ADVERTISEMENT

Cowherd said its official

IMO PItt wouldnt be a bottom feeder in the BIG 10 .

HARDLY. I would love to see PItt in the BIG 10 .
The only thing i know , is that Heinz would be sold out almost every game being in the Big 10.
I just hope the ACC gets a couple decent schools after this new bomb settles.
That's what Maryland and Rutgers said too. The only way you fill stadiums is by winning and creating buzz.

Reactions: FireballZ
I love pitt , went to almost every game from 2000- 2013 / they cant win a champ anymore, and its def. not the players fault.

Reactions: HOF Coach
WVUs leadership is miles ahead of Pitt’s and has been for years. Pitt underachieves routinely. Don’t be surprised if WVU STILL outperforms Pitt even if it is in a lesser conference. There are going to be 12 spots in CFP.

I’d much rather be in the ACC, like Pitt. However, I’d much rather be WVU than Pitt....a metro school with no significant tradition or identify of any sort.
Well thanks for letting us know that a wvu fan likes wvu more then pitt. Definitely a surprise. Maybe we can get a psu fan to give us his opinion on if he likes his team or Pitt better.

That will be great as interest in major college football will be reduced over time as there will be only 32 relevant teams.

College football has a huge market because more than 100 schools are in the top level.
Agree if I do think if there is one 32 team supper league it will lose interest as fans of schools like Pitt Virginia Maryland etc won't have the same interest if their teams aren't involved

In every discussion about Big Ten expansion, Pitt is mentioned. Google if you don’t believe me. Once again I will remind my fellow Pitt fans that Pitt is more attractive than you think….
Honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised if the Big Ten went after us. Not that I think we’re the most appealing option, but I’m not entirely impressed by their new commissioner. They seem to be a bit unpredictable in terms of what direction they’ll go.

WVUs leadership is miles ahead of Pitt’s and has been for years. Pitt underachieves routinely. Don’t be surprised if WVU STILL outperforms Pitt even if it is in a lesser conference. There are going to be 12 spots in CFP.

I’d much rather be in the ACC, like Pitt. However, I’d much rather be WVU than Pitt....a metro school with no current identify of any sort. The direction of college football doesn’t favor the Pitt, BC, Syracuse sorts.
And I'd rather have 9 national championships and a full set of teeth.

Not to mention leadership that didn't lead us into a evaporating conference in another timezone.

I’d much rather be in the ACC, like Pitt. However, I’d much rather be WVU than Pitt....a metro school with no current identify of any sort. The direction of college football doesn’t favor the Pitt, BC, Syracuse sorts.
LOL, have fun in the MAC.

But they’d still get into a 12-team playoff going 11-1 or 12-0 against an easy schedule that is cobbled together. The playoff needs to be 6 or 8 teams and then each conference needs to play 10 conference games to get ND to consider.

The ACC is contractually obligated to provide ND with 5 opponents a year.

I suspect that USC, Stanford and Navy will still want to schedule ND.

That is 8 games a year baked into ND's schedule.

Can they find four more good/decent opponents a year? I think so.

LOL, have fun in the MAC.

AAC or CUSA, their 247 overall ranking kills them. We align perfectly with the no give a crap about good football ACC, it's perfect for our eggheads, so depending on where each person stands , road games to Duke NC STATE, GTECH, WAKE, is our lifeblood

What's even worse, just like the Big East, conference caught again not prepared, ah ah ah , we were just getting ready to add Texas and Ok, like just nest week. Lmao. ACC LEADERSHIP, brings back suing memories of the old Big East, Bucky and Slick Donny Osmond

Last edited:
hey wanny . did you pledge ?
'

Yes, but let me add, Bozik was a horrible AD, but we could come back from him with heavy lifting by all of us, what Nordy and Pedey did, Pitt football will never come back , there is the difference. But Wanny, you know Pedey wife sang with the Pittsburgh Symphony, IDGAF then or now

Yes, but let me add, Bozik was a horrible AD, but we could come back from him with heavy lifting by all of us, what Nordy and Pedey did, Pitt football will never come back , there is the difference. But Wanny, you know Pedey wife sang with the Pittsburgh Symphony, IDGAF then or now
i knew i would get a sob story .

Honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised if the Big Ten went after us. Not that I think we’re the most appealing option, but I’m not entirely impressed by their new commissioner. They seem to be a bit unpredictable in terms of what direction they’ll go.
Pitt may not be on top of the list, but they will be in the discussion.

Look we can talk about the history of hoops, married couples being previously related and lack of teeth but let's stick to FB. The P5 conferences are all going to change due to the move by TX and OK.

Reactions: WVUinColumbus
Look we can talk about the history of hoops, married couples being previously related and lack of teeth but let's stick to FB. The P5 conferences are all going to change due to the move by TX and OK.
Completely agree. Have no idea if it’s happened yet, but B1G inviting Clemson, FSU, Miami and GT makes too much sense. They MUST have a presence in the South and Florida due to recruiting. This is the sort of impetus to have them respond.

Even if it’s the lesser program in ATL, having a share of that market would be meaningful for B1G.

Ok so the acc can sit around and get poached instead of being proactive and adding the best fit with the worst case scenario being retaining over 93% of their current revenue
You are panicking over a blog rumor. If there is any meat on this bone the ACC will be pro active.

• Haha
Reactions: WeaverIsComing
You are panicking over a blog rumor. If there is any meat on this bone the ACC will be pro active.
Panicking? Lol. It's not difficult to figure out what is real and what isn't. I put it out because it is funny. I don't panic about the college football landscape.. Regardless WVU is the only school with a strong football program that makes any geographic sense to add.

Panicking? Lol. It's not difficult to figure out what is real and what isn't. I put it out because it is funny. I don't panic about the college football landscape.. Regardless WVU is the only school with a strong football program that makes any geographic sense to add.
LOL,,,,,,,,bro cheese this is only football.

Completely agree. Have no idea if it’s happened yet, but B1G inviting Clemson, FSU, Miami and GT makes too much sense. They MUST have a presence in the South and Florida due to recruiting. This is the sort of impetus to have them respond.

Even if it’s the lesser program in ATL, having a share of that market would be meaningful for B1G.
None of those ACC schools are joining the B1G.

I've seen Virginia mentioned by some. Anyone who thinks Virginia is going to whore themselves over football money have no clue.

AAC or CUSA, their 247 overall ranking kills them.
Like I said, have fun in the MAC. Their conference payout will drop to a third of what it was.

They're finished.

Reactions: TFBaum
What does WVU bring? Televisions, academics.

The state is bleeding with the continuing loss of population. The highest in the nation.
But it can be the ACC's long anticipated foray into the desirable crystal meth market.

I guess so. It was the same leadership that turned down an invite from your now Big 8 while yours was chasing SEC jackalopes.
While it wouldn’t have been good for Pitt, part of me wished we joined the Big XII when we moved to Kansas City. The road trips would’ve been much easier.. for me that is! ;)

heres 1 thing i know....... the seat of comfort.....is a muse.
No one should feel secure right now, but I feel better being in the ACC with the GOR through 2036 than I would in being in the B12 or even the Pac. So many moving parts.

The only real counter move within a contiguous geographical footprint that the B10 has is to pull ND, and that isn't happening as long as the ACC sticks together which looks like it pretty much has to for another decade. That may mean the only other real counter, this decade at least, is to rip out the core of the Pac, or do nothing. I can't see the B10 expanding just for expansion sake by adding an B12 remnants. That doesn't make sense to me.

No one should feel secure right now, but I feel better being in the ACC with the GOR through 2036 than I would in being in the B12 or even the Pac. So many moving parts.

The only real counter move within a contiguous geographical footprint that the B10 has is to pull ND, and that isn't happening as long as the ACC sticks together which looks like it pretty much has to for another decade. That may mean the only other real counter, this decade at least, is to rip out the core of the Pac, or do nothing. I can't see the B10 expanding just for expansion sake by adding an B12 remnants. That doesn't make sense to me.
The ND joining a conference continued chatter is amusing. They’ll never join a conference prior to conference format collapsing in a few years.

B1G adding the 4 schools I previously listed doesn’t make sense from B1G historical sense. However, I truly do think they finally realize that the moves they make must be driven by football. I’ll eat a hat if they invite Kansas. I think it’s possible they could reach out to USC and Oregon but their geographic isolation is a really big issue.

Just because Pitt is a member of ACC, and this is a Pitt board, doesn’t mean that reasonable thoughts can’t be delivered that might be detrimental to Pitt. Who cares? Tons of stuff is detrimental to WVU and I’m very comfortable acknowledging it. I don’t have a need for positive affirmation to make me feel better. What is reasonable? Those schools I listed. Recruiting for B1G is a MAJOR issue. Thamel even listed these schools.

I won’t gloat too much about Pitt’s current situation. All it takes is Clemson going to the SEC or B10, and suddenly we’re not any better off than the PAC 12 or the Big 12.

Reactions: JSSTartan
The ND joining a conference continued chatter is amusing. They’ll never join a conference prior to conference format collapsing in a few years.

B1G adding the 4 schools I previously listed doesn’t make sense from B1G historical sense. However, I truly do think they finally realize that the moves they make must be driven by football. I’ll eat a hat if they invite Kansas. I think it’s possible they could reach out to USC and Oregon but their geographic isolation is a really big issue.

Just because Pitt is a member of ACC, and this is a Pitt board, doesn’t mean that reasonable thoughts can’t be delivered that might be detrimental to Pitt. Who cares? Tons of stuff is detrimental to WVU and I’m very comfortable acknowledging it. I don’t have a need for positive affirmation to make me feel better. What is reasonable? Those schools I listed. Recruiting for B1G is a MAJOR issue. Thamel even listed these schools.

Like it or not, the ACC grant of rights, 3X annual exit fee, and network likely makes it prohibitive for the B10 to raid the ACC this decade. If the GOR ended in 2026, instead of 2036, I might agree with that. Still, I don't think the B10 going south is a good counter for what the SEC is pulling.

I also think the one weakness of the SEC, even with UT and OU, is its geographical isolation. It is still contained largely in the deep south, eschewing the entire north, west coast, and northeast, making it still a regional conference with a relatively limited regional footprint. NASCAR if you will compared to the NFL. Very popular, but mostly regionally compartmentalized. If the B10 moves into the west with big brands like USC, UCLA, and Washington, it becomes a much more national conference than the SEC stretching from coast to coast. If it moves into the Southeast with mediocre football brands like UVA and UNC, I don't see how that does nearly as much for them. Geography on its own isn't as important as it was when they took RU and MD. You want a combination of geography and brand.

Last edited:
Reactions: singregardless
Like it or not, the ACC grant of rights, 3X annual exit fee, and network likely makes it prohibitive for the B10 to raid the ACC this decade. If the GOR ended in 2026, instead of 2036, I might agree with that. Still, I don't think the B10 going south is a good counter for what the SEC is pulling.

I also think the one weakness of the SEC, even with UT and OU, is its geographical isolation. It is still contained largely in the deep south, eschewing the entire north, west coast, and northeast, making it still a regional conference with a relatively limited regional footprint. NASCAR if you will compared to the NFL. Very popular, but regionally compartmentalized. If the B10 moves into the west with big brands like USC, UCLA, and Washington, it becomes a much more national conference than the SEC stretching from coast to coast. If it moves into the Southeast with mediocre football brands like UVA and UNC, I don't see how that does nearly as much for them. Geography on its own isn't as important as it was when they took RU and MD.
The South is much closer for TOSU and others versus California, etc. It all comes down to recruiting footprint for the B1G. TOSU can recruit anywhere but the others can’t. They must be able to recruit from more than Midwest. Number of recruits in West is significantly less than the South/FLA/TX.

This is perfect opportunity for B1G to finally achieve a hold in the South. The GOR won’t be a detriment if all hell breaks loose. Those are mostly for isolated instances like MD leaving for B1G.

Last edited:
This is perfect opportunity for B1G to finally achieve a hold in the South. The GOR won’t be a detriment if all hell breaks loose. Those are mostly for isolated instances like MD leaving for B1G.
The GOR probably won’t matter if a conference just completely collapses under the weight of a mass exodus. Like what you’re about to see in the Big 12.

But that isn’t going to happen in the ACC if for no other reason than there isn’t anywhere to mass exodus to for all these schools.

The GOR probably won’t matter if a conference just completely collapses under the weight of a mass exodus. Like what you’re about to see in the Big 12.

But that isn’t going to happen in the ACC if for no other reason than there isn’t anywhere to mass exodus to for all these schools.
I could see B1G and SEC continuing to add teams. It COULD come from PAC for B1G but geography isolates the PAC so much from all of this. It’s also a very weak conference.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT