ADVERTISEMENT

counrty roads

benchwarmer04

Sophomore
Oct 30, 2004
WV teachers(and public servants)got well deserved wage upgrades. good for them. working wv for almost 20 years showed me personally, what fine caring HONEST INDIVIDUALS THERE are IN THE STATE. get them with firewater,talking sports,and you've some vicious dangerous cretins. we soon forgot how nice it was not to deal with their insufferable sportsfans. get ready to do all over again.

WV teachers(and public servants)got well deserved wage upgrades. good for them. working wv for almost 20 years showed me personally, what fine caring HONEST INDIVIDUALS THERE are IN THE STATE. get them with firewater,talking sports,and you've some vicious dangerous cretins. we soon forgot how nice it was not to deal with their insufferable sportsfans. get ready to do all over again.

Was it a 13 or 9 % increase..

5% for teachers, 5% for support personnel, 5% for state employees.

5,000 - 6,000 teachers squeezed into the Capitol to demonstrate every day since it started. More were lined up outside. The legislature finally caved and passed the raise deal unanimously in both houses, suspending the rules to “get er done”.

This is good for ChazzMo since he is a state employee.

What makes it well deserved? Personally, I do not know any of these teachers but I would imagine (from growing up with public education) there was a fair amount of undeserving lumped in...Teachers, as a group, are the most underpaid and at the same time overpaid folks in the workforce. Great ones do not make nearly enough while slugs in the system make way too much.

Reactions: FallingRun84
As a pragmatic libertarian minded person, What makes this good imo is that the teachers got what they wanted, except no immediate fix to the PEIA - which interestingly enough is what they clamored for 10 days ago. "not about the pay!!!"

However, taxes apparently will not increase and the funds were taken from other portions of the budget. WV has balanced budget amendment in the state constitution. So people living in Bernie Sanders land cant pick off $100 bills off the magical money trees and have them delivered by unicorns. Seeing is believing when it comes to taxes not increasing, but have no choice than to take the legislators at their word for now.

I still wish public sector unions would cease to exist. If they were certain Eyetalian people in the NY/NJ area, they would be brought up on RICO charges.

Like in most business there are fabulous teachers (workers)average teachers and below average teachers.I'm sure you people see this where you work too.Yes unions protect some that shouldn't be protected but also it protects some that should be.Believe it or not unions helped made this country great and also helped to tear it down.The government of Wva was in a no win situation in this one.Underpaid people and no money to pay them,what do you do?I'm not a very smart person but from where I sit I see a severe shortage of teachers in the near future.What intelligent person would go into education,run up $100,000 in student loans and get a job making $35,000 to 40,000.Try paying your bills and that loan back with that salary.Plus they have to put up with the way today's society operates!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT