ADVERTISEMENT

Dane Jackson

kma0043

Junior
Nov 30, 2014
Possible neck injury for Dane on scary play. Going to be carted off. Fingers crossed.

Ugly. Looked worse too because the titans kind of threw him around after he got hurt too

He was pounding the turf afterwards. Hopefully they just immobilized him as precaution.

That is truly bizarre. What the hell was that guy trying to do?
Really stupid play by DJ's teammate, let alone the push. Just idiotic. Glad DJ is OK, that looked like it could have been really bad. Fracture to the transverse process is pretty benign, no injury to the cord itself is the key. Here's the update:

According to the Pro Football Docs, Jackson appeared to suffer a potential cervical spinous process fracture – aka a clay-shoveler's fracture – which could heal before the end of the regular season without surgery.
Most importantly, while gruesome, the injury carries no risk of associated spinal cord or head injuries.

Personal story...having fractured my neck, I can tell you that laying in that ambulance and wondering how bad it is, is one of the most horrifying things you can experience.

If there was one funny moment, I had to pee badly after an hour or so and waiting to get more tests. Was strapped to a board and had a collar on. Could move extremities but obviously, they don't let you get up and go. They decided to let my wife hold it for me while i went into a bottle. A tech walked in while she was standing their directing my member into a bottle and exclaimed, "Oh! Sorry!" and kinda slammed the door. It hurt to laugh and was causing her some issues with aiming it.

Next day they had me up walking but I felt weak as a baby. I had a vertical fracture on the front of my C6. They opted to not do surgery but the next several months really sucked. I had a pretty serious head injury with it so it was a nightmare. So yeah, I was sick when I heard about it, last night.

Reactions: RaleighPittFan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT