still OSU & Michigan and PITT too, with USC, ND, and BAMA!

They want to bring back a Statue saluting these Paterno failures? Nobody produced more NFL Bust costing NFL Clubs millions than Joseph Vincent Paterno and then did the same for NCAA, Department of Education Fines as well in the millions in College Football!

The way to salute the 409 Paterno Wins is to get the Paterno Family to pay for $409+ Millions it cost Penn State to get it! The NFL Clubs should file a Class Action Lawsuit on Coaching Malpractice on all the Penn State's NFL Draft Pick Failures costing millions too?

The Slogan should be Success with Silence Scandal's!

Last edited:
Reactions: caleco's
Since when is the core function of any college football coach to prepare their players for the draft? I thought it is was to win games on the gird iron, a feat the PSU coaching did very well last season considering all the injuries and inexperienced players they had to deal with.

Reactions: Nittany1997
But but but the recruiting.......and the 97k old farts from Pennsyltucky at the games

Since when is the core function of any college football coach to prepare their players for the draft? I thought it is was to win games on the gird iron, a feat the PSU coaching did very well last season considering all the injuries and inexperienced players they had to deal with.

Reactions: CaptainSidneyReilly
But but but the recruiting.......and the 97k old farts from Pennsyltucky at the games
Agreed but be careful "mocking" Pennsyltuckyians! Hillary and her supporters forgot about all the people between DC, Manhanttan, and Hollywood, and LA and it cost them bigtime!
Lots of great "Pennsytuckians" across the country they just happen to su-k in Nitterville State College!

Winning games without obeying and intentionally breaking Athletic Integrity and covering up PSU Players Crimes so they can play even when suspended, is not winning Games the Right Honorable Way while proclaiming Success With Honor is it?

Success With Scandal Cover Up is nothing to be proud of is it? Or do you have different view now? Franklin is winning the right way and doing it after Erickson and Joyner hired him!

To what data are you basing this comment? The B1G finished tops with four teams in T10 followed by only two each from ACC and PAC12, one each from SEC and B12.

You are over on a PITT forum.. PITT beat your nitters ... don't be mad still.

Based on the amount of guys we had drafted, we probably should have finished with more than 8 wins. For only having 1 guy drafted, penn State nearly made the college playoff and returns a lot. I'd trade their season for 5 draft picks every day of the week

The ultimate test in sports is a game between the two teams. PITT beat Ped St

Based on the amount of guys we had drafted, we probably should have finished with more than 8 wins. For only having 1 guy drafted, penn State nearly made the college playoff and returns a lot. I'd trade their season for 5 draft picks every day of the week

Reactions: RaleighPittFan
Comparisons of NFL 2017 Draft Results against 2016 W-L Record Schedule!
W/L-#Total Players-#NFL Draft-# Signed-School

L 12 - 8 - 4 Miami Loss By Lost By 23
L 12 - 6 - 6 North Carolina Loss By 1

W 9 - 6 - 3 Clemson Won By 1
L 8 - 4 - 4 Virginia Tech Lost by 3

8 - 5 - 3 Pitt
L 7 - 2 - 5 Oklahoma State Loss By 7
W 4 - 1 - 3 Penn State Won By 3
L 3 - 2 - 1 Northwestern Lost By 7
W 3 - 1- 2 Georgia Tech Won By 3
W 3 - 2 - 1 Villanova W By 21
W 2 - 0 - 2 Marshall Won By 16
W 1- 0 - 1 Duke Won By 32
W 1 - 0 - 1 Syracuse Won By 15
W 1 - 0 - 1 Virginia Won By 14

Last edited:

I'll trade nothing with the nitterS... IH8PSU

Reactions: Nittany1997
Winning games without obeying and intentionally breaking Athletic Integrity and covering up PSU Players Crimes so they can play even when suspended, is not winning Games the Right Honorable Way while proclaiming Success With Honor is it? What player and what crime did he commit are you referring to? Joe's players were known to get in his perverbial "dog house" for as little as skipping a class then suspended from the field. You knew Joe was tough on players and expected them to follow the script. No mistaking that.

Success With Scandal Cover Up is nothing to be proud of is it? Or do you have different view now? Franklin is winning the right way and doing it after Erickson and Joyner hired him!
Did not the latest court trail of Spanier prove otherwise - that there was no cover up? Yes, Franklin is now winning. Not sure why you bring Erickson and Joyner into the discussion.

Yeah, I would rather have more talent returning than leaving via the NFL draft.

I'd rather be 10-3 with nobody drafted by the NFL, than 8-5 with many drafted. Once they're gone I don't care about them anymore, except for James Conner, Scott Orndoff and Terrish Webb... but only because they joined the Steelers.

And how do you think this year will go? We were the favorite last year for a reason.

Depth Charts Players Back:
"Willie Lump, post: 1886336, member: 6705"]Did not the latest court trail of Spanier prove otherwise - that there was no cover up?
Really? How So? Put up the Links you claim said no Cover Up?
Did you Read Curley & Schultz's Pleas and Testimony Under Oath? They both said they wish they had more, so did Paterno? The Freeh, PAOAG, DOE, Investigations and C&S all Contradictions of the Paterno report that said "Coach" in Emails was Paterno not Sandusky, and confirmed, Paterno was uncomfortable in reporting Sandusky, meanwhile 3 more children were abused due to that silence, delays, and you say what now?Why were Penn State 2012 Athletic Integrity Reforms put in that prove PSU Violated Title IX, Clery Act and Sanctions were put in under a NCAA monitor? The NCAA Sanctions were reduced because Trustees, Erickson, Joyner all help put in the Reforms, do you have Links saying otherwise?

Yes, Franklin is now winning. Not sure why you bring Erickson and Joyner into the discussion.

Have to read how Cult Dolts on BWI keep attacking the PSU Trustees, Erickson and Joyner that Fired Paterno & Spanier brought in Franklin? Why has Al Lord of PS4RS resigned? Franklin and all Coaches at PSU in All Sports and Employees are now under those 2012 reform as well. To say there was no cover up undercuts your own honesty!

Last edited:
I'd rather be 10-3 with nobody drafted by the NFL, than 8-5 with many drafted. Once they're gone I don't care about them anymore, except for James Conner, Scott Orndoff and Terrish Webb... but only because they joined the Steelers.
Well, WVU went 10-3 and did not beat one ranked team, I would rather play #1 and #7 Ranked Conference Champions and beat them, then beat no ranked teams? If you really feel 8-5 was so bad then you should be blaming Conner, Orndoff and Webb with no exceptions since they lost 5 games??????? But you don't mention Peterman, Big Biz, Johnson, and Price???? Hmmmnnnn???? I think this Pitt Team did just fine in PN 2nd Year and with 3 Consensus All Americans added to Pitt History! You can disagree and be proud of WVU 10-3 and Shell?

Reactions: RaleighPittFan
Did not the latest court trail of Spanier prove otherwise - that there was no cover up? Yes, Franklin is now winning. Not sure why you bring Erickson and Joyner into the discussion.

No it did not. Not guilty and innocent are two different things. The prosecution couldn't prove there was a cover-up beyond a reasonable doubt. Doesn't mean it didn't happen.

No it did not. Not guilty and innocent are two different things. The prosecution couldn't prove there was a cover-up beyond a reasonable doubt. Doesn't mean it didn't happen.
The Penn State Football Scandal was more than Crimes that happen on Penn State Campus by Penn State Alumni and included Violations of NCAA Sanctions, DOE and DOJ violations of Clery Act and Title IX and C&S Testimony destroyed the Paterno family report paid Experts Analysis? The 400 PSU Employees that provided these allegations that required an investigation are still protected by the Trustees for good reason, they were Whistle Blowers too, but not Dismissed. The McQueary Whistle Blowing Judge admonished Penn State for challenging a Whistle Blower that was commended for telling the Truth on what he exposed. The PMA Insurance case revealed Depositions under Oath that Joe was told in 1970s and 1980s and PMA was exempt from covering any Legal Expenses after the Clause was removed by a PMA risk Manager's Investigations, Penn State is paying that out too, not the Insurers? If there was no Cover Ups why pay any Fines and Pay Millions to put in Athletic Integrity Reforms????

Additionally, Penn State paid this and NCAA Sanction Fines as well and spent millions in bringing Penn State into Athletic Integrity Compliance:

Bringing to an end a five-year investigation into sex offenses involving a former assistant football coach, the U.S. Department of Education announced Thursday that it will fine Pennsylvania State University nearly $2.4 million for failing to comply with federal crime disclosure laws. The fine covers 11 findings that the university violated the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act and the Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act. It is by far the largest fine ever imposed under the law. In a scathing report, the department said the university’s “football culture” was partially to blame for some of the violations..............
The investigation at Penn State took a similar path. The department began its investigation in 2011, following the arrest of the assistant football coach, Jerry Sandusky, for child abuse and amid allegations that some university officials had been aware of the abuse, which began at least 15 years earlier. The university fired both its president, Graham Spanier, and famed head football coach, Joe Paterno, during the resulting scandal. While the Education Department’s investigation was prompted by allegations that university officials turned a blind eye to Sandusky’s actions, the review turned up many other violations of the Clery Act that were unrelated to the football program.

The department said that while Sandusky was first indicted on the sex abuse charges five years ago, “even prior to the Sandusky indictment, the university had significant evidence that Sandusky posed a danger to the campus community.” In 2008, a local high school removed Sandusky as a volunteer coach after he allegedly sexually abused a young boy. In May 2010, Juniata College refused to hire Sandusky for a volunteer position after he failed to pass a routine background check. Beginning in January 2010, the university cooperated with the Pennsylvania attorney general’s office, which was investigating Sandusky.

At no point -- not in 2008, not in 2010 and not during the attorney general’s investigation -- did Penn State “take any action to warn the campus community about the potential risk posed by Sandusky’s continued presence on campus,” according to the department. When the allegations became public and the university tried to confiscate Sandusky’s keys to the football operations building and other campus facilities, he refused to return them. Despite Sandusky still having access to campus buildings, the university did not issue an emergency notification................

In its report, the department also “identified numerous instances where cultural and climate factors in the football program adversely affected campus safety operations, primarily involving the student conduct process.” University officials told the department’s investigators that there was “a discernible sense among some athletes that the rules did not apply to them equally,” and that Paterno “repeatedly resisted attempts” to discipline his athletes through the typical student conduct process. "The department described the program as though it had “walls built up around it"!
Read The Rest If You Can?
LINK:
https://www.insidehighered.com/news...-sanction-against-penn-state-clery-violations

Penn State emails drag Joe Paterno back into Jerry Sandusky scandal:
2012:

"CNN reported that university officials discussed — and later decided against — going to authorities after being told Sandusky was in the shower with a boy. According to emails cited by CNN, Paterno played a part in the decision not to go to authorities.
The report centered on emails between then-Penn State President Graham Spanier, Vice President Gary Schultz, and Athletic Director Tim Curley. In the emails from 2001, the administrators discuss a report that Sandusky had been caught in the shower in an indecent act with a boy.
In the emails, the officials consider contacting authorities, as well as going to Sandusky and his charity, The Second Mile, CNN reported.
But according to CNN, Curley wrote in an email that it might not be necessary to go to authorities “after giving it more thought and talking it over with Joe yesterday.”
That’s the only mention of the coach. And as a number of legal experts said Saturday, there is no public record at this point about any of the details of that reported conversation".............
LINK:
http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/07/emails_drag_joe_paterno_back_i.html

Last edited:
Well, WVU went 10-3 and did not beat one ranked team, I would rather play #1 and #7 Ranked Conference Champions and beat them, then beat no ranked teams? If you really feel 8-5 was so bad then you should be blaming Conner, Orndoff and Webb with no exceptions since they lost 5 games??????? But you don't mention Peterman, Big Biz, Johnson, and Price???? Hmmmnnnn???? I think this Pitt Team did just fine in PN 2nd Year and with 3 Consensus All Americans added to Pitt History! You can disagree and be proud of WVU 10-3 and Shell?

I'd rather just have a bigger RAW WIN NUMBER, losing to better teams or upsetting some really good ones is less appealing to me, sorry. 13-9 with a 5-7 record, was less satisfying than the year they went 10-3.

I'd rather just have a bigger RAW WIN NUMBER, losing to better teams or upsetting some really good ones is less appealing to me, sorry. 13-9 with a 5-7 record, was less satisfying than the year they went 10-3.
I accept your views being you, I think winning a Game against #2 or #1 is just as important and an achievement for a Team and includes all Players that did it, not just a few exceptions as you stated?

WVU beat no ranked teams in 2016 and blew away Oklahoma in 2007 after Pitt beat WVU 13-9?, which game did you enjoy more???

Pitt beat Two Conference Champions with USC doing the same thing! Beating Bottom Feeders and going 10-3 or 11-3 is also not a great achievement to me for 6 years Old Head Coaches and losing by a few and going 8-5 by a 1st & 2nd Year Head Coach and producing All Americans & Draft Picks are still achievements as well as beating National Champions, Big Ten and ACC Champions is also good as well.

I salute WVU going 10-3 and losing to Oklahoma State 37-20 in Mid-Season even while Pitt lost by 7 in Early Season, I found more exciting. WVU being Noncompetitive against Big-12 Oklahoma 56-28 was not as good as Pitt Beating National & ACC Champions 43-42 to me?

Finally, WVU 31-14 & PITT 51-28 losing to Miami was a show of equal losing. Pitt also beating a Big Ten Champion in the Top Ten was better than anything WVU and PSU did not do all season! I salute all 3 Teams for good games played in 2016, but Pitt had the far Tougher Schedule and beat Tougher Teams!

If you want to salute and find Western Michigan going 13-1 beating not one ranked Team that is fine too, and leave that up to your own judgments and you should become a MAC Fan?

I Prefer watching Pitt Playing VT ACC Coastal Champions and losing by 3, PSU Big Ten Champions and winning by 3, Clemson ACC National Champions winning by 1, and Oklahoma State Losing by 7 that Beat PAC-12 Colorado, PSU beating OSU by 3, PSU losing to USC by 3, all great games unlike WVU playing and beating no one at 10-3 just like Western Michigan beating no one and going 13-1?

Heck, Texas and Notre Dame both had losing seasons but played one better game than anything Western Michigan or WVU did in all of 2016???

RAW WINS against Nobodies, are like eating Raw Meat to me, seldom enjoy it and prefer playing SOMEBODY that can cook up a Big Win against Champions are better meals the taste better even if losing by a tad less?

Don't mind if you disagree, We can agree to disagree!

Last edited:

Screw the trial. It was a farce and there WAS a cover-up for decades. That is a well-known FACT. Period. The coaches and administration of PissU either participated in or promoted and condoned the child rapes since the 70's. That is why PissU shouldn't even be playing the game for at least 10 years. And that is why any results PissU gets on the field are irrelevant and meaningless. End of discussion.

Why is this even being discussed? That garbage program shouldn't even exist.

Screw the trial. It was a farce and there WAS a cover-up for decades. That is a well-known FACT. Period. The coaches and administration of PissU either participated in or promoted and condoned the child rapes since the 70's. That is why PissU shouldn't even be playing the game for at least 10 years. And that is why any results PissU gets on the field are irrelevant and meaningless. End of discussion.

Why is this even being discussed? That garbage program shouldn't even exist.
Amazing, Penn State goes on Sanctions, has 3 Alumni Convicted or Pleas, and the University President, and is paying over 250 millions in Fines, Jury Verdicts, and Settlements, and including being Sued by their Insurer that proved Joe was told in 1970s-80s and never reported it up, and PMA Insurance removed Children Abuse Protections Clauses from Coverage in early 1990s, Emails are found from 1998 that Spanier thought were destroyed in 2004, plus NCAA, DOJ & DOE largest Sanctions, Title IX-Clery Act Violations Fines in Educational & NCAA History, and with Al Lord having to resign and Civil Lawsuits against Penn State by its own Alumni all of sudden at a dead halt and there was No Cover Up according to Willie Lump?

I respect Willie on his Football Acumen because he makes great observations and insights on those aspects of College Football.

Still, Penn State Fans are not respected when they live in denial against Crimes, Compliance Violations, and NCAA Sanctions citing Lack of Institutional Control and Athletic Integrity, but somehow that translate that noting happen at Penn State under the Older Paterno Errors and the Paterno report Refuted by Curley & Schultz Testimony that it was Joe uncomfortable to report Sandusky, but they regret in Hindsight they should have done more, except Spanier?

ADVERTISEMENT