ADVERTISEMENT

Corey Evans on Pitt recruiting

That's about as good of a summary of our best shots as there is (although I personally don't believe there is much of a shot with Cohill.)

The real bellwether for me is Forrester. They just seem to have put so much time in with him and have indicated in several circles how much of a priority he is.

Corey Evans is usually very good.

If Drinnon actually officially visits, (we are his first scheduled) I think we have to be considered as having a shot at him.

If Griffin does not verbal to Kansas, I think we have to be considered to have a shot at him.

And.. of course there is the 2 JC guards: Kingsby and Jones

Sow and Seymour indicated they might like to visit and Thamba made an unofficial.

If Drinnon actually officially visits, (we are his first scheduled) I think we have to be considered as having a shot at him.

If Griffin does not verbal to Kansas, I think we have to be considered to have a shot at him.

Sow and Seymour indicated they might like to visit and Thamba made an unofficial.
Good stuff Gary. Thanks for all the effort you put into being on top of things.

Reactions: Jpripper88

The question (or concern) here is how one defines "realistic" shot at getting someone. Does it mean a 25% or more chance. I don't know, of course.

I don't know who the leader is for Forrester, but I hope we are right up there.

We just might "lead" with the JUCO guards, but a commitment from one or both of them would do nothing to change my concern that recruiting under Stallings has not improved from recruiting under Dixon following his 2013 class.

The question (or concern) here is how one defines "realistic" shot at getting someone. Does it mean a 25% or more chance. I don't know, of course.

We just might "lead" with the JUCO guards, but a commitment from one or both of them would do nothing to change my concern that recruiting under Stallings has not improved from recruiting under Dixon following his 2013 class.

I would say if you receive an official visit (1 of 5), you are being considered. An early visit is better,. It gives you a chance to close on the visit. How realistic your chances are even if you receive a visit, can be another matter.

I don't know how good the JC guards are. (Video shows them to be quick and tough. One has a jump shot where he throws his feet forward (don't like that). If Stallings believes they are equal to or better than the guards he has a "realistic" chance at, maybe it is an attempt to restore class balance.

My top 3 recruits (with no regard to recruiting rankings) would be:

Drinnon (a true point guard)
Bey (could be "the man")
Thamba (a physical presence we need)

Doubt these are Stallings top 3 - don't know how realistic they are

My top 3 recruits (with no regard to recruiting rankings) would be:

Drinnon (a true point guard)
Bey (could be "the man")
Thamba (a physical presence we need)

Doubt these are Stallings top 3 - don't know how realistic they are
What is Drinnon's first name?

Fun fact: I went to grade school with Sam Vecenie (same grade) and high school with Corey Evans (year ahead of me). That I went to school with two nationally-recognized sports writers, yet am sitting here typing this post, tells you all you need to know about how my adolescence went!

ADVERTISEMENT