ADVERTISEMENT

Demoting or Firing: PN

Saboteur II

Senior
Gold Member
Sep 21, 2020
Has PN ever demoted or fired an assistant coach?
We know our o line is not able to play the style thus far attempted. The bunched sets allows the defense to cover little space. Case in point is the INT. There were more players in that small space than a crowded elevator.
Does PN have the gonads to demote or fire?
I doubt it and here’s why.
When the GT coach got fired PN expressed sympathy because “he has a family.”
I thought “”WTF? He’s got a multimillion dollar buyout. RU kidding me?”
The OC needs a kick in the ass.
Powell needs a kick in the ass.
The OLINE coach needs a kick in the ass.
Does PN have it in him?
I don’t think he does.

I mean he fired Watson didn’t he? Granted that was as obvious a move as you could make. Not sure off hand who else he let go of seeing as a number of other assistants have just gotten other jobs.

We know our o line is not able to play the style thus far attempted. The bunched sets allows the defense to cover little space. Case in point is the INT. There were more players in that small space than a crowded elevator.
Does PN have it in him?
I don’t think he does.
Can he fire himself ? Or at least kick himself in the ass? I'm sure there are people willing to help him with that 😆

Can he fire himself ? Or at least kick himself in the ass? I'm sure there are people willing to help him with that 😆
There never has been a head coach who took the blame.
Ryan Day demoted his D coordinator and later fired him last year. They were 12-1.
PN gets paid a shiat load of money. Maybe he can purchase a set of gonads.

Reactions: 303vND
Does PN have it in him?
I don’t think he does.

Whipple wasn't coming back and not sure if it was mutual

I mean he fired Watson didn’t he? Granted that was as obvious a move as you could make. Not sure off hand who else he let go of seeing as a number of other assistants have just gotten other jobs.

the first oline coach, Peterson? whose choice was that one?

Don’t know either but that might be right. And idk if anyone would really be opposed if Borbs got the axe too… but can Duzz hire a better OL coach? Shouldn’t that be something he can get down from his B1G experience?

Anyone can lose a bad game, recall the Nits lost to a horrible Illinois team. But the prospects for the future are what are depressing. Everyone should have seen it coming with Cig.

Anyone can lose a bad game, recall the Nits lost to a horrible Illinois team. But the prospects for the future are what are depressing. Everyone should have seen it coming with Cig.
They weren’t very sharp yesterday either. But at the end of the day, they took care of business and are 5-0 (2-0). We can’t make fun of the whole “11-11 in the last 2 years” thing anymore. Granted they could just lose to Michigan and Ohio St like they usually do… but they are generally better at taking care of business against the other teams they should beat.

They weren’t very sharp yesterday either. But at the end of the day, they took care of business and are 5-0 (2-0). We can’t make fun of the whole “11-11 in the last 2 years” thing anymore. Granted they could just lose to Michigan and Ohio St like they usually do… but they are generally better at taking care of business against the other teams they should beat.
That’s true. My point was more than we aren’t really ranting and raving here today over one single loss. But more the likelihood of many more just like it, due to a dull witted offensive scheme. It’s Shawn Watson all over again

Tom Sims. The first d-line coach. Pretty sure he got axed.

Tom Sims. The first d-line coach. Pretty sure he got axed.
Thanks How many years ago was that? I suggest that PN allows his friendships to interfere with personnel decisions.
I might be wrong.
But when I saw Ryan Day demote a coordinator mid season and let him go after the season, I saw a guy with the hard ass mentality I want in my commander in chief.
Foge was a helluva nice guy. But he didn’t have what it takes to be a CEO. And when Narduzzi took the job, he specifically said he wanted to be a CEO.

Does PN have it in him?
I don’t think he does.
Just because it is not reported as a "firing" doesn't mean it was a firing when an assistant left. If a head coach wants to attract top assistant talent, it is important that he allows those that he fires to retain their dignity on the way out.

Just because it is not reported as a "firing" doesn't mean it was a firing when an assistant left. If a head coach wants to attract top assistant talent, it is important that he allows those that he fires to retain their dignity on the way out.
That is a clear as fog and I disagree. Here is my case.
1. Has PN attracted top assistants? If so, who and where are they now?
2. Have we won using this method (if it is true)? There are many good things about PN, but there are deficiencies too.
3. The job of a head coach in year 8 is to win. Ask Ryan Day and other head coaches who have fired or demoted. Are we Ohio State? Of course not. But we aren’t Duquesne either.
4. We just got beat by a team that fired its HC 5 days earlier. Facts always matter to me.
5. If you were Mike Tomlin, would you fire Canada or would you wait it out if the offense continued to stink?

I’m not suggesting PN fire anyone now, but I am advocating that he use the off week to re-evaluate his staff and make changes.
Look around. CFB is a cut throat multi billion dollar business.

Wisconsin and Colorado have fired their HCs, Colorado slso fired a coordinator.
I don’t advocate firing PN…to the contrary. But I think he would be wise to exercise authority over his staff.

That is a clear as fog and I disagree. Here is my case.
1. Has PN attracted top assistants? If so, who and where are they now?
2. Have we won using this method (if it is true)? There are many good things about PN, but there are deficiencies too.
3. The job of a head coach in year 8 is to win. Ask Ryan Day and other head coaches who have fired or demoted. Are we Ohio State? Of course not. But we aren’t Duquesne either.
4. We just got beat by a team that fired its HC 5 days earlier. Facts always matter to me.
5. If you were Mike Tomlin, would you fire Canada or would you wait it out if the offense continued to stink?

I’m not suggesting PN fire anyone now, but I am advocating that he use the off week to re-evaluate his staff and make changes.
Look around. CFB is a cut throat multi billion dollar business.

Their names escape me, but it seemed like the defensive coordinator and the LB coach in the first staff were up-and-coming types that would turn into the next great assistants. I don't think we've heard anything from them since they left.

Funny the assistant who had the brightest career is everyone's favorite whipping boy Matt House.

Reactions: Saboteur II
There never has been a head coach who took the blame.
Ryan Day demoted his D coordinator and later fired him last year. They were 12-1.
PN gets paid a shiat load of money. Maybe he can purchase a set of gonads.
1. Narduzzi has fired people.
2. Nobody demotes coaches for the long term.
3. Narduzzi hired and retained Partridge.
4. Name any top asst or position coach that will come to Pitt due to either pay or perceived program prominence. That explains who is on staff.

4. Name any top asst or position coach that will come to Pitt due to either pay or perceived program prominence. That explains who is on staff.
1. Who?
2. When I understand what the hell this means, I will respond.
3. Great hire. What about the others?
4. Partridge comes to mind. Texas just threw money at a recently departed coach.

Reactions: 303vND
1. Who?
2. When I understand what the hell this means, I will respond.
3. Great hire. What about the others?
4. Partridge comes to mind. Texas just threw money at a recently departed coach.
1. Already named in thread. - Watson, Whipple, Conklin, Sims
2. Demoted coaches leave.
3. I already asked you what others would come.
4. You didn't answer.

Does PN have it in him?
I don’t think he does.
following the current Executive branch model...

1. Already named in thread. - Watson, Whipple, Conklin, Sims
2. Demoted coaches leave.
3. I already asked you what others would come.
4. You didn't answer.
Well if you don’t get rid of bad assistant coaches no one will come. So, when he cans someone and if he shares his offer list I’ll tell you.
Demoted coaches leave!?! You’re kidding me…who knew!

I don't think Chaney was a firing but it was pretty clear they didn't see eye to eye. Maybe one of those deals where PN encouraged him to move on.

Well if you don’t get rid of bad assistant coaches no one will come. So, when he cans someone and if he shares his offer list I’ll tell you.
Demoted coaches leave!?! You’re kidding me…who knew!
You still haven't answered. Its because quality assistants, like quality recruits, have no interest in Pitt.

So you admit demoted coaches is stupid. Thanks.

5. The blue bloods end up with a bunch of extra former HC's who are still getting paid by the school that fired them to be analysts. Pitt hired the legendary local HS coach that was at the center of an alleged hazing scandal.

If you want the best coaching staff, you have to throw a ton of money at it and it's still not a guarantee. Go ask LSU.

ADVERTISEMENT