ADVERTISEMENT

Current BB Roster?

How many minutes will Peace and Brown have to play on average?

I'm guessing now that we've landed Stewart that neither one of them will have to start and that they will probably combine for around 20 minutes per night or so. This is, naturally, subject to change as we see the new kids play.

Current top six on paper looks to be:

PG - Carr
G - Stewart
G - Boykins
F - Wilson-Frame
C - Luther
6 - Milligan

Stevenson will fill in on the wing and Brown will fill in inside. Ilegomah comes in as a reserve 5 against bigger teams with Davis a pretty distant shot to play at all. And also Zach Smith will play more than we would like him to but that's hardly his fault.

No matter what happens though Ilegomah will not start. That I'd take to the bank.

I'm guessing now that we've landed Stewart that neither one of them will have to start and that they will probably combine for around 20 minutes per night or so. This is, naturally, subject to change as we see the new kids play.

Current top six on paper looks to be:

PG - Carr
G - Stewart
G - Boykins
F - Wilson-Frame
C - Luther
6 - Milligan

Stevenson will fill in on the wing and Brown will fill in inside. Ilegomah comes in as a reserve 5 against bigger teams with Davis a pretty distant shot to play at all. And also Zach Smith will play more than we would like him to but that's hardly his fault.

No matter what happens though Ilegomah will not start. That I'd take to the bank.
Beg to differ - I think your top 6 is way off the mark.

Beg to differ - I think your top 6 is way off the mark.

I agree.

Milligan is probably not in my top 6. Maybe top 8.

We also can't have Wilson-Frame at Power Forward lol (unless he was simply just listing our top 6).

Boykins will def get solid time but I'd prob put him slightly outside the top 6.

We'll see what happens.

Carr, Stewart, & Frame need to be good for us to be respectable (lol). & we need a solid big man or 2 added to this team.

With Stewart, team's looking a little better.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
You see a starting lineup of:

Luther
Frame
Boykins
Stewart
Carr

with Milligan as the 6th man?

That lineup might work for Duquesne in the A-10, but not for Pitt in the ACC.

Someone other than Frame needs to be at forward (PF) - Peace, Brown or even Stevenson

Milligan definitely not up to being the 6th man, and I think Peace starts and plays well.

Last edited:
You see a starting lineup of:

Luther
Frame
Boykins
Stewart
Carr

with Milligan as the 6th man?

That lineup might work for Duquesne in the A-10, but not for Pitt in the ACC.

Someone other than Frame needs to be at forward (PF) - Peace, Brown or even Stevenson

Milligan definitely not up to being the 6th man.
I don't know what I see as of yet. And I've never posted an opinion regardless.

I just wanted to know how your thoughts differed from ThirteenNINE's.

I will say that I believe ThirteenNINE is among the most, if not the most knowledgeable poster on the hoop board.

I don't know what I see as of yet. And I've never posted an opinion regardless.

I just wanted to know how your thoughts differed from ThirteenNINE's.

I will say that I believe ThirteenNINE is among the most, if not the most knowledgeable poster on the hoop board.

I was not saying they were your thoughts only questioning if you were in agreement with ThirteenNine's.

Regardless, now you have my reasoning. I thought I was somewhat respectful in my disagreement with ThirteenNine's projection, perhaps that could have been conveyed a little better.

We all have people we respect (and do not respect) more than others. I personally have no definitive feelings regarding ThirteenNINE.

I was not saying they were your thoughts only questioning if you were in agreement with ThirteenNine's.

Regardless, now you have my reasoning. I thought I was somewhat respectful in my disagreement with ThirteenNine's projection, perhaps that could have been conveyed a little better.

We all have people we respect (and do not respect) more than others. I personally have no definitive feelings regarding ThirteenNINE.

I thought your disagreement was indeed respectful ... I just wanted to know the details of what you thought.

And I honestly don't have thoughts as of yet ... well not complete thoughts, anyway.

I am nearly certain that Carr starts at the point and Wilson Frame starts somewhere. After that, I need to see how some of the guys look in the summer

Anyone think we may see a lineup and style similar to Villanova? Maybe he'll find a big somewhere, but I'm starting to think he's not too worried about it.

Hey, there's no offense taken. We used to be able to respectfully disagree all of the time before a handful of posters have spent the past couple of years bringing up circular arguments in random threads for...reasons?

But as for why I think that we have to start that lineup it's pretty simple. Stallings has shown in the past that he isn't afraid to play a smaller stretch four and Wilson-Frame is definitely able to do that at 6-5 and a pretty well developed 230 and I think that if we're going to win any games that we need to get as many players who can create any offense on the court at all times. Milligan, for all of his flaws, is going to have to be the sixth man and backup point guard just by virtue of being able to dribble and having been in the system the longest now. Stevenson probably slots in as the backup wing and maybe gets some minutes as a stretch 4 as well with Brown logging most of the minutes behind Luther.

You can't start Brown even if you wanted to (although you shouldn't because he's really raw and young himself) because Ilegomah really should never see the court at all as a freshman. I was talking to Harve about this yesterday and Peace is a guy who was the 12th man on his high school team and then prepped on the Monteverde B team. Unless those Monteverde coaches are among the greatest coaches of all time there is no way that he is ready to see minutes against an ACC schedule next year.

Starting guys just because they're tall isn't going to help us at all in 2017 because we are going to struggle to score enough points to win games as is.

Reactions: levance2
Hey, there's no offense taken. We used to be able to respectfully disagree all of the time before a handful of posters have spent the past couple of years bringing up circular arguments in random threads for...reasons?

But as for why I think that we have to start that lineup it's pretty simple. Stallings has shown in the past that he isn't afraid to play a smaller stretch four and Wilson-Frame is definitely able to do that at 6-5 and a pretty well developed 230 and I think that if we're going to win any games that we need to get as many players who can create any offense on the court at all times. Milligan, for all of his flaws, is going to have to be the sixth man and backup point guard just by virtue of being able to dribble and having been in the system the longest now. Stevenson probably slots in as the backup wing and maybe gets some minutes as a stretch 4 as well with Brown logging most of the minutes behind Luther.

You can't start Brown even if you wanted to (although you shouldn't because he's really raw and young himself) because Ilegomah really should never see the court at all as a freshman. I was talking to Harve about this yesterday and Peace is a guy who was the 12th man on his high school team and then prepped on the Monteverde B team. Unless those Monteverde coaches are among the greatest coaches of all time there is no way that he is ready to see minutes against an ACC schedule next year.

Starting guys just because they're tall isn't going to help us at all in 2017 because we are going to struggle to score enough points to win games as is.

Forget his high school career. Peace played for a prep team that played excellent competition. Take a look at the short video I posted. Much of it was against Brewster Academy. He also played against IMG and other schools of that caliber. They are largely all star teams. It is my opinion that he will be more ready to play than many think.

In my opinion, Milligan can not be the backup point. I think he has already demonstrated he is not a point guard,I think Stewart has to play there.

Obviously we disagree. It will be interesting to see how things turn out. HTP

It's important to remember that Ilegomah played for Montverde B and not with Carr on Montverde A. That's why no one that he is playing against in that highlight clip from last year is taller than 6-6 or 6-7 and even then he only averaged 8 points per game.

My other concern is that he was listed at 6-9 at Roselle two years ago, was listed at 6-11 last year at Montverde and now seems to be listed as 6-10 by the recruiting sites. I will be very interested to see just how tall that he actually is.

It's important to remember that Ilegomah played for Montverde B and not with Carr on Montverde A. That's why no one that he is playing against in that highlight clip from last year is taller than 6-6 or 6-7 and even then he only averaged 8 points per game.

My other concern is that he was listed at 6-9 at Roselle two years ago, was listed at 6-11 last year at Montverde and now seems to be listed as 6-10 by the recruiting sites. I will be very interested to see just how tall that he actually is.

His B team played against elite competition. I am sure there were players on those all star squads that were over 6-6 or 6-7. I have had this same conversation with DT and Harve. Peace did not play in a CYO league. He played against top notch competition, all who possessed big time size

http://www.prepcircuit.com/news_article/show/752445?referrer_id=2963864

Last edited:

This is what I posted at an earlier date:

I know he does not play on the same team as Carr. He may be too old. Montverde CBD (or whatever) plays against top prep teams in the country. I believe he does start.

He plays on the prep team, not a practice team. It is beyond "the varsity". It is not a team of scraps. He plays against elite competition. Again:

This is what he did against Brewster Academy (a team of all-stars)

http://www.prepcircuit.com/game/show/16184289?referrer=2817450

Please check out the box score for a listing of players that played for Brewster in that game.

I realize the box score is screwed up - still it shows Peace with 9 pts 13 rebs 2 blks 1 asst and 2 tos

One of us is mistaken about the quality of the team Peace plays for and the quality of the opposition they face. It may well be me, because I do not have detailed knowledge on this subject.

If Corey or Matt or anyone that is knowledgeable would care to clarify the situation, I would appreciate it

Last edited:

I am very concerned about this group's ability to score. The last time a Pitt hoops team did not average at least 60PPG was 1952, and I fear we could challenge this mark.

ksquared33 (poster who I respect as knowledgeable) previously posted about Peace:

Someone has done a very good job of teaching this kid once a pass is made to him how necessary it was to allow his catching of the pass to get into a 3 threat position meaning he is ready to pass, dribble drive or shoot. Watch him get the basketball & how he is in attack mode, very little wasted motion.
This kid is very advanced fundamentally for a kid w/ his limited playing experience. I also really like how he is able to receive a lob pass on fast breaks even though he is out of position to throw down a dunk yet he gets his body under control & uses the backboard as he puts up a little tap in 2 points. The kid is just a really nice player fundamentally for this stage of his young career. W/ his height he should be very effective from the get go....lot's to like from this limited film.

H2 PITT !!!

Another plus for Peace is that he is currently at Pitt. I believe that will move him ahead of Brown.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fsgolfdr
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT