ADVERTISEMENT

Delalic Height?

Definitely curious to see what he brings to the table. Seems like a lot of people on the board are penciling him in as a bona fide star. I'm certainly hoping for that, but I'm cautiously optimistic.

I do think that how well he translates to the US college game is the single biggest X factor heading into the season.

Definitely curious to see what he brings to the table. Seems like a lot of people on the board are penciling him in as a bona fide star. I'm certainly hoping for that, but I'm cautiously optimistic.

I do think that how well he translates to the US college game is the single biggest X factor heading into the season.
As I said in an old thread, I'd be thrilled to get 20mpg and 8-10ppg out of him. If he's better they're going to be a very dangerous team.

As I said in an old thread, I'd be thrilled to get 20mpg and 8-10ppg out of him. If he's better they're going to be a very dangerous team.

I'm greedily hoping for the next Dalton Knecht, but I know that isn't logical. I just have a tough time seeing how this could be Capel's best team (as many are predicting) if he isn't really good. Maybe I'm underestimating the value of a five who can put the ball in the hoop.

Like I have said many times in the past over and over again, way too much focus is being put on "offense" with him and with our team. This team this year should be a powerhouse on offense, one of the best in the entire country, better than last year, and the best of the Capel era. The offensive vibes preseason with Cummings and Delalic have been very positive, there isn't anything shocking here since they both can shoot and light it up on "offense". Cummings has been a force the last 12 months.

Its our defense and rebounding that is going to determine just how good this team is and just how good early on Cummings, Delalic, and the rest of the team is. Many prior Pitt teams since the dominance of the golden era when it ended in 2011 have struggled in these 2 areas.

I still think we need to hope Kante is ready to go and is close to 100% healthy on day 1 of real games. He is very important to our defense and rebounding if he is healthy and ready.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT