ADVERTISEMENT

DeSean Jackson Anti-Semitic remarks

4upmc

Junior
Gold Member
Nov 13, 2017
DeSean Jackson and his anti Semitic remarks quoting something he thought was from Hitler...where are the cancel culture people on this site? Not a peep. Julian Edelman as far as I know is the only Jewish NFL player so since he’s the only one I guess it’s no big deal to the NFL and it’s players...

My former Co worker and friend who is Jewish brought up a legit point IMO...he mentioned how there was so much outrage over Drew Brees National Anthem remarks from tons of NFL players but its pure silence from these same players.

Stephen Jackson of ESPN defended DeSean Jackson saying he was “speaking the truth” wow. If Stephen Jackson were a different race would he still have a job at ESPN? Curt Schilling was fired from ESPN because of the comments he made about transgender bathrooms. So someone who supports hateful comments Like Stephen Jackson...why is he still employed by ESPN?

This lady at ESPN Elle Duncan (never heard of her) makes good points.

I agree with all she said as there is no hierarchy when it comes to bigotry, racism, etc. All bigotry is unacceptable.

Last edited:
Even better was terrific Nitter representative Larry Johnson then using a fake quote, because it was on the Internet, to support his pal's anti-Jewish behavior with his own.

Then Johnson told everyone he was not going to apologize for peddling in such hateful, and fake, talk.

Unfortunately facts are an inconvenient hurdle for people who hate.
Bigotry knows many forms, but courage just one.
It takes a courageous person these days to stand up and make sense.
There's a father of a dead young lady in Chicago who thinks the BLM movement ought to extend it's reach to those people like his daughter gunned down (not by police) for no reason.
If that happens, then it's a good step.
Hate spawns hate.
Love spawns love.
It's the age old struggle.

Last edited:
Larry Johnson is a legit anti-semite, as evidenced by his many Twitter posts on the subject.

DeSean Jackson's post seemed to be some bizarro and garbled anti-semitism masquerading as conspiracy theory. I read it and it was obviously anti-semitic, but I could see how a dude who grew up with gang members and probably did less than 3 years of actual college work could read it and think he was on to some kind of "secret knowledge."

Anyway, as with Brees, Jackson apologized. I saw that he's doing some community education with Jewish groups in Philly. Seems like the right thing to do.

Larry Johnson is a legit anti-semite, as evidenced by his many Twitter posts on the subject.

DeSean Jackson's post seemed to be some bizarro and garbled anti-semitism masquerading as conspiracy theory. I read it and it was obviously anti-semitic, but I could see how a dude who grew up with gang members and probably did less than 3 years of actual college work could read it and think he was on to some kind of "secret knowledge."

Anyway, as with Brees, Jackson apologized. I saw that he's doing some community education with Jewish groups in Philly. Seems like the right thing to do.

Or is Jackson only doing this because he wants to keep his job after talking with the owner of the team who is Jewish... It’s pretty clear how he really feels.

Yes Brees and Jackson both did apologize. But why is Jackson not being criticized by teammates and other players throughout the league like Brees was? Seems like a double standard.

Or is Jackson only doing this because he wants to keep his job after talking with the owner of the team who is Jewish... It’s pretty clear how he really feels.

Yes Brees and Jackson both did apologize. But why is Jackson not being criticized by teammates and other players throughout the league like Brees was? Seems like a double standard.

I personally think he was heavily criticized in the Philly media, and broadly more nationally. There were some toads that called criticism of him racial but I think they were properly discounted.

I wouldn't say there's a double standard for anti-black sentiment vs. anti-semitism. Brees is one of the best QBs of all time. A Super Bowl winner, first ballot HoF inductee, and Walter Peyton Man of the Year who said something insensitive about black people in the middle of a nationwide movement to prioritize the lives and equal treatment of black people. Jackson is a fairly washed role player who has never been well-liked outside of Philly (maybe DC) who posted a picture of someone else's original thoughts, which were anti-semitic. If there was a difference in national outcry, I think it was because of the difference in circumstances between the two, which are substantial. Nevertheless, Jackson was roundly criticized in the media and by fans (including me), has apologized, and is working on making it right. So the ultimate outcome between both guys was the same.

Reactions: Dr. von Yinzer
I personally think he was heavily criticized in the Philly media, and broadly more nationally. There were some toads that called criticism of him racial but I think they were properly discounted.

I wouldn't say there's a double standard for anti-black sentiment vs. anti-semitism. Brees is one of the best QBs of all time. A Super Bowl winner, first ballot HoF inductee, and Walter Peyton Man of the Year who said something insensitive about black people in the middle of a nationwide movement to prioritize the lives and equal treatment of black people. Jackson is a fairly washed role player who has never been well-liked outside of Philly (maybe DC) who posted a picture of someone else's original thoughts, which were anti-semitic. If there was a difference in national outcry, I think it was because of the difference in circumstances between the two, which are substantial. Nevertheless, Jackson was roundly criticized in the media and by fans (including me), has apologized, and is working on making it right. So the ultimate outcome between both guys was the same.

I have no problem with both of them being criticized. My point was why are players not criticizing Jackson? Has there been a single current player critical of him? We know tons were critical of Brees.

I have no problem with both of them being criticized. My point was why are players not criticizing Jackson? Has there been a single current player critical of him? We know tons were critical of Brees.

Probably because anti-antisemitism is not uncommon in the black political community. Jackson also quotes Louis Farrakhan, who despite his consistent and wide-spread antisemitism, had public meetings with many democratic party leaders including former President Obama.

DeSean Jackson and his anti Semitic remarks quoting something he thought was from Hitler...where are the cancel culture people on this site? Not a peep. Julian Edelman as far as I know is the only Jewish NFL player so since he’s the only one I guess it’s no big deal to the NFL and it’s players...

My former Co worker and friend who is Jewish brought up a legit point IMO...he mentioned how there was so much outrage over Drew Brees National Anthem remarks from tons of NFL players but its pure silence from these same players.

Stephen Jackson of ESPN defended DeSean Jackson saying he was “speaking the truth” wow. If Stephen Jackson were a different race would he still have a job at ESPN? Curt Schilling was fired from ESPN because of the comments he made about transgender bathrooms. So someone who supports hateful comments Like Stephen Jackson...why is he still employed by ESPN?

I agree with all she said as there is no hierarchy when it comes to bigotry, racism, etc. All bigotry is unacceptable.

DeSean Jackson should be cut and Stephen Jackson should get fired. I have not seen a post on this matter here, but I think what should be the end result is clear. No space for this kind of garbage.

Reactions: MIPittfan and Chaos
DeSean Jackson should be cut and Stephen Jackson should get fired. I have not seen a post on this matter here, but I think what should be the end result is clear. No space for this kind of garbage.

Although they are upset it seems Philly ownership doesn’t want to lose their deep threat since he still has speed and their WRs sucked last year. Depth chart justice. But correct me if I’m wrong...I believe this is the same organization who didn’t cut the white WR (Several years back) who used the N word. Both should have been cut.

I never cared for Curt Schilling but if he got fired for his comments then Jackson shouldn’t be employed by ESPN either.

I agree no space for this garbage.

I believe DeSean Jackson and don't think he even understood what he posted. He made a mistake, has apologized, and promised to do better.

Stephen Jackson is doubling down on stupid and has shown his true colors.

Although they are upset it seems Philly ownership doesn’t want to lose their deep threat since he still has speed and their WRs sucked last year. Depth chart justice. But correct me if I’m wrong...I believe this is the same organization who didn’t cut the white WR (Several years back) who used the N word. Both should have been cut.

I never cared for Curt Schilling but if he got fired for his comments then Jackson shouldn’t be employed by ESPN either.

desean got hurt in the first game last year and never came back. i think they'd be fine w/out him.

but you're right, riley cooper kept his job. maybe they feel they can help guys who say/do dumb things. they also took mike vick when he got out of the clink.

desean's comments sounded more from the loony bin, for me. no idea what point he was trying to make. obviously inappropriate but i'm not sure if he knew what he was doing (i'm not letting him off, btw). just weird.

a little different than riley cooper screaming the N word.

Reactions: lilspainishflea

What was the Jackson Quote? Anyone?

It is NOT surprising that the cancel culture does NOT care that he made antisemitic remarks.

BLM itself has LOTS of antisemitism in it and it is accepted.

This shows YET AGAIN why Israel is so important to the Jewish people!
Truly the only safe space in the world for us!

Virtually every TV show and podcast I've listened to over the last 24 hours that addresses sports has criticized Jackson. Loudly. Not sure what y'all are watching.

People have been fired for racists rants, when it against African Americans, I haven't seen this yet when the rant is against a Jewish person!

PLUS people have been DEFENDING him on places like E$PN, they would NEVER defend a person making racist comment but feel it is acceptable when the comments are antisemitic!

No comments from Souf or Dr. Yinzer, that’s a shock. Lol.
If an NFL player said anything even remotely negative about BLM, they would have both had about 5 comments by now.
But blatantly anti-Semitic comments, and they have nothing to say.
I guess that’s better than both of them rationalizing what he said.

People have been fired for racists rants, when it against African Americans, I haven't seen this yet when the rant is against a Jewish person!

PLUS people have been DEFENDING him on places like E$PN, they would NEVER defend a person making racist comment but feel it is acceptable when the comments are antisemitic!

Yup. ESPN analysts are totally defending him.

Noted player of “the race card”Bomani Jones, at least according to the “stick to sports” crowd, was very critical of Jackson and Farrakhan on his podcast yesterday.

I think that at the end of the day, they have to cut him. His statements were just totally unacceptable. Laced with ignorance in multiple ways and brutally offensive in a time where if someone did something similar to black people in general, they would be lambasted and chased.

I believe in apologies and that people are able to grow (and that Jackson likely knows nothing about the history of the Jewish people and banking over the past 1000 years), but I also believe that some actions leave you on the chopping block regardless of apology. To me, this is one of those cases. You just cannot stand for this type of behavior, regardless of how people feel in this moment and the repressed anger that many are letting out. Parroting some incendiary stuff likely heard from a misinformed, non-reputable and clearly racist source has no place. Stuff said like this is just all wrong.

The Eagles messed up with Cooper. But, from spending a lot of time in Philadelphia, I think it is clear that they generally run a very good organization. They should be better than this, really. Their evaluation of the situation should lead to cutting him no matter what their needs are.

And, the fact that Stephen Jackson first condoned it and then seemingly doubled down, I just cannot see how ESPN or wherever lets him continue to work there unless they want to fall into one of those zones where they have to have the controversial guys in order to get the views regardless of integrity, honor, etc. I do not think that they are that desperate.

I think that at the end of the day, they have to cut him. His statements were just totally unacceptable. Laced with ignorance in multiple ways and brutally offensive in a time where if someone did something similar to black people in general, they would be lambasted and chased.

I believe in apologies and that people are able to grow (and that Jackson likely knows nothing about the history of the Jewish people and banking over the past 1000 years), but I also believe that some actions leave you on the chopping block regardless of apology. To me, this is one of those cases. You just cannot stand for this type of behavior, regardless of how people feel in this moment and the repressed anger that many are letting out. Parroting some incendiary stuff likely heard from a misinformed, non-reputable and clearly racist source has no place. Stuff said like this is just all wrong.

The Eagles messed up with Cooper. But, from spending a lot of time in Philadelphia, I think it is clear that they generally run a very good organization. They should be better than this, really. Their evaluation of the situation should lead to cutting him no matter what their needs are.

And, the fact that Stephen Jackson first condoned it and then seemingly doubled down, I just cannot see how ESPN or wherever lets him continue to work there unless they want to fall into one of those zones where they have to have the controversial guys in order to get the views regardless of integrity, honor, etc. I do not think that they are that desperate.
Some people live in La La land. If you are a good athlete you can say anything you want and some team will grab you. Teams are lining up to see if Antonio Brown can help them without sitting out games. Black commentators can say anything and will not be fired.

Reactions: MIPittfan
A white person making anti-Semitic remarks is a Nazi , a black person making the same remarks made a mistake or is mis understood. I have found that there is more racism in the black community than most of us want to believe.

Is that like how any black person shot by the police is a thug, but any white person who commits mass murder is simply misunderstood?

Reactions: pitt90seven
No comments from Souf or Dr. Yinzer, that’s a shock. Lol.
If an NFL player said anything even remotely negative about BLM, they would have both had about 5 comments by now.
But blatantly anti-Semitic comments, and they have nothing to say.
I guess that’s better than both of them rationalizing what he said.

What the **** are you talking about? Where are the people defending Jackson in your imagination?

Virtually every TV show and podcast I've listened to over the last 24 hours that addresses sports has criticized Jackson. Loudly. Not sure what y'all are watching.

Where did I say TV shows are not being critical? Read my original post and I brought up one media person Stephen Jackson and was talking about CURRENT players. When I made my original post there was not a peep from current players or current teammates of Jackson. Can you give examples of CURRENT players & teammates critical of Jackson? Meanwhile tons of current players and teammates made comments about Drew Brees. If you don’t see a double standard with CURRENT players I don’t know what to tell you.

As far as Stephen Jackson he was an idiot (shooting guns and fighting in strip club parking lots among other incidents) and still is an idiot. That he supports the comments of DeSean Jackson and still has a job at ESPN Is ridiculous.

Last edited:
What the **** are you talking about? Where are the people defending Jackson in your imagination?
Let’s try this again for you. Reading comprehension is obviously not your strong suit.
I specifically referenced two people on the lair who comment on anything and everything involving race. And who are quick to suggest anyone who even mildly criticize’s BLM is a racist. These same two suddenly have no comment when someone is blatantly ant-Semitic.
How did you get from that I was saying everyone is defending Jackson??
You probably shouldn’t post while intoxicated/stoned.

What did Brees say that was insensitive to black people?

The twitter cancel mob didn't go after Jackson and that was the noticeable difference. He was criticized by many in the sports media and Zach Banner and Julian Edelman are two players who released videos (there may have been more). Hitler is never my go-to guy for quotes (fake or not), but overall it was much more impressive how people handled Jackson compared to similar, or more minor, situations.

What did Brees say that was insensitive to black people?
This is exactly why our country is so screwed up. Drew Bree's says the following -"I love and respect my teammates, and I stand right there with them in regard to fighting for racial equality and justice, I also stand with my grandfathers, who risked their lives for this country, and countless other military men and women who do it on a daily basis." - and is perceived as being racially insensitive? Ultimately he's forced to apologize to maintain his career! We are screwed!

Reactions: pbrad and perchance
Is that like how any black person shot by the police is a thug, but any white person who commits mass murder is simply misunderstood?
I never heard the term misunderstood for mass murderers. What is the term for white people shot by the police? What is the term for black people shot by black people, of which there are over 50 times more than shot by the police.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT