ADVERTISEMENT

Defensive End

Sarge25

Freshman
Aug 18, 2017
Maybe it's just me, but I thinl Hendrix and Weaver are by far and away our 2 best DE's. Why are those 2 sharing an "OR" while Edwards starts over Folston on the other?

Why not flip one to the other side and get your best linemen on the field?

Reactions: gary2
Maybe it's just me, but I thinl Hendrix and Weaver are by far and away our 2 best DE's. Why are those 2 sharing an "OR" while Edwards starts over Folston on the other?

Why not flip one to the other side and get your best linemen on the field?
Not sure where you're so enamored with Hendrix. He hasn't shown jack $hit. Looks like a beast, plays like a creampuff. He has been outplayed to this point by Weaver for sure. Weaver is looking like he will be a very good one. None of them are getting any real pressure on the QB. As a team we have 3 miserable sacks through 4 games. Hendrix, Watts and Weaver. That's horrible.

what has weaver done? I saw one play where he missed Ok state QB for an easy sack that led to a TD pass.

Not sure where you're so enamored with Hendrix. He hasn't shown jack $hit. Looks like a beast, plays like a creampuff. He has been outplayed to this point by Weaver for sure. Weaver is looking like he will be a very good one. None of them are getting any real pressure on the QB. As a team we have 3 miserable sacks through 4 games. Hendrix, Watts and Weaver. That's horrible.

Who's enamored? The op is right though weaver and Hendrix have been the best de's thus far. Not that is saying that much.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
Who's enamored? The op is right though weaver and Hendrix have been the best de's thus far. Not that is saying that much.
Hendrix hasn't been "far and away" better than anyone else we've put out there at DE. He's a non-factor.

Hendrix hasn't been "far and away" better than anyone else we've put out there at DE. He's a non-factor.

He's been more of a "factor" then Allen Edwards or James Folston.

I don't know how anyone that's watched the games can argue that.

what has weaver done? I saw one play where he missed Ok state QB for an easy sack that led to a TD pass.
Did you happen to see any of his other reps?

He's active, moves real well, and is very physical. He stands out among the front 4. The stats will come with experience and as the rest of the young DL continues to gets better.

Hendrix has been virtually invisible out there. He lost a lot of reps to Folston and Jones last week.

He's been more of a "factor" then Allen Edwards or James Folston.

I don't know how anyone that's watched the games can argue that.
Folston has more tackles and has been more productive statistically than Hendrix. Hendrix has one sack and 0! TFL.remarkably he has zero assists. The whole f'in team has 3 sacks through 4 games. None of them have gotten it done but Hendrix has been a dud as a starter who had higher expectations on him than the others. He's made no tangible impact.

Edwards is a zero, never said he wasn't.

Of all the DL, Camp has acquitted himself the best.

Couldn't agree more on Hendrix. Had such high hopes too. Hopefully he improves, but so far he's been sub par.
I'd also like to add that kam carter should be in over Roy. Don't know if it's a practice thing or an attitude thing, but when the lights are in he disturbs things.

Hopefully Pat is doing it right, and his top 3 to 4 DEs are being platooned.

Less wear n tear, and the lower guys also getting exp.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT