ADVERTISEMENT

Daequan Hardy

pittmeister

Assistant Coach
May 26, 2010
This two star player has offers from Michigan, MSU, Nebraska and nine from Pitt or PSU, yet he had one on the all-time greatest games IN high school playoff history...

Paul Zeise Retweeted
@phqbclub's
@DaequanHardy is having the game of a lifetime in the state championship. He has 3 INTs, returning one 100 yards for a TD. He has 3 receptions, 109 yards, 2 TD. Incredible. #WPIAL#TribHSSN

I know he’s a mere 2 Star player, but do you think Pitt needs to offer him?????

Yea I'm not sure why he hasn't been offered. If there are off the field issues that could explain it but I haven't heard any of that. I've gotta believe he camped at Pitt at some point. Pitt seems to slow play local kids lately. Took them forever to offer the two kids from Aliquippa too. Might be worth a swing. Kid may want to stay home and the offers may not be committable anymore from Michigan and MSU

These kind of players are nightmares to evaluate. On one hand is your thinking is this kid is a flat out stud and just can play the game of football. On the other hand you see he runs a 4.55 and think dear god who is he going to press cover in the ACC. A guy like Mike Capara comes to mind in terms of they were a really good football player, but the limitations he had aren't going to get you an ACC championship. Hardy may end up being a like Dane Jackson a 2 star stud that just is flat out a player, but I bet the staff feels the need to try and find a guy who plays like him with measurables first, then goes and say your offer is a go if they can't find the "lock" player they desire. This is probably even more so the case if they know he would prefer to stay "home". Either way hope it works out where another local kid can come to Pitt and make plays like Dane, Damar, and Aaron Mathews to name a few.

Reactions: pittdan77
He’s not a stud and is too small.
I wouldn’t offer him.

I like Cephas better as a player. Odd to see Corey Thomas transfer out of CC and fall off rge cliff.

This reminds me of 2006... Pitt fans were so excited about landing the local 4 Star player safety, Elijah Fields but Pitt passed on low 3 star safety, Barry Church...

Who became the better player????

This was only the second time I saw Penn Hills this year. The first was against Peters Township and I didn't pay attention to any particular player. Obviously you couldn't help but notice him in this game. It was one of the most dominating performances you'll ever see in a high school football game. Hardy played at a different speed than everybody else.

This reminds me of 2006... Pitt fans were so excited about landing the local 4 Star player safety, Elijah Fields but Pitt passed on low 3 star safety, Barry Church...

Barry Church was 3-4 inches taller and about 50lbs bigger as a Sr. Losing him was more egregious.

You are a fool if you are a coach and take Church over Fields. It’s easy to look back, but nobody in their right mind at the time takes Church over Fields.

You are a fool if you are a coach and take Church over Fields. It’s easy to look back, but nobody in their right mind at the time takes Church over Fields.

You are a fool period. Member since November 11, 2018??? What was your handle before??? Probably someone we all slapped around before...

Pitt didn’t offer Church. But Iowa, NCST, Maryland, WVU, and Indiana did... They weren’t fools, were they?

Get lost before I bitch slap you so hard you’ll change your handle again...

Reactions: FireballZ
You are a fool period. Member since November 11, 2018??? What was your handle before??? Probably someone we all slapped around before...

Pitt didn’t offer Church. But Iowa, NCST, Maryland, WVU, and Indiana did... They weren’t fools, were they?

Get lost before I bitch slap you so hard you’ll change your handle again...

DW wasn’t taking his commitment, just like the other schools you mentioned didn’t....which is why he went to Toledo....a school a lot of PH kids go to.

No reason to get defensive and angry....unless you really do want to physically bitch slap me...

DW wasn’t taking his commitment, just like the other schools you mentioned didn’t....which is why he went to Toledo....a school a lot of PH kids go to.

No reason to get defensive and angry....unless you really do want to physically bitch slap me...

Don’t be condescending. When you accuse people of being a fool because they don’t agree with your opinion, people get defensive.

You’re smarter than that...

Don’t be condescending. When you accuse people of being a fool because they don’t agree with your opinion, people get defensive.

You’re smarter than that...

“You are a fool if you are a coach...”

I guess you must be a coach?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT