ADVERTISEMENT

Day Day Farmer to WVU.

pittmeister

Assistant Coach
May 26, 2010
This kid’s a head case. Not because he’s going to WVU, but it’s his third commitment….

I was down there for an event and he was at the same hotel as me. He was a pitt commit at the time, but later flipped to UCF. I'm assuming this is just about money.

This kid’s a head case. Not because he’s going to WVU, but it’s his third commitment….

Rodney Gallagher's dream of a 100 yard season just took a hit.

I had heard grades were possibly an issue for him, but that was months ago. Maybe grades were still an issue, and because West Virginia will take mentally challenged kids if they’re good at football, Day Day was a natural fit. No one, and I mean no one goes from Melbourne FL to Morgantown WV willingly.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
I had heard grades were possibly an issue for him, but that was months ago. Maybe grades were still an issue, and because West Virginia will take mentally challenged kids if they’re good at football, Day Day was a natural fit. No one, and I mean no one goes from Melbourne FL to Morgantown WV willingly.

UCF is just as bad of a school as WVU. And honestly, Pitt would take anyone who is a minimum qualifier. What WVU does offer though is a fake major called Athletic Coaching. Every school has blow-off majors but this one is straight-up fake. Just show up and get an A or B.

"No one, and I mean no one goes from Melbourne FL to Morgantown WV willingly."
What a dumba$$ statement to make after all these years of many Floridians choosing northeast schools, especially WVU where Nehlen made a living off recruiting Florida. But such emphasis on "I mean no one..." whew

What a dumba$$ statement to make after all these years of many Floridians choosing northeast schools, especially WVU where Nehlen made a living off recruiting Florida. But such emphasis on "I mean no one..." whew
So you are saying that there are MANY dumb players from Fla? I am not sure but I will take your word for it!

Wasn't a wvcc grad the principal at Miramar HS and piped alot up to u guys??? H2P

Reactions: bschulter
It’s true. Morgantown is truly hell, and no one would willingly move to that shithole. It’s likely that Day Day is a dumbass and West Virginia was the only school willing to take him.

I heard that too. There was no way he was going to get in.

I dont know if this guy is any good or not. Yes, we wanted him. We also wanted Rodney Gallagher and he turned out to be Slippery Rock-level so we dodged a bullet. But to be clear, Pitt and EVERY D1 school outside of ND, Vandy, NW, and Stanford take minimum qualifiers. Pitt and 130 other D1 schools will take anyone who has the MINIMUM SAT score and MINIMUM GPA. Now, during Majors 2 we tried to be Stanford and only accepted brainiacs and we see how that went.

U r funny pal. U r pissed because he decomitted from your 3-9 bottom of the barrel football team. U would be kissing his ass if he committed to Spitt. He wanted out of the run down crime ridden former steel Town. I just bought a car from a guy in Pittsburgh who moved there from Indiana and he even told me how he regretted moving to that dump.
I’m not mad, at all. And I think your fat sister is waiting for your 3 incher tonight.

the internet has been around for 3 decades. I love that there are still randos like this that show up guns blazing insulting people’s manhood over a football rivalry that stopped being relevant when the big east folded

Reactions: pittdan77
I dont know if this guy is any good or not. Yes, we wanted him. We also wanted Rodney Gallagher and he turned out to be Slippery Rock-level so we dodged a bullet. But to be clear, Pitt and EVERY D1 school outside of ND, Vandy, NW, and Stanford take minimum qualifiers. Pitt and 130 other D1 schools will take anyone who has the MINIMUM SAT score and MINIMUM GPA. Now, during Majors 2 we tried to be Stanford and only accepted brainiacs and we see how that went.
I thought I would post this. Some might find interesting.

Spring affords coaching staffs the ability to try some things outside the parameters of the grind of fall camp and structured practices once the season begins.
And that has been the case with what West Virginia has been doing with sophomore Rodney Gallagher as a two-way player.
Make no mistake about it, Gallagher is going to primarily play on the offensive side of the ball where he has made great strides after playing primarily quarterback in high school. That was evident in the scrimmage Friday where he put together one of his best performances of the spring.
“He’s an offensive player. He’s pushing to be a starter at receiver and is a guy that we want to get him the ball,” head coach Neal Brown said.
But the Mountaineers have been experimenting with Gallagher as a nickel back on defense for a few snaps here or there to see how he can handle the role. It was on display in the open spring practice where he took reps against wide receivers in one-on-one situations.
It’s something that isn’t out of left field as Brown pitched the idea to the Uniontown product during his recruiting process in large part because of the skills he possesses.
“He has really good lateral quickness. He played defense in high school, and it will give us some flexibility there. He’s done pretty well and really been throwing him in there a little bit,” Brown said.
Gallagher played cornerback in high school and even then displayed the ability to play man coverage even without spending any time working on his craft. But Brown also saw some of those traits that could make it a part-time fit while watching him on the basketball court.
Gallagher was skilled in man defense and was able to stay in front of the opposition and also displayed good ball skills by being active with his hands. Combine that with his change of direction and it at least opened up the possibility for him to get some work on that side of the ball if he wanted to attempt it.
Turns out Gallagher had no issues and while it started with him meeting with the coaches for about two minutes and then going out and playing, he has proven to be capable there this spring. It remains to be seen if it’s something that will stick but the door is at least opened.
West Virginia isn’t in a situation where they would even potentially need Gallagher to play a lot of snaps, but if he could play six to ten if called upon it would alleviate some concern with depth at that spot. That way it wouldn’t take away from anything he’s doing offensively but could provide some quality snaps.
“If he stays he can give us some snaps at nickel. Maybe that doesn’t put stress on us where we have to find somebody else,” Brown said.
It’s not something that’s foreign to Brown as during his time at Troy he had Marcus Jones play both sides of the ball and was very effective doing it. At worst, it’s a neat spring experiment but perhaps West Virginia and Gallagher find the pairing one that works long-term.

I thought I would post this. Some might find interesting.

Spring affords coaching staffs the ability to try some things outside the parameters of the grind of fall camp and structured practices once the season begins.
And that has been the case with what West Virginia has been doing with sophomore Rodney Gallagher as a two-way player.
Make no mistake about it, Gallagher is going to primarily play on the offensive side of the ball where he has made great strides after playing primarily quarterback in high school. That was evident in the scrimmage Friday where he put together one of his best performances of the spring.
“He’s an offensive player. He’s pushing to be a starter at receiver and is a guy that we want to get him the ball,” head coach Neal Brown said.
But the Mountaineers have been experimenting with Gallagher as a nickel back on defense for a few snaps here or there to see how he can handle the role. It was on display in the open spring practice where he took reps against wide receivers in one-on-one situations.
It’s something that isn’t out of left field as Brown pitched the idea to the Uniontown product during his recruiting process in large part because of the skills he possesses.
“He has really good lateral quickness. He played defense in high school, and it will give us some flexibility there. He’s done pretty well and really been throwing him in there a little bit,” Brown said.
Gallagher played cornerback in high school and even then displayed the ability to play man coverage even without spending any time working on his craft. But Brown also saw some of those traits that could make it a part-time fit while watching him on the basketball court.
Gallagher was skilled in man defense and was able to stay in front of the opposition and also displayed good ball skills by being active with his hands. Combine that with his change of direction and it at least opened up the possibility for him to get some work on that side of the ball if he wanted to attempt it.
Turns out Gallagher had no issues and while it started with him meeting with the coaches for about two minutes and then going out and playing, he has proven to be capable there this spring. It remains to be seen if it’s something that will stick but the door is at least opened.
West Virginia isn’t in a situation where they would even potentially need Gallagher to play a lot of snaps, but if he could play six to ten if called upon it would alleviate some concern with depth at that spot. That way it wouldn’t take away from anything he’s doing offensively but could provide some quality snaps.
“If he stays he can give us some snaps at nickel. Maybe that doesn’t put stress on us where we have to find somebody else,” Brown said.
It’s not something that’s foreign to Brown as during his time at Troy he had Marcus Jones play both sides of the ball and was very effective doing it. At worst, it’s a neat spring experiment but perhaps West Virginia and Gallagher find the pairing one that works long-term.
I read that and found that extremely bizarre. Gallagher is listed as a backup at WR on the post-spring depth chart on a very low-talent WVU team. One of the biggest recruits in years still wont be able to get on the field in Year 2 so they are considering having him be a backup on both sides of thr ball? This is rich.

This reminds me a little of Dorin Dickerson early in his career and Paris Ford. No offense to Dorin because he's a great Pitt Man and had a great senior season he and Paris were way overrated. Dorin really didnt have a position and neither does Gallagher. Neal Brown basically said he was unplayable on defense because he made no tackles in HS? Huh? WTF was he doing playing against girls teams? And he isnt athletic enough to play WR. So they are just going to eff around with him until he transfers to Duquesne where he should be a decent player in the NEC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT