ADVERTISEMENT

Delalic sidelined six weeks

JimHammett

All P I T T !
Staff
Dec 4, 2012
PITTSBURGH – Pitt guard Amsal Delalic suffered a right hand injury in practice Wednesday afternoon and is expected to be sidelined for six weeks.

"Amsal's injury is a tough setback, but one we certainly expect him to make a full recovery from," said head coach Jeff Capel. "We are excited about what we have seen from Amsal throughout the offseason and eager to have him back at full strength."

A native of Bosnia & Herzegovina, Delalic is a top-30 European prospect who has been playing professionally in the Bosnia Division I and ABA League Second Division.

Last season with Borac Netkar, Delalic averaged 13.9 points, 4.6 rebounds, and 1.9 assists per game, while shooting over 40 percent from three-point range and 80 percent from the foul line in 23 Bosnia Division I games. He also delivered 13.7 points, 4.7 rebounds, and 2.2 assists in 12 ABA League Second Division contests. The 6-7 wing went 82-of-205 (.400) from three-point range and scored 483 points with 25 double-figure scoring efforts in 35 games with Borac Nektar last season.

Delalic began playing with Borac Nektar in 2021-22, while also playing with Igokea from 2020-22. He also has international experience playing with the Bosnia & Herzegovina national team in the 2020 U16 European Championship and in the 2023 European World Cup qualifier.

Pitt opens the season Monday, Nov. 4 against Radford.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.