ADVERTISEMENT

Diaz Twins - Spain

Vader_Storm

Sophomore
Dec 16, 2018
I wanted to post some additional information on these 2 players coming to Pitt since they appear to be our 2 biggest mystery players coming for the year and a lot of people are not quite sure what to expect. I am heavily intrigued by this duo and wanted to put some additional information out about them.

- The twins are going to be 19 1/2 years old when they play their first game. These are older, more experienced freshmen.

-The twins led IMG to a 30-6 national record this year. Jorge averaged 16ppg, 6rpg, and 2 blocks per game averaging 44% from 3. Guillermo averaged 12.5ppg, 7 rebounds per game, 2 assists per game, 2 blocks per game and shot 33% from 3. Guillermo played for the U-18 National Spanish team previously. He led them to a 5-0 record at Fiba with 11ppg, 6 rpg, 3 blocks per game and was 56% from the field. Both players are expected to make the under 20 National team from Spain this summer.

There is quite a bit of video below including a full complete game that took place several months ago. Not only do I like these 2 for their ability to shoot, they also have an ability to pass. And the brothers seem to have good chemistry on the court together.

Diaz Graham twins playing together in Spain

Jorge Diaz Senior Year

Diaz brothers Full game at National Prep Showcase several months ago (This is a game filled with players headed to D1 college)

Jorge Diaz Graham additional highlights

They couldn't miss from three during the game vs Combo. If they shoot at that level they will contribute early. They really need to bulk up in order to add much value down low. Still, you cannot teach 6'11".

Reactions: Drew1208
Thanks for the videos. They should be a big help, shoot, run the floor and defend. But, thank is in HS, so we'll see when the start the college season. Definitely, they are going to have to put on weight and get stronger. Looking forward to watching this season

Positives are their ability to run the floor, shoot the 3, pass to an open man and put the ball on the floor more like a wing rather than a post player.

Negatives are lack of weight and strength relative to their height and lack of experience playing at the college/ACC level.

In the long run weight and strength should be changed by training table and weight training. Experience playing at a higher level should also happen organically over time.

IMHO, in the immediate coming season they should still be able to contribute positively provided they play one at a time in a mix with 4 other fully experienced players and play as 3/4s where their positives will be enhanced and their negatives minimized.

Obviously the twins need their bodies to mature but we've seen how great Chet Holmgron from Gonzaga was and will be a top 3 pick in NBA draft. They can contribute right away especially if they can shoot.

Seems like we have good options to go big or go small as needed, even if these guys will take a while to become true inside presences. It's been awhile since we have had any kind of depth, let alone the ability to strategize against opponents with our lineups. I'm excited.

Last edited:
Obviously the twins need their bodies to mature but we've seen how great Chet Holmgron from Gonzaga was and will be a top 3 pick in NBA draft. They can contribute right away especially if they can shoot.
If they end up being 50 percent of what Chet was/is they will be major gets. I wish we could’ve seen him as the star offensive player on a team instead of a cog of a juggernaut offensively. But 7/5 and 2 blocks would be great out of these two each at any point in their careers.

They can't be any thinner than Dolezaj at Syracuse. He added value.

If they end up being 50 percent of what Chet was/is they will be major gets. I wish we could’ve seen him as the star offensive player on a team instead of a cog of a juggernaut offensively. But 7/5 and 2 blocks would be great out of these two each at any point in their careers.
I don't expect them to be chet or whatever. But i think the one is better shooter than him right now

I don't get the hype with CH. He avoided a P5 conference and didn't need to be the focal point for a reason imo.

I don't get the hype with CH. He avoided a P5 conference and didn't need to be the focal point for a reason imo.

Yeah and there are people comparing him to KD (I think ESPN did). Crazy speculation. Seems like he'd be a risky pick.

All I know is that I couldn't wait for Gonzaga games just to watch Holmgren...not a fair or perfect comparison...but I do have that same feeling and anticipation with the twins...wonderful get for Pitt...I'm excited to watch them play and develop...

Rim protector and has skills at that size you can’t teach. I wouldn’t take him 1, but what’s the difference if he goes to Kentucky, Kansas or Duke and is the 5th leading scorer instead of 2nd. No one really questioned Jalen Suggs

Rim protector and has skills at that size you can’t teach. I wouldn’t take him 1, but what’s the difference if he goes to Kentucky, Kansas or Duke and is the 5th leading scorer instead of 2nd. No one really questioned Jalen Suggs
Imagine if Steph Curry had gone to one of those schools, instead of Davidson. He’d be . . . exactly who he is today.

The difference is - its doubtful he makes it through a P5 season, let alone an NBA season. He's better suited for a "save the children" ad than a NBA frontline imo.

If Suggs was 125#s at his height - I would be concerned as well.

Please call. Your donation of $.65 per day will help feed Chet.

Last edited:
The difference is - its doubtful he makes it through a P5 season, let alone an NBA season. He's better suited for a "save the children" ad than a NBA frontline imo.

He's pretty strong for being a twig.

@BballinsiderfromPitt

Well, that didn't take long...

Reactions: Pittnerski
ADVERTISEMENT