jps_h2p

Scholarship
May 29, 2015
So If I understand this right:

Carr - G, FR
Milligan - G, RS SR
Davis - G, FR
Boykins - G, RS SR
Ellison - G, RS JR (Sitting out this Year)
Luther - F, SR
Brown - F, FR
Stevenson - F, FR
Wilson Frame - F, JR
Illegomah - C, FR

Seems right--0nly 9 who can play in games.
I guess 10 if you throw in Zach Smith.

Talking simply in terms of #'s, I guess that's enough since a typical game rotation is no more than 8 or 9.

That of course neglects that most of these guys have little or no experience and are nowhere ready for the # of game minutes they're going to need to play.

So If I understand this right:

Carr - G, FR
Milligan - G, RS SR
Davis - G, FR
Boykins - G, RS SR
Ellison - G, RS JR (Sitting out this Year)
Luther - F, SR
Brown - F, FR
Stevenson - F, FR
Wilson Frame - F, JR
Illegomah - C, FR
Stevenson and Wilson Frame play SG or SF. Luther, Brown, and Illegomah are the only guys that play PF or C.

I guess 10 if you throw in Zach Smith.

Talking simply in terms of #'s, I guess that's enough since a typical game rotation is no more than 8 or 9.

That of course neglects that most of these guys have little or no experience and are nowhere ready for the # of game minutes they're going to need to play.
The worst part of going with 9 is that you need more players just to have decent practices. I am assuming KS will still come up with a couple more grad transfers.

For oactice they got 1 more with Ellison but, yeah, they could still use a couple more to help both practice and game time.

For oactice they got 1 more with Ellison but, yeah, they could still use a couple more to help both practice and game time.
Ellison can practice and they added Jones as a grad assistant so I assume he will be able to practice. Add in Smith who is a talented walk on and they should be able to function in practice even when there is an injury or two.

The issue I see is that we still only have 3 big men. I guess Stevenson will likely play some PF.

There is no way to sugar coat this current roster. They must add a couple more players that can help immediately, especially in the front court.

Is Brazdeikis still in play for 17? I'd feel a lot better with him in this class along with another big.

I think we have hashed the "next year is going to be rough" narrative out to the nth degree. I hope the young players can develop and show promise as the season progresses. I'd like to hear where the staff was at with the guard Corey Evans reported on recently. H2P.

He has a little more upside then some might think, but not optimal having him full out thrown into the fire the way it looks it will be.
How many minutes will Peace and Brown have to play on average?

And now I'm back to wondering why Nix was nudged out. Luther could have played the four and five.

Gary believe the player is from Germany 6'10". Maybe Matt could find out more info.
Does anyone know who this player is? He might be our last recruit for 2017.

I am sure the staff wants at least 4 scholarships for 2018. We will leave one open. Of course we might make an exception for Iggy (or Shamarko Pickett (Ole Miss recruit that Matt referenced)

We might also trade Milligan for a grad transfer (Z.Lofton or ?)

The team is nearly set.

Peace - Luther - Frame - Stewart - Carr

German or Brown (5/4) - Stevenson - Boykins - Milligan or grad transfer

Ellison to redshirt - Davis to redshirt - Open or Bradzeikis or Pickett

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT