ADVERTISEMENT

CSU Bakersfield

persp

Senior
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2001
Won the first 3 matches. Fenton and Philippi by decision, Bentley by major dec. Bentley looks really good at 141. Much better than I expected.

Dallas Bulsak up at 149

We look great tonight
Yeah, no doubt. Bulsak was the only weak performance tonight. The team looks so much bigger and more cut, especially Bentley, Rahmani, and Stout

32-4 final.

Thomas wrestled Hwt and totally dominated. Technical fall. Bono also looked excellent for his first college dual meet. The only match we lost was with our third string 149 pounder.

Stout started great and I thought last year’s Stout is gone. Then he stopped being aggressive. Bentley handled the extra weight at 141 well.

The real question is how tired CSB was after wrestling twice yesterday. They had major problems when they were on the bottom, except where the Pitt wrestler let them loose to go for another takedown.

You can see the coaching coming through with this group. Looked very strong in all phases. Lots of young talented guys.

Reactions: persp
Very impressed with Pitt tonight. Much better than last year. CSB was not very good except their 149 pounder who beat Lugo from Iowa yesterday. That was their only win against Iowa also. It was fun being at a Pitt match tonight!

I am not sure how good CSB is but I loved the aggressive attitude that all the Pitt wrestlers demonstrated. You better like scoring points if your going to wrestle at Pitt. This team is very young and already shows they know they are expected to be dominant.

Even Bulsak showed some nice things. He is just a redshirt freshman so I just think he needs some more experience so things start to slow down for him.

I cant wait to see Demetrius Thomas against a top ten guy. With the work ethic he has demonstrated, and coming out of Pitts wrestling room every day, he could turn out to be something special.

If I have to look hard to come up with a question mark, it would be with Micki Philippi - of all people. I know that guy was ranked in the top 20 but Micki did not look strong to me. I realize tall lanky people in the lower weights are common but when I think of the people with that body type that are successful, those successful guys are also strong and can be physical with their leverage. It was first match so time will tell.

I am curious to see if Gavin and Co don't push him into the weight room as he gets older to gain some horse power. Look how much better Bentley looks at 141 and that was a two weight jump.

Wow, I was able to watch on You Tube since I could not get down to the match. Bentley is a beast at 145. And, Micky P. had a great match as well. Out giys seems like a close, tough, strong bunch. H2P!

Reactions: HOF Coach
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT