ADVERTISEMENT

Coulibaly - down to 2

I thought Phil Martelli was stepping down. If we want him, then this should be a no-brainer for him.

Coulibaly is a Stallings/Dixon II level player. Wouldnt be bad as your 4th or 5th recruit to round out a class. Hopefully we can some higher level players. I know, I know, Xavier Johnson. But players rated that low dont work out that ofte

Coulibaly is a Stallings/Dixon II level player. Wouldnt be bad as your 4th or 5th recruit to round out a class. Hopefully we can some higher level players. I know, I know, Xavier Johnson. But players rated that low dont work out that ofte
I look at Coulibaly and see Talib Zanna’s potential. Similar length and athleticism, and similar rawness. But he’s far better at this stage than Peace or, god love him, Samson.

I look at Coulibaly and see Talib Zanna’s potential. Similar length and athleticism, and similar rawness. But he’s far better at this stage than Peace or, god love him, Samson.
He can take Samson George’s place on the roster as a developmental big. That is an upgrade and still leaves a lot of open ‘ships.

Reactions: JohnnyGossamer

He's only 6'8. More of a 3 and a half. As I said, Im ok with him to fill out a class but I wouldnt offer too many more of guys ranked this low. I wouldnt call him a "reach" but he's not that far from it.

You have very little to no clue what you are talking about here.

He's a 6'8" long armed bigger bodied kid who can catch and finish on the blocks as well as shoot 3s. He's exactly the kind of player who would fit in with this group.

You have very little to no clue what you are talking about here.

He's a 6'8" long armed bigger bodied kid who can catch and finish on the blocks as well as shoot 3s. He's exactly the kind of player who would fit in with this group.

He’s a high motor guy and can guard many positions. Pitt wants him has been under the radar but he is a Capel type of player.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
I thought Phil Martelli was stepping down. If we want him, then this should be a no-brainer for him.

He should step down, either voluntarily or nudged out. Guy is 160-151 over the past decade and has never shown me that he’s even an average gameday coach. That program needs a fresh start.

Don't we need depth and players that develop.....or is that a non existent concept today?

Some players don't make the rotation the first year, the get better in practice and help later......And Capel has earned my trust

Also ESPN has him as a 4 star....not sure what that means

Don't we need depth and players that develop.....or is that a non existent concept today?

Some players don't make the rotation the first year, the get better in practice and help later......And Capel has earned my trust

Also ESPN has him as a 4 star....not sure what that means
I know what it means, but the site has rules against calling other posters names.

coming from the guy who predicted 0 wins in conference is a Real Possibility about a 1000 times.

Does anyone know a time table on him or Qudus Wahab? Coulibaly is a 4 star on ESPN and 24/7 has him as the 223 overall player in the country. I don't know how people think he is a reach, but you hope he isn't the headliner of the class.

Coulibaly is going to take visits to both schools before making a decision.

"People" don't think he's a reach; only the resident chicken little does.

Does anyone know a time table on him or Qudus Wahab? Coulibaly is a 4 star on ESPN and 24/7 has him as the 223 overall player in the country. I don't know how people think he is a reach, but you hope he isn't the headliner of the class.

He's only 6'8. More of a 3 and a half. As I said, Im ok with him to fill out a class but I wouldnt offer too many more of guys ranked this low. I wouldnt call him a "reach" but he's not that far from it.
From the Cheap Seats; at this stage he sounds like a Cam Johnson type player now. A Jack of all trades and a master of none. If he can progress as Cam did, he would be worth a shot. Decisions, decisions.

My technical skills are lacking but I copied and pasted the 247 profile of Coulabily and compared it with Xavier Johnson's from last year (see below). You will see Coulabily is rated higher. Not saying he will be X, but if Capel wants him then we fans should want him.

Coulabily:
247Sports Composite®
NATL.

Johnson:
247SPORTS COMPOSITE®
Natl.

Reactions: CaptainMurphy
Wasnt it posted here that this kid is only 17 years old? If thats the case then there is a lot of premature talk on a big man that isnt even 18 yet. Dickinson is over 18 already.

Given the number of scholaships we have available, this guy could come in
and redshirt. Brown and Chuka are both back plus maybe two other Bigs. If
that were to occur, Coulibaly could easily redshirt next season. I'm assuming
the two other big recruits would be better players.
We already are going to have a rotation of seven players before any recruits.
Those seven are X, McGowens, Toney, Ellison, Brown, Chuka, and Davis.
The new players could easiy number at least five. A few of them joining the
rotation would give us nine who could play. Redshirts next year are a real
possibility IMO. Redshirts???....Who woulda guessed it?

My bet is that both Coulibaly and Drumgoole commit to us.
I posted last night the twins have been tweeting a bunch of Pitt stuff and adding a bunch of Pitt people. I think its very possible we are getting the Champagnie twins and Dickinson too. The way I read it is we are leading or in the top 2 for all these guys. We are going to get a number of these players I think.

Slater just cb'd Coulibaly to Tulane. So now multiple experts are saying completely different things. I'll throw my hat in the ring and say Coulibaly does not have a firm offer from Pitt. And I'll double down that if Pitt gets the twins we probably never had a firm offer for him. I'm just guessing here. But there is too much momentum with the twins recently and Dickinson too. Throw in Wahab and thats 4 frontcourt players already.

Slater just cb'd Coulibaly to Tulane. So now multiple experts are saying completely different things. I'll throw my hat in the ring and say Coulibaly does not have a firm offer from Pitt. And I'll double down that if Pitt gets the twins we probably never had a firm offer for him. I'm just guessing here. But there is too much momentum with the twins recently and Dickinson too. Throw in Wahab and thats 4 frontcourt players already.
Exactly! Nothing to worry about.

Definitely peculiar with the CB to Tulane. Agreed that his offer is contingent on other higher rated prospects and the likelihood of them committing to Pitt at some point. The twins "could" re-class to 2019, per reports. Not sure about Dickinson, even though he's probably a top target for the 2020 class anyways. Lots of front court guys - good call. Dickinson will be tough to come by, but Capel knows his recruiting board and where they stand with recruits more than us.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
If we lose him to St Joe’s that’s an embarrassment...that school has NOTHING on Pitt at all.

How is it an embarrassment......Kids pick schools far a bunch of different reasons......IF he signs with Pitt great........if not.....its his choice.........Capel will fill this class with the players he needs to further improve the team

Love the momentum..

Love the momentum..

56545249.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT