ADVERTISEMENT

Cuse - feeling fortunate for that W

NCanton Panther

All American
Sep 22, 2001
Didn’t partake in any of the in-game thread, too caught up just watching.

Man, how quick things can go into the dumpster. Halfway thru the 2nd half I’m thinking this is the best display of Pitt BB I’ve seen in a long time. Biggest plus with this Pitt team is they’re the best collection of shooters we’ve had in a long time. And they sure were going in tonight. But it was so much more than just shots falling, the ball movement, patience and control were superb, defense was active and smart and rebounding was good.

Only negative that 1st half and 10 minutes was some annoying sloppy turnovers. Then the turnovers ramped up big time, not just the sloppy kind but more so because they just couldn’t handle the Cuse’ ramped up defense, clock management was terrible (Nellie launching two 3’s on successive possessions right after they got the ball across the half court line taking no time off the clock), Fede fouling out way too early. I almost blew a gasket when Diaz gave up the easy rebound and putback after the 2nd of 2 missed Cuse FTs down the stretch.

But hey, we luckily pulled out the W. Life is good.

Didn’t partake in any of the in-game thread, too caught up just watching.

Man, how quick things can go into the dumpster. Halfway thru the 2nd half I’m thinking this is the best display of Pitt BB I’ve seen in a long time. Biggest plus with this Pitt team is they’re the best collection of shooters we’ve had in a long time. And they sure were going in tonight. But it was so much more than just shots falling, the ball movement, patience and control were superb, defense was active and smart and rebounding was good.

Only negative that 1st half and 10 minutes was some annoying sloppy turnovers. Then the turnovers ramped up big time, not just the sloppy kind but more so because they just couldn’t handle the Cuse’ ramped up defense, clock management was terrible (Nellie launching two 3’s on successive possessions right after they got the ball across the half court line taking no time off the clock), Fede fouling out way too early. I almost blew a gasket when Diaz gave up the easy rebound and putback after the 2nd of 2 missed Cuse FTs down the stretch.

But hey, we luckily pulled out the W. Life is good.
Bad turnovers and losing uncontested rebounds have been season long issues.

Tonight, I thought Capel mishandled Fede's foul situation with the big leand And Edwards in foul trouble.

Also as much as possible,you need to keep the ball from Jorge when a team is playing pressure defense.

Timeouts could have been handled better.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT