ADVERTISEMENT

Dan Mullen should be next hire

If indeed Duzz is forced out or leaves, it will satisfy the online masses desire for an offensive-minded head coach with somewhat success and experience. I like Duzz and agree with posts that you can only replace him if you can be better. This is one trade I would make, particularly since it could keep Izzy, Bart, and Kenny in the mix for next year. Are we a better team if we keep duzz, but lose those players and recruits. The portal opens a whole new level of issues that will have continued ramifications for PITT. He also has past PA ties. This is who I would want, but don't want to see PITT pull another Dixon/Stallings/Wanny/Heyward fiasco.
He's not leaving.

Narduzzi has 8 more years after this one at 5-something per year. And it seems like buyouts are becoming a thing of the past: Teams are typically on the hook for the full remaining amount.

So any changes need to happen between Pat Narduzzi's ears, because he's not going to be moving any time soon. Even if this thing becomes a shit show on wheels, he's here until at least 2027.
If I hit the powerball Saturday I’ll take care of that

Reactions: pittmeister
He wasn't into recruiting that much at Florida. Hard pass.

Mullen’s lack of recruiting ability is probably why he got fired.

He had a pretty successful on the field product until last year. But his recruiting wasn’t closing the gap. And a lot of fans wanted him gone for that reason even before last year, despite the 10 win seasons.

So when the on field product suffered, even for just one season, that was it for Mullen, because nobody really believed in the long term projection of the program with the lack of talent.

There are a lot of people that cover Florida that felt Mullen didn't really want to be there and that he had become burned out on the college game. Supposedly, he worked behind the scenes to try to try to land an NFL gig, pretty much from the time he arrived in Gainesville.

What you always hear about Mullen is:

1. He doesn’t like the south

2. he doesn’t like recruiting. He just doesn’t have a seller’s personality, and he doesn’t like the grind it takes to be elite. So he’d rather be in the NFL if he could.

What you always hear about Mullen is:

1. He doesn’t like the south

2. he doesn’t like recruiting. He just doesn’t have a seller’s personality, and he doesn’t like the grind it takes to be elite. So he’d rather be in the NFL if he could.

I surprised he had the success he did at Miss. State.

ADVERTISEMENT