ADVERTISEMENT

Desmond Reid outside final four Hesiman chance

Pitt666

Scholarship
Feb 19, 2024
Again, as my post last week saying 10 wins was on the table, solely based on schedule, Reid, if he stays healthy, also can rack up massive stats. Did you know, he has never lost a fumble in college? That will likely change, however, thru 2 games:

Rushing
33 carries
293 yards
1 td

Receiving
9 receptions
117 yards
1 td

Returns
1 return
78 yards
1 td

Reactions: djbpitt
Again, as my post last week saying 10 wins was on the table, solely based on schedule, Reid, if he stays healthy, also can rack up massive stats. Did you know, he has never lost a fumble in college? That will likely change, however, thru 2 games:

Rushing
33 carries
293 yards
1 td

Receiving
9 receptions
117 yards
1 td

Returns
1 return
78 yards
1 td
He’s a total playmaker. It’s amazing how quickly he attacks the hole.

Was it that he was deemed not good enough or was it that he was thought to be too small and fragile? He didn't finish the last 2 seasons and he was looking pretty banged up at times these 1st 2 games. This kid just seems way too good to have been overlooked or underrated. He had to have a history of injury that kept everyone away. In pure talent, he's incredible.

Do you keep riding him until he proves he can't handle it?

Well, I really don't know the roster that well, but I would try to get him some help(rest) so he has a chance to last the year. I am not sure if there is enough talent to actually hold things together for several possessions a half.

Well, I really don't know the roster that well, but I would try to get him some help(rest) so he has a chance to last the year. I am not sure if there is enough talent to actually hold things together for several possessions a half.
Well, they should have Hammond to help out but…

• Angry
Reactions: Parkview57
Was it that he was deemed not good enough or was it that he was thought to be too small and fragile? He didn't finish the last 2 seasons and he was looking pretty banged up at times these 1st 2 games. This kid just seems way too good to have been overlooked or underrated. He had to have a history of injury that kept everyone away. In pure talent, he's incredible.

He was a low 3* and his only FBS offer was FAU. Plenty dismissed him and the two WRs that Bell brought in.

Reid was supposed to be a compliment to Hammond, but now he's carrying the load. He's an electric playmaker.

Reactions: TD_6082
The guy is amazing

10 yards per carry followed up by basically 9 yds per carry?

Speed

Keeping it real, we’ve played an actual MAC team and a figurative MAC team.

I’ve enjoyed every yard from Reid so far and indicators are he should be able to perform at some level going forward, but it’s fair to wonder how he’ll do against Clemson, Syracuse, etc.

I’ve enjoyed every yard from Reid so far and indicators are he should be able to perform at some level going forward, but it’s fair to wonder how he’ll do against Clemson, Syracuse, etc.

Cincy looked ok to me. Legit lower-tier Big 12 team. Possibly mid-tier. Definitely better than MAC. In saying that, watch them lose to Miami of Oxford next week.

Can’t coach speed and it’s how you use him. Getting him into space with short passes where he does all the rest seems key.

Cincy looked ok to me. Legit lower-tier Big 12 team. Possibly mid-tier. Definitely better than MAC. In saying that, watch them lose to Miami of Oxford next week.

I realize they had two starting DL go down in the fall and then another was just coming back from blood clots, but they did not look anything close to a legit Mid-tier P4 team.

They were gassed by the last play of the first half. That’s why two of them were on the ground on the play that allowed the kick.
And they remained gassed the rest of the game. Which is why everything was so easy on offense the second half. They didn’t have the physical ability to resist it.

And that’s because they don’t have the body types and depth that even an average P4 team has. So what few P4 players that has were overused. They were stealing DL from Eastern Michigan even before the injuries, to start for them on the DL.

when did Syracuse become a list member within the Pantheon of perennial tough teams on Pitt's schedule?

Reactions: cashisking884
I realize they had two starting DL go down in the fall and then another was just coming back from blood clots, but they did not look anything close to a legit Mid-tier P4 team.

They were gassed by the last play of the first half. That’s why two of them were on the ground on the play that allowed the kick.
And they remained gassed the rest of the game. Which is why everything was so easy on offense the second half. They didn’t have the physical ability to resist it.

And that’s because they don’t have the body types and depth that even an average P4 team has. So what few P4 players that has were overused. They were stealing DL from Eastern Michigan even before the injuries, to start for them on the DL.
So what is your point?

Reactions: pittmeister

Mid-tier Big 12 is possible. The bottom half of that league is really weak.

What's the deal with Texas Tech. Talk about the bottom falling out.

when did Syracuse become a list member within the Pantheon of perennial tough teams on Pitt's schedule?
Even though we beat Syracuse more times than not, they usually have a solid defense most years (not the year we won 70-60 lol).

But take any of Cuse, UNC, Virginia....teams with at least solid, mid-tier P5 defenses. I wouldn't expect Reid to run all over Georgia for instance. But I want to see how he does against better teams than Kent and Cincy.

Even though we beat Syracuse more times than not, they usually have a solid defense most years (not the year we won 70-60 lol).

But take any of Cuse, UNC, Virginia....teams with at least solid, mid-tier P5 defenses. I wouldn't expect Reid to run all over Georgia for instance. But I want to see how he does against better teams than Kent and Cincy.
uh, if you are going to make a list that includes only two with an "etc." and number one is Clemson (ranked in the final top 25 15 times with 2 NCs since 2002....you don't list Syracuse (ranked once in the top 25 since 2002) as your number two..

Sort of like saying yes I banged some below average tv chicks like Rosanne and Melissa McCarthy with some success but its fair to wonder how I'll I do with Sofia Vergara, Mayim Bialik etc....just does not compute.

Rushing
33 carries
293 yards
1 td

Receiving
9 receptions
117 yards
1 td

Returns
1 return
78 yards
1 td
Odds are very high he won't be able to stay healthy all season. Pitt might as well ride as far as they can. Get by WVU and Youngstown and they get a week off to get healed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT