ADVERTISEMENT

Cry me a river wvu......

They only scored 13 points so that isn’t going to get it done in the Big 12.

They are on abc at 3:30 and you guys are asking your parents for their log in info and password so you can watch accn production where the camera follows the wrong guy and you miss the play.

but yeah, who cares.
I appreciated missing a few first down plays to know how I can save money on my prescriptions.

I appreciated missing a few first down plays to know how I can save money on my prescriptions.
Haha - for me it was State Farm insurance. Same 2 commercials over and over (Mahomes with the cornhole and Rogers throwing the ball to his dog). I bet I saw them each 10-12 times during the broadcast.

Ei7ifMhWoAIzPOY

Reactions: Musikprince
I’m the last person who’d be a WVU fan. But honestly, I have a bit of sympathy for their plight.

Pitt was quite fortunate to have gotten the ACC invitation; WVU’s only Power Five option was the Big 12. If it wasn’t for the ACC, we’d be in the same geographically miserable position as the Hoopies are.

I suspect that if the ACC expanded again (not including Notre Dame), WVU would be on the ACC’s short list - unless Maryland would wanna return.

I’m the last person who’d be a WVU fan. But honestly, I have a bit of sympathy for their plight.

Pitt was quite fortunate to have gotten the ACC invitation; WVU’s only Power Five option was the Big 12. If it wasn’t for the ACC, we’d be in the same geographically miserable position as the Hoopies are.

I suspect that if the ACC expanded again (not including Notre Dame), WVU would be on the ACC’s short list - unless Maryland would wanna return.
Yeah, poor them. They have been on prime time abc dating back 4 years and they compete in the big 12 in football and hoops, a conference that pays out quite well.

Yeah I know, their women’s soccer team has terrible flights and their football fans have to travel to such desolate places like Austin, Norman and Oklahoma City. Such a terrible thing.

That silly big 12 that plays everyone and doesn’t break up their conference with 2 divisions where they play a team in their conference once every 6 years. Could you imagine being in a conference where every team plays each other? What weird nonsense is that?

And no real rivals either. Not like us against our real rival of.....Syracuse?

Yeah, poor them. They have been on prime time abc dating back 4 years and they compete in the big 12 in football and hoops, a conference that pays out quite well.

Yeah I know, their women’s soccer team has terrible flights and their football fans have to travel to such desolate places like Austin, Norman and Oklahoma City. Such a terrible thing.

That silly big 12 that plays everyone and doesn’t break up their conference with 2 divisions where they play a team in their conference once every 6 years. Could you imagine being in a conference where every team plays each other? What weird nonsense is that?

And they have been just as successful or better than pitt in hoops and football combined. Poor them....

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof
If WVU wasn’t in the Big 12 they would be at home next week against Tulane or East Carolina. They are fortunate that Oliver Luck did the Teddy Roosevelt charge up San Juan Hill impression and got them in a major conference. Other than that they will never be in the ACC and they can eat a $hit sandwich until the end of recorded time. Screw WVU

Bottom line if the mountainquuers had a choice they would be out of the b12 for the ACC before the phone was hung up.
I’m sure the additional 5-7 million they get from the b12 is more than offset by the additional travel costs.

Wvcc grad Zelda coming to the hillbillies defense. Keep up the bleeding heart for them. Now call me some names etc. This is a Pitt message board and wvcc would more than jump at the chance to join the ACC.

Last edited:

I do believe Duke and North Carolina would block any attempt of wvcc joining the ACC. Crazy Paco could educate the reasons why due to poor academics and fan behaviors.

Reactions: Panther Parrothead
My God guys give Brown at least 4 years before you deem him a failure.Just like the Acc saved Pitt the Big12 saved Wvu.It's not like you can jump in your car and drive to Miama,Fla St,Ga Tech.Wow your rival is ............. by the way who is it?I'll go out on a limb here and say we'll show up at Heinz Field in two years and give you a game and it won't be a running mercy rule clock the seconday half.

I do believe Duke and North Carolina would block any attempt of wvcc joining the ACC. Crazy Paco could educate the reasons why due to poor academics and fan behaviors.
Paco says we can't get into the ACC because we only have 4,871 tv sets in WVa.

Point well taken, but....that academic argument was taken apart the day that the ACC offered Louisville.

On the day that L-ville got their invitation, I went to their Rivals board to see what their fans were saying. What I saw was that their fans were giddy with excitement; several actually admitted that they never thought that the ACC would offer, because their academics were so inferior!

Reactions: pierre93
Point well taken, but....that academic argument was taken apart the day that the ACC offered Louisville.

On the day that L-ville got their invitation, I went to their Rivals board to see what their fans were saying. What I saw was that their fans were giddy with excitement; several actually admitted that they never thought that the ACC would offer, because their academics were so inferior!
Agree and that was kinda a head scratcher too.

Losing their FL pipeline really hurt the program. If we're being honest with ourselves, the Big12 is Texas and Oklahoma and the rest of the gang is pretty similar to the Coastal. WVU has done a nice job of staying near the top of that bunch but they have many of the same problems as Pitt that won't be solved until they bring in better talent.

Haha - for me it was State Farm insurance. Same 2 commercials over and over (Mahomes with the cornhole and Rogers throwing the ball to his dog). I bet I saw them each 10-12 times during the broadcast.
Some NFL qb's are more marketable than others.

Oh give it a break. Conferences don't give two shits about academic rankings. They care about $

The ACC picked Louisville over WVU.

If academics matter so much why did the Big10 pick Nebraska over Pitt?
I think that at some point, academics did play a part in conference invitations, but that ship sailed a while ago. Now it's all about money - especially the size of the TV viewing audience. That, I'm guessing, hurts WVU because of WV's population size and how many viewers that they'd bring to the broadcasts.

I think that at some point, academics did play a part in conference invitations, but that ship sailed a while ago. Now it's all about money - especially the size of the TV viewing audience. That, I'm guessing, hurts WVU because of WV's population size and how many viewers that they'd bring to the broadcasts.
Not really
Hence the clown college of Florida state was admitted along with Virginia tech

WVU adds nothing to the ACC in terms of market and viewers. Same reason Pitt was never considered for the big 10.

Not really
Hence the clown college of Florida state was admitted along with Virginia tech
I can't comment on FSU, but I'm sure that VA legislators were strong in wanting VaTech in the ACC as a natural rivalry for UVA.

The same argument could've been made for Pitt's entry into the Big 10 - as a natural rival for the Nits. But Paterno put the brakes on that - at least according to Gordon Gee. (I'm sure that you've heard that interview that's available somewhere online.)

Reactions: vietvet1
ADVERTISEMENT