ADVERTISEMENT

Did anyone else catch.

wbrpanther

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jul 5, 2001
the picture of Franklin on some sports pages today? Showed him in the air executing a celebratory hip bump with Gisecky after a Gisecky touchdown. Couldn't tell if it was against Akron or Pitt since Franklin considers both games equal.

Why are we so infatuated with Franklin. Now we care how he looks in pics celebrating with players?

We got another huge game against oklahoma state coming up in 6 days. Lets move on.
He said that win was JUST LIKE AKRON but the picture shows him jumping around like an obsessed fan boy. Why are you so infatuated about what I think? My infatuation has nothing to do with how we play next Saturday. So move on from me now.

He said that win was JUST LIKE AKRON but the picture shows him jumping around like an obsessed fan boy. Why are you so infatuated about what I think? My infatuation has nothing to do with how we play next Saturday. So move on from me now.

Because you make yourself look like a fool infatuated with another school's COACH. I'd prefer you not to embarass yourself and the Pitt fanbase but you apparently can't help yourself. Talking about the game, players, execution etc. is one thing, but to go on about how he celebrates with players and appearance in a pic? wow pathetic.

Sarge, I'm with you. Franklin is a fake and a fraud. We all should point out his hypocrisy simply because he is the head coach of PSU. May be if someone had challenge another PSU head coach history would have been different.

On the other thread it was getting on his case because of the whining he did about the defense clapping during their plays last year. I pointed out that complaining comments when you lose just make you look like a bigger loser. I would say Pitt (fans in this case) should not bother whining about his classless comments because they don't change anything on the scoreboard. Don't make it sound like he did last year. Refocus on the next game which looks to be the tougher opponent, actually.

Of course we can only hope the coaches and players were ticked off by his comments ... file it away and recall the comments for next season...work their tails off, devise a better game plan, execute it well... and stick his comments up his tailpipe the way that matters most... with defeat.

Reactions: barkleyfamily
On the other thread it was getting on his case because of the whining he did about the defense clapping during their plays last year. I pointed out that complaining comments when you lose just make you look like a bigger loser. I would say Pitt (fans in this case) should not bother whining about his classless comments because they don't change anything on the scoreboard. Don't make it sound like he did last year. Refocus on the next game which looks to be the tougher opponent, actually.

Of course we can only hope the coaches and players were ticked off by his comments ... file it away and recall the comments for next season...work their tails off, devise a better game plan, execute it well... and stick his comments up his tailpipe the way that matters most... with defeat.
Well said. The key line in was to get pissed and file it away and keep it there til next season. Get shit straightened out for the rest of this season get to atleast 8 wins which could be a tough task with the ways look so far.

Because you make yourself look like a fool infatuated with another school's COACH. I'd prefer you not to embarass yourself and the Pitt fanbase but you apparently can't help yourself. Talking about the game, players, execution etc. is one thing, but to go on about how he celebrates with players and appearance in a pic? wow pathetic.
You being upset by what I do is a bit pathetic too. If I want to call that phony out I will call that phony out.

Sarge, I'm with you. Franklin is a fake and a fraud. We all should point out his hypocrisy simply because he is the head coach of PSU. May be if someone had challenge another PSU head coach history would have been different.
Then you are not with Sarge. He doesn't think you should be criticizing poor Jimmy Franks.

Then you are not with Sarge. He doesn't think you should be criticizing poor Jimmy Franks.
Sarge presents a decent argument, but nothing wrong with you calling out the leader of their program. I'm with you. He's a jerkoff and should be called out for it. I'd love to see that pic. His statement after the game all but confirmed his true feelings. A picture of that celebration is further proof For those in denial.

Sarge presents a decent argument, but nothing wrong with you calling out the leader of their program. I'm with you. He's a jerkoff and should be called out for it. I'd love to see that pic. His statement after the game all but confirmed his true feelings. A picture of that celebration is further proof For those in denial.
They actually showed him live on TV jumping around like the little cheerleader that he is. Just pointing out that I am sure he wasn't doing that when they scored against Akron.

They actually showed him live on TV jumping around like the little cheerleader that he is. Just pointing out that I am sure he wasn't doing that when they scored against Akron.
I was talking to a PSU buddy today. He defended Franklin, saying he didn't mean anything by it, as he does that every week in an effort to keep things even keel. At the time of our conversation, I wasn't aware that the super bowl comment accompanied the Akron comment. So franklin was obviously taking a calculated jab, not realizing that his comments achieved the exact opposite of what he attempted. It showed everyone how important the win really was to him. As it should have been--given it was against an in state rival who plays in an arguably better conference, and resides within the geography of a key recruiting area. It's obviously not equivalent to Akron. And no one with a brain buys it.

He's a very insecure dude that Franklin. I think he saw Narduzzi do that with Conner last year and it pissed him off and he couldn't wait to do it to us this year. I don't mind the exuberance. I just think it was odd that he did the exact same thing. Narduzzi's was a very, in the moment, natural-type of thing. Franklin was calling Gesicky over like a little kid to make a scene for the cameras.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT