ADVERTISEMENT

Corey Evans info

Of course the blue bloods are going to take Puff Johnson away from us... can Sean Miller be fired and Arizona get the death penalty?

Reactions: Elsalvador
Of course the blue bloods are going to take Puff Johnson away from us... can Sean Miller be fired and Arizona get the death penalty?
I just saw a quote on twitter from Duke Vitale saying he heard the teams involved in the scandal were going to get hammered, but who knows

An article lists a handful of top 100 prospects that we're in good shape with (as an aside, 3 of those guys in a class is a top 20 class at least) and someone is complaining because one of them might be a long shot. Who gives a damn about Johnson if you get 2 or 3 of Hugley/Davis/Curbelo/Bridges/Gordon? That's exactly the sort of class that people were optimistic for in 2020.

An article lists a handful of top 100 prospects that we're in good shape with (as an aside, 3 of those guys in a class is a top 20 class at least) and someone is complaining because one of them might be a long shot. Who gives a damn about Johnson if you get 2 or 3 of Hugley/Davis/Curbelo/Bridges/Gordon? That's exactly the sort of class that people were optimistic for in 2020.

IMHO, we absolutely have to get a Hugley or another ACC level big in this next recruit class. If not, it doesn't matter the quality of guards and wings we may land because they won't get us to the upper half to 1/3rd of the ACC and the NCAAs without a quality ACC level big man on the roster.

I’m in agreement, I don’t think the importance of bringing in Hugley can be underestimated.

I was right about Morton and I will he right about Johnson. If Johnson doesnt enroll at Pitt next month or in December, we have a 0% chance at him. We arent beating blue bloods yet. Its UNC or Arizona.

I like what he said about Hugley and Davis. Davis plays on the same AAU team as Tim O'Toole's son so that should help but it didn't with Ethan Morton and Kofi Cockburn. We should be able to beat out schools such as Gtown and Marquette.

I was right about Morton and I will he right about Johnson. If Johnson doesnt enroll at Pitt next month or in December, we have a 0% chance at him. We arent beating blue bloods yet. Its UNC or Arizona.

I like what he said about Hugley and Davis. Davis plays on the same AAU team as Tim O'Toole's son so that should help but it didn't with Ethan Morton and Kofi Cockburn. We should be able to beat out schools such as Gtown and Marquette.

Arizona is not a blue blood. They recruit better sure but they are not blue blood like UNC Duke and Kansas are.

The only good thing about NC is they got 5* Cole that's coming in to start this coming season so maybe that may deter him

UNC is a serious contender for Caleb Love and DJ Steward so RJ is their fallback plan. Corey has his CB for RJ to Marquette. Be interesting to see where he visits and when he cuts his list.

Good to be in the conversation for guys like this.

I still think Davis is realistic, though it’ll get less realistic if they aren’t able to get him on campus in the near future.

Isaiah Wilson, the First Love and Team Final point guard from the city, has been picking up Big East offers (including Georgetown) and wouldn’t be the worst option to go down in the event that we lose out on all of the top few targets. Same with Lynn Greer from Philadelphia, who just posted last night that his recruitment is still wide open despite being a Temple legacy.

Reactions: Elsalvador
Horton/McGowens/Aiken/Murphy may be better options for one year than either of those guys if we can't land Davis/Curbelo/Hoggard/Farrakhan.

Horton/McGowens/Aiken/Murphy may be better options for one year than either of those guys if we can't land Davis/Curbelo/Hoggard/Farrakhan.
I’d pretty strongly disagree with Murphy and Aiken being part of a better option than Wilson or Greer. The fact is that I think we need a point guard in 2020 to guard against Xavier potentially leaving. If it’s Davis or one of those other guys, then they can step in seamlessly to fill X’s minutes as the feature player that spot. If it’s Wilson or Greer, then we might see a little more of a split between them and McGowens or Horton getting more minutes at PG.

Regardless, I’d rather have Wilson getting minutes at the point than Aiken, Murphy, or maybe even Horton - but I’ve liked Wilson as a player for a while now. If we do end up with a guy in that second tier, though, the fingers would definitely be crossed that Xavier would come back for his junior year.

I wouldn’t be so quick to dismiss GTown or Marquette. Ewing has some young, exciting pieces and WoJo has Markus Howard and a brand new facility to sell. Unfortunately these schools aren’t pushovers like they may have been at one time.

Throw in UCLA

All due respect to their history, but UCLA is not a blue blood any longer..

I’d pretty strongly disagree with Murphy and Aiken being part of a better option than Wilson or Greer.

Sorry let me clarify -- Greer won't get out of Philly - he will either go to Nova or Temple.

Wilson if we were high on him or he was on our radar as much as we have been out to see Gordon we would have gotten in on him early.

The staff knows who they have and who they are in good shape with as far as PG's and won't reach for someone like Wilson.

Arizona is not a blue blood. They recruit better sure but they are not blue blood like UNC Duke and Kansas are.

I know but they are on that next level with Syr, MSU, UCLA, Lou, Florida, etc. Still extremely difficult to beat those. Then throw in Cam living an hour up the road.

I know but they are on that next level with Syr, MSU, UCLA, Lou, Florida, etc. Still extremely difficult to beat those. Then throw in Cam living an hour up the road.

I get you and the NCAA seems scared to touch Arizona. I wouldn't have Syracuse on that list though imo.

Yeah that could be true if he's as good as they say he (Cole) is. I was just trying to feel like there's a little bit of Hope LOL

Davis isn’t looking likely. Maybe you keep a foot in the water just in case, but I think looking elsewhere is the best option.

Hugley is really the only guy we’re currently on that id feel comfortable locking horns with the big boys for. The staff did an excellent job iso’ing on him early on before the sharks started to circle so that should carry some weight. The Evans article was nice to see, although while I think he’s a good guy and appreciate the Pitt coverage, he generally paints a rosier picture with us than reality might dictate (see Quinerly).

Reactions: Tonyt66
Being that RJ and JC have a really good relationship maybe he doesn't have to use up 1 of his 5 official visits. Do you think that's possible?

Being that RJ and JC have a really good relationship maybe he doesn't have to use up 1 of his 5 official visits. Do you think that's possible?
I think it’s more a case of them preferring to get him on campus as soon as possible, even if it’s an unofficial during the quiet period, given the way he’s blown up this summer. They can always circle back for a potential official this fall when we get a little more flexibility with our visit count.

I agree with that totally! It would be a great class to get him and Timberlake and Hughley. That would give us a top-10 or 15 class.
And help put us back on track as a elite team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT