ADVERTISEMENT

Cry me a river wvu......

If academics matter so much why did the Big10 pick Nebraska over Pitt?
Well......they already had a footprint in Pittsburgh with PSU. Nebraska they thought were giving them a westward expansion, rabid fanbase and new market. Though small. Then they completely said screw tradition and just went strictly market driven with Rutgers and Maryland.

If we're going to be a 7 and 5 team every year I'd rather be in the Big Ten since the bowls would be much better. JMO

One thing, going back to the original post. WVU football has completely disappeared from the landscape of Pittsburgh sports. They get no more coverage or mention than say Missouri now. So this move, and there are many WVU alums in Western Pa, but the local media used to always have WVU football on their radar, they are absolutely irrelevant now.

One thing, going back to the original post. WVU football has completely disappeared from the landscape of Pittsburgh sports. They get no more coverage or mention than say Missouri now. So this move, and there are many WVU alums in Western Pa, but the local media used to always have WVU football on their radar, they are absolutely irrelevant now.
Recruits I don't know about disappearing from the Pittsburgh media I watch the local news and they give scores and updates on Wvu.We haven't been very good in football and I think that has effected the coverage.I know this is a football board but the Pittsburgh media gives Wvu very good BB coverage.I guess they like the old,drunken,straight shooter of a coach we have.

Recruits I don't know about disappearing from the Pittsburgh media I watch the local news and they give scores and updates on Wvu.We haven't been very good in football and I think that has effected the coverage.I know this is a football board but the Pittsburgh media gives Wvu very good BB coverage.I guess they like the old,drunken,straight shooter of a coach we have.
I agree with you on Hoops, and that is why I specifically mentioned football and not basketball. Everyone loves Huggy. And respect him, he has earned that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT